Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Gold prospecting using a metal detector  (Read 38947 times)

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
Re: Gold prospecting using a metal detector
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2022, 06:17:08 pm »
Here it is.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2022, 07:17:50 pm »
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #82 on: May 19, 2022, 12:27:37 am »
Les even if the stone is not real, It looks good. Congratulation on the find. I would expect rings are a prize for metal detector folks as yourself! You did it. Now my I encourage you to go and find another!  :grin:

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #83 on: May 19, 2022, 07:35:23 pm »
Hi Phillip,

In the last month I have been lucky enough to find 3 gold rings and one gold pendant as well. Just looking for the people who may have lost it so that it can be returned. No luck as yet.

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #84 on: May 23, 2022, 06:43:36 pm »
Went away for a few days in the caravan and stayed on the coast. Had a bit of fun detecting a beach in the rain. Here?s the results of a couple of sessions.

Day one included this coin which many of you would recognise

Day two was also a good day out.

An interesting coin was also found.

It is a 2 Toea coin from Papua New Guinea. I?ve never seen one before.  Back home again now and just waiting for things to dry out before getting back into the bees.

Cheers

Les

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #85 on: May 23, 2022, 07:05:00 pm »
Awesome Les!

What is the date on the American Quarter?

14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #86 on: May 23, 2022, 11:16:48 pm »

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #87 on: May 23, 2022, 11:38:03 pm »
I was hoping 1964 or previous. (Silver) But, still a good find!

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #88 on: May 24, 2022, 01:12:18 am »
Had a interesting morning on the beach. Not much was  found but I was lucky enough to almost step onto a 7 foot diamond python sunning itself on the sand. Wish I had my phone with me to snap a shot. About 20 minutes later I was looking at a storm brewing out to sea. A water spout formed as I was watching. Raced back to the car to grab the phone but it had diminished considerably before I could take the shot.

It died and reformed about 15 minutes later. What an amazing thing to see.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #89 on: May 24, 2022, 01:25:07 am »
Wow! Do you have water spouts there often Les? Nice picture by the way. Clouds in the background with the water spout, beautiful waves, greenery scenery, and clean Ocean water.... Beautiful spot with the contrasting scenery! This place would make a naturally good set up for professional pictures in my opinion. Except for the snakes! lol

Phillip

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2022, 01:55:06 am »
Hi Phillip.

Haven?t seen a water spout for quite a few years. They do occur from time to time. Yes, it is a beautiful part of the coastline. Haven?t been to this beach in years. Pretty lucky to have this type of country close to home.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2022, 11:08:31 am »
Day one included this coin which many of you would recognise

Mr. Washington!!  What are you doing on the other side of the world?!  :grin:

Had a interesting morning on the beach. Not much was  found but I was lucky enough to almost step onto a 7 foot diamond python sunning itself on the sand. Wish I had my phone with me to snap a shot. About 20 minutes later I was looking at a storm brewing out to sea. A water spout formed as I was watching. Raced back to the car to grab the phone but it had diminished considerably before I could take the shot.

It died and reformed about 15 minutes later. What an amazing thing to see.
Wow!  Amazing!  I guess there are many different kinds of treasures to be found at the beach.   :happy:
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2022, 11:17:53 am »
Mr. Washington!!  What are you doing on the other side of the world?!  :grin:

Good question!

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #93 on: July 03, 2022, 04:13:42 am »
Went away for a few weeks towing the caravan. Stopped for 7 days in a location that was once mined for small gold. Was lucky enough to find a few pieces with the detector. This is what I found on the first day.

The sunsets in the dry country are spectacular. Sitting outside with a glass of red wine as the sun goes down  is a tough job but some one has to do it.

Cheers

Les

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #94 on: July 03, 2022, 06:04:50 am »
Nice. How much did it weigh?
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #95 on: July 03, 2022, 10:10:30 am »
Hi Jim,

Not much at all. I didn?t have scales with me. I would expect those little pieces would be less than one gram.

Cheers

Les

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2022, 12:39:15 pm »
Went away for a few weeks towing the caravan. Stopped for 7 days in a location that was once mined for small gold. Was lucky enough to find a few pieces with the detector. This is what I found on the first day.

The sunsets in the dry country are spectacular. Sitting outside with a glass of red wine as the sun goes down  is a tough job but some one has to do it.

Cheers

Les
Sounds like a great time!  That is an amazing sunset!  :grin:

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #97 on: July 04, 2022, 02:53:39 am »
Yes it was. Most afternoons produced beautiful sunsets. I put together a bit of a clip showing what I was chasing and the country that was being prospected. Hope you enjoy it.

https://youtu.be/ReDf9JKrr4w

Cheers

Les

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #98 on: July 04, 2022, 02:49:26 pm »
Great video!  That's amazing country! 

Offline Lesgold

• Queen Bee
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2022, 11:18:16 pm »
Back on the beach again. Was lucky enough to find an old silver florin that was caught in a rock crevice. It?s a bit worn (as you would expect) as it has been in the water for a long time. It?s always good to find old coins.

anything