Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: [Insert clever title here]  (Read 3510 times)

Offline Occam

• House Bee
[Insert clever title here]
« on: October 31, 2022, 01:56:35 am »
And that's where the cleverness ends lol.

Howdy from Oklahoma, first year beek here. One strong Lang colony I got from a nuc, one weak colony from a late (July) trap in a hive I carved out of a log.

Plumbing pays the bills. I also dabble in pyrography, photography, am setting up a homestead, enjoy the outdoors in many ways,  and generally get my hands into more than I can keep up with🤣

Till next time!
Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: [Insert clever title here]
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 06:40:41 am »
Hi Occam, we are glad to have you join us as well as our other latest members! You will find not only the honey bee Sections here, but other interesting headings as well. You might particularly like the ALMOST BEEKEEPING - RELATED TOPICS which include the following. Enjoy and Welcome to Beemaster!

Phillip

FARMING & COUNTRY LIFE
This forum is for sharing information UNIQUE to farming and Country Living: Animal Care, Hunting, Fishing, Farm Equipment, Orchard and Crop managment, barn and fence tending, roadside stands and more.

GARDENING AROUND THE HOUSE
This forum is for Gardening related issues. Bees and Gardens go together. Talk about which plants best support your hives and LOOK INSIDE for the link to a MASSIVE GARDENING FORUM.

OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM
Whether you are in to Camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing, flying, go-karting, backpacking or any other outdoor sport - share your stories here.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 09:26:15 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 11:03:10 am »
Welcome to Beemaster, Occam!  :happy:  My family has a small homestead as well.  I'm looking forward to hearing about all your endeavors!
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

salvo

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2023, 12:10:41 pm »
Hi Folks, Occam,

I revived an old thread at the Coffee House hoping you'd reply.

How did you choose your user name, Occam? I think I know why, but it might be overly complicated. :cheesy:

I smiled at that *Insert clever title here*.

Sal

Offline Occam

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2023, 10:54:50 am »
I took my user name from the principle of Occam's Razor. There are a couple spelling variations floated out there, I chose this one. The principle says not to multiply entities beyond necessity. It leads to the idea that in a multitude of possibilities the simplest solution is likely the correct one. It's at the very least the best starting point. In today's acronym we often say K.I.S.S. or Keep It Simple Stupid (or Stupid Simple depending on who you ask).
Entities must not be multiplied beyond necessity

anything