Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Let?s Go Hunting Or Fishing! Your Pick!  (Read 911 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Let?s Go Hunting Or Fishing! Your Pick!
« on: January 15, 2024, 07:05:06 pm »
https://youtube.com/shorts/e7re638dVx8?si=jozdQtd6jnBx2QKj

Check out this versatile Hummer! The perfect outdoor vehicle? 
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Let?s Go Hunting Or Fishing! Your Pick!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 07:20:21 pm »
Part 2

Adding this land/water Vehicle travels 40 knots-46.031 miles per hour in water!  Quiet impressive.

https://youtube.com/shorts/8TqCD3e7EHg?si=yAPu1cPJgsI3_YIs

« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 09:52:40 am by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2024, 06:04:52 am »
>The perfect outdoor vehicle?

The perfect outdoor vehicle is a mule.  Next is a horse.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2024, 07:59:22 am »
I can only imagine what that toy cost.  It would capsize in the ocean waves.  And you would be nuts to put that is salt water.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2024, 08:35:08 am »
X2
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline animal

• Field Bee
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2024, 08:58:23 am »
If it works perfectly as advertised, and I was filthy rich ... I'd buy one and play for a year or two, then sell it. Just seeing the bottoms of a few yankee cars over the years makes me cringe over the idea of putting it in salt water. The idea of a car with boat registration numbers/sticker on the sides and driving down a boat ramp with a crowd around is amusing, tho...
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2024, 10:59:48 am »
>The perfect outdoor vehicle?

The perfect outdoor vehicle is a mule.  Next is a horse.

Not all forms of transportation are vehicles, and not all vehicles are a form of transportation. A horse is indeed a transport, but not a vehicle. A vehicle is a man-made thing. In this case, (myself being a horse lover and mule enthusiast by the way), I had 'vehicles' in mind.

This vehicle, using animals words ("If it works perfectly as advertised"); Would be hard to beat for an 'all around' combination hunting and fishing 'vehicle' as compared to other 'vehicles' IMHO. 

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2024, 11:27:44 am »
vehicle: a thing used for transporting people or goods, especially on land
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2024, 11:37:47 am »

The key word is "thing". A mule, horse, camel and even and elephant are classified as mammals, animals with specific names and are certainly not inanimate objects.

Thing: an object that one need not, cannot, or does not wish to give a specific name to: an inanimate material object as distinct from a living     sentient being.

« Last Edit: March 06, 2024, 02:24:10 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2024, 02:03:16 pm »
I can only imagine what that toy cost.  It would capsize in the ocean waves.  And you would be nuts to put that is salt water.

I agree salt water would not be a good idea..

Offline animal

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2024, 12:35:49 am »

The key word is "thing". A mule, horse, camel and even and elephant are classified as mammals, animals with specific names and are certainly not inanimate objects.

Thing: an object that one need not, cannot, or does not wish to give a specific name to: an inanimate material object as distinct from a living     sentient being.
dunno there Ben ..
I've always looked at animals as objects (some people too, if I'm being honest, but getting too specific about that could upset the ladies, lol ... never quite understood that ... I spent much of my youth wanting to be objectified by hot babes, but alas, had to finally give up on that wish). Of course horses aren't inanimate objects, but the very use of the phrase implies the existence of animate objects. Horses are animate by definition, unless they're dead, but even then they could be a vehicle for disease. Legally speaking, horses are treated as property, and therefore as objects and/or things. Also, when it comes to traffic laws; horses are treated as vehicles just as much as any vehicle they might be pulling, they're just not motor vehicles ... and there's another one of those phrases, this time implying the existence of non-motor vehicles.

I don't think fishing on horseback would be a good idea (in or out of the water, but especially not in, and most especially not in deep water). I doubt they would appreciate getting accidentally hooked either, and I bet it would take a bit of training to get one to tolerate a big flopping fish getting hauled up on it's back (maybe bream fishing with a cane pole, but that's the slimy oatmeal or kale of fishing ... pretty much not worth doing unless that's all you got . Hunting deer and especially quail on horseback is pretty hard to beat though.

Just picking atcha, because I'm bored and rambling after a long day ... and being a vehicle for irritation is kinda fun sometimes... :wink:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2024, 02:18:46 am »
>dunno there Ben ..
I've always looked at animals as objects (some people too, if I'm being honest, but getting too specific about that could upset the ladies, lol ... never quite understood that ... I spent much of my youth wanting to be objectified by hot babes, but alas, had to finally give up on that wish). Of course horses aren't inanimate objects, but the very use of the phrase implies the existence of animate objects. Horses are animate by definition, unless they're dead, but even then they could be a vehicle for disease.

:grin: :cheesy: All right!  Not only a fellow Mississippian, but a Philosopher as well! What a treat!  :grin:

Yes I agree and concede, even though the definition of the term 'things' is clearly stated and defined; In this case a 'dead horse' could very well be a 'vehicle' for spreading disease. lol  :wink:

What happened with you that contributed to the disappointment of your lack of  hot babes growing up? With your sense of humor, (an important attribute that most girls appreciate, or so I would have thought, which you clearly possess), you should have been swamped with 'hot babes' growing up. lol  :wink:

> Legally speaking, horses are treated as property, and therefore as objects and/or things. Also, when it comes to traffic laws; horses are treated as vehicles just as much as any vehicle they might be pulling, they're just not motor vehicles ... and there's another one of those phrases, this time implying the existence of non-motor vehicles.
Yes Horses are considered as property for sure. However I don't know so much about their being considered as 'things', I suppose in the sense you are speaking they could be considered as 'things a person owns' in a blanked sense of tone.
I would more so lean to the idea of horses being  "Property that a person owns: to be more precise. 
However in this case I went strictly by the rules of Mr Bush, in answer to his definition of 'things'. lol.

And yes, wagons, carts, and buggies that a horse or mule may pull, may very well be perceived and defined 'as vehicles', but not the horse by which power they are drawn (the horse or mule). Such beast laboring is considered 'horse power'. One hose drawing such a 'vehicle; equals one horse power. Two horses pulling such a vehicle equals two HP etc. lol. :cheesy:
>I don't think fishing on horseback would be a good idea (in or out of the water, but especially not in, and most especially not in deep water). I doubt they would appreciate getting accidentally hooked either, and I bet it would take a bit of training to get one to tolerate a big flopping fish getting hauled up on it's back (maybe bream fishing with a cane pole, but that's the slimy oatmeal or kale of fishing ... pretty much not worth doing unless that's all you got . Hunting deer and especially quail on horseback is pretty hard to beat though.

Nor do I consider fishing on horseback, to be the most convent way to fish, especially if a lot of area is to be covered. On the other hand, Quail in wagons? Most defiantly! Deer on HB" Yes, my preference for that quest as well! We might add squirrel hunting with dogs via horseback to be considered to boot...
Sadly, quail are gone in my area, thus a way of life with them....

>Just picking atcha, because I'm bored and rambling after a long day ... and being a vehicle for irritation is kinda fun sometimes... :wink:

I relate, appreciate, and welcome such objective points of view, no matter the 'vehicle' you may use and choose to pick at me with! lol   :tongue: :grin:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 02:33:55 am by Ben Framed »

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2024, 05:44:02 am »
Everything is by definition, a thing.
-------------------

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2024, 07:57:39 am »
Everything is by definition, a thing.

True.

Colossians 1:16-20
King James Version
16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Offline animal

• Field Bee
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2024, 05:03:33 pm »
It has occurred to me that I've never asked a horse what their preferred pronouns are. I've often just used "it", especially when I didn't know it's sex. Never had a horse offended by that, btw  :cheesy:

Then again, I have been known to use "it" for blue haired, tattoos, and metal stuck in their face types. It offends them, but they seem to want to be offended. Being such a nice guy, I'm happy to oblige that way.

And Ben ... turns out the hot wicked chicks could care less about humor. Only thing they seem to be attracted to is money. The ones that are really honest about it (that you can skip the details and just pay outright for) tend to get ragged really quick, and I was always afraid of them. ... so I had to settle for a nice girl.

Offline Terri Yaki

• Queen Bee
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2024, 06:14:06 pm »
It has occurred to me that I've never asked a horse what their preferred pronouns are. I've often just used "it", especially when I didn't know it's sex. Never had a horse offended by that, btw  :cheesy:

Then again, I have been known to use "it" for blue haired, tattoos, and metal stuck in their face types. It offends them, but they seem to want to be offended. Being such a nice guy, I'm happy to oblige that way.

And Ben ... turns out the hot wicked chicks could care less about humor. Only thing they seem to be attracted to is money. The ones that are really honest about it (that you can skip the details and just pay outright for) tend to get ragged really quick, and I was always afraid of them. ... so I had to settle for a nice girl.
Did you find some 'shrooms or something? :cool:

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2024, 09:36:47 pm »
Animal, Ah we went form hot chicks (good looking girls to wicked women?)

Did you find some 'shrooms or something? :cool:

:shocked: :cheesy: :grin:  lol
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 09:48:11 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline animal

• Field Bee
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2024, 10:00:41 pm »
Animal, Ah we went form hot chicks (good looking girls to wicked women?)
nah .. "good looking girls"  = "babes"
          "hot chicks" = "wicked babes" ... often sporting short leather skirts and spike heels .. fishnets are a plus

just sayin ...

sorry about the redundancy concerning "wicked" in that earlier post .. a side effect of where my mind was at, I guess.

anything