Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Should You Carry In The Outdoors?  (Read 2575 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Should You Carry In The Outdoors?
« on: October 18, 2022, 02:46:09 pm »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Should You Carry In The Outdoors?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 12:25:43 am »
Not so sure I would not have went-on and let him have it! He might sneak, or circle around for another ambush attempt further up the line, or he may attack another human-being who may be caught flat footed and unsuspecting of danger until it's too late.
(The Mountain Lion didn't seem very scared of the report of the warning shots fired). (Or was it warning shots? Maybe he flat out missed? lol
If so it is understandable, probably scared and shaky himself?)

So; Should the outdoorsman have let him have it?
What are your thoughts?
🤷🏼‍♂️

Phillip
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 07:46:01 am »
look to me as if he tried. Flat out missed, as stated. If you heard his breathing, scared to death. Heart rate up, adrenaline rushing, shaking.

You can shoot at targets all day long, but till it happens you dont know how your body will react. Second time wont be so bad for him.

The pistola probably saved him though.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2022, 09:49:59 am »
>You can shoot at targets all day long, but till it happens you dont know how your body will react. Second time wont be so bad for him.

True.  I had been hunting deer for years with a rifle with no issue, but the first time I was bow hunting and had a deer less than 10 yards from me, I was shaking so badly I couldn't pull the bow.  Next time wasn't so bad.  You can't predict what you body will do without your permission.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2022, 10:51:10 am »
One thing is for sure. The Mountian Lion had him marked for lunch! I doubt the lion would hesitate to equally claim another human as lunch as well on another day? Especially if hungry? 🤷 He didn?t seem overly discouraged?

Phillip

Offline William Bagwell

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2022, 09:53:46 pm »
One thing is for sure. The Mountian Lion had him marked for lunch! I doubt the lion would hesitate to equally claim another human as lunch as well on another day? Especially if hungry? 🤷 He didn?t seem overly discouraged?
Agree, and he might have hit it if he had been a bit calmer. Perhaps some lessons from these men?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDubMeNlSxc

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2022, 04:07:40 pm »
All im going to say is I would have to be pretty hungry

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2022, 09:34:24 pm »
All im going to say is I would have to be pretty hungry

And all they were carrying was spears?  I suppose the confident, direct walk the men took toward the group threw the lions off a bit, at least long enough for the men to quickly accomplish the mission? Im with you Bill, I would have to be 'very' hungry!   :cheesy:

Good post William...

Phillip

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2022, 07:43:04 am »
This is probably not the first time that they have done this and more than likely some time in the past one brave lion probably lost his life trying to protect his food and they remember that incident.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2022, 06:37:28 pm »
This is probably not the first time that they have done this and more than likely some time in the past one brave lion probably lost his life trying to protect his food and they remember that incident.
Jim Altmiller

Most likely so! I bet some men have suffered the same fate at one time or another through the years. Literally a life or death game of cat and mouse for the survival of both Lion and Man..
(Speaking of the second video in reply # 5)

Phillip

anything