Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ghost Guns  (Read 24003 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Ghost Guns
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2021, 12:54:44 pm »
The American people did wake up.  They picked sleepy Joe and a black woman over Trump.  As a Trump supporter you follow in his footsteps ... twist the truth, blame the other guy for what you are guilty of.
All politicians are misleading.  Doesn't matter at all what party they are affiliated with.

This is a little OT, but the left is constantly telling us how racist this country is.  Isn't it odd that in such a nasty racist country, so many find it convenient to ID as a minority and more often than not, black?  Of course, that's not an exclusive choice because we have to factor in people like Pocahontas.   :grin:

Why didn't the Veep ID as Indian?  Why did Obama insist he was black when pointing out that he was 1/2 white should have been an advantage in a racist country?  There are more examples.

Just a random observation before coffee.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2021, 08:53:10 am »
White people have determined that if you have just the slightest amount of black DNA you are black.  Black people didn't make that rule.  So keep sipping your coffee and think about that.  Try to understand what racism is and how to recognize it.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2021, 11:09:03 am »
White people have determined that if you have just the slightest amount of black DNA you are black.  Black people didn't make that rule.  So keep sipping your coffee and think about that.  Try to understand what racism is and how to recognize it.

Brian, I do not like to keep disputing you my friend but the (black leaders on the left), along with the rest of the folks who are rioting, looting, and burning over the latest publicized police shooting, say they are doing it because the police killed a black man. Yet his mother is clearly white? 

Where do you get all these off the wall ideas my friend? Black folks say he is black on national tv. Actually he is a mixture of both. Your inaccurate statement about white folks, sounds just like the echo of some of the race dividing news anchors on some of these news stations. You really need to find better news sources. Don't fall prey to the brainwashing effects of the race dividing media. Their income and power comes from hate and division promoting. Wake up, we are all Americans what ever our race.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2021, 11:43:02 am »
ben framed
Ace is correct in his statement that you highlighted.  This is true whether you are willing to admit it or not.  It has always been that way including when a slave master raped a slave and the baby she had was a slave when it was born.   You must not have watched too many cowboy movies where the half breed was not served alcohol cause he was a half breed.
You must know better then what you just typed.
Cheers
gww

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2021, 12:04:38 pm »
ben framed
Ace is correct in his statement that you highlighted.  This is true whether you are willing to admit it or not.  It has always been that way including when a slave master raped a slave and the baby she had was a slave when it was born.   You must not have watched too many cowboy movies where the half breed was not served alcohol cause he was a half breed.
You must know better then what you just typed.
Cheers
gww

Well lets go back a century and a half ago. To the time of some of the Movie pretrials of Cowboys and Indians. The times of slaves and slave owners. What I do know about slavery, is the party of Slavery at the time of slavery is the Demarcate Party whether you are willing to admit it or not, the same party that Ace promotes today, You too?  Surely you know better than what you typed?  :wink:

Adding as I also said to Ace. "Wake up, we are all Americans what ever our race."

.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 12:20:00 pm by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2021, 12:28:40 pm »
benframed
The church had inquisitions but many still go to church and can look at its pasts and put it into the proper light that it deserves to be looked at.  Those going to church can still recognize fact compared to fiction with out having to change facts to fictional stories.
You know better then what you typed.
Cheers
gww 

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2021, 12:37:13 pm »
benframed
The church had inquisitions but many still go to church and can look at its pasts and put it into the proper light that it deserves to be looked at.  Those going to church can still recognize fact compared to fiction with out having to change facts to fictional stories.
You know better then what you typed.
Cheers
gww

Which part of either of my last two post is not true and we will go from there. The only way you can hope to make it not true is in your attempts to twist it. Of course you already know this. You know better than what you typed.

Incase you did not get it in the last two post, once to Ace and once again quoting to remind you, I will say it a third time. "Wake up, we are all Americans what ever our race." Do you agree or is this something you can not agree on or accept for whatever reason?

.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 01:07:26 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2021, 01:59:46 pm »

You are correct that 150 years ago this was the standard.  Now people can ID as anything they wish to.  Not my point.  If minorities were being held back because they are minorities and we have such a problem with white racists, people would do their best not to identify as any kind of minority.

I do recognize racism.  I recognize that there are racist people.  I recognize that there are racist people of all races.  What I reject is the notion that we have a racist country.  There are a number of ways to evaluate this.  One way is to look at the number of people coming into this country and trying to come in, both legally and illegally.  We take in over 1 million legal immigrants each year.  We know that Asian immigrants tend to do well in the US no matter where they have come from.  Another group that does really well both in assimilation and economically, is black people coming from Africa.  It's not as large a group, but they become citizens at a high rate, earn well, become or are fluent in English and integrate into American life. 

While it is popular for our US press to tell us all blacks in this country are oppressed, it is not true.  Still, if you take a measure of the part of the black population that is not doing well, and compare them to black immigrants, you can see what might be culturally different that would account for the disparity.

There are some things we know make a difference in future success and it doesn't matter your race or ethnicity.  A two-parent home is one of the first indicators, yet over 1/3 of black children live in, many born into, single parent homes.  Compare that to immigrant groups and you have the first reason that so many black children start behind other groups. 
Why did this happen?  I highly recommend reading or watching Thomas Sowell.  He's a black economist who has studied the breakdown of the black family.

"The black family, which had survived centuries of slavery and discrimination, began rapidly disintegrating in the liberal welfare state that subsidized unwed pregnancy and changed welfare from an emergency rescue to a way of life."

Thomas Sowell

https://ammo.com/articles/lbj-great-society-war-on-poverty-welfare-state-helped-ruin-black-communities

Also Walter E Williams, who recently passed, but was brilliant.

https://winteryknight.com/2020/06/12/two-black-economists-explain-how-to-end-poverty-in-america-2/

Maybe groups that claim concern for blacks in this country should be holding up these guys and those like them as examples to black youth, rather than screaming about dead criminals and giving them big splashy funerals (in the middle of COVID) as if their lives and deaths were something to aspire to?
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2021, 02:05:53 pm »
Oh, and if you have Prime, there are two good shows on there for a different perspective.  One is Uncle Tom and the other is Thomas Sowell doc.  If you search Prime Video with his name it will come up.

Since the press only gives one side of any story, learning the other side is useful if you want to form informed opinions. 

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2021, 02:23:53 pm »
benframed
Which part of either of my last two post is not true
In your first post you said ace was wrong and then pointed out how right he was by pointing out what people were saying that you disagree with cause you say we are all americans.  You can feel that way but the actions of others that you wrote show what ace was saying.  It should change to how you look at it but has not and is a continuation of the old cowboy movies in modern day.  You are pointing out that rioting cause a black man was killed is wrong cause the guy was not black and yet as ace says, todays society recognizes him as black and a white mother did not change that at all.  I know you were saying it was black people calling him black and not mixed but white people besides you are not contesting this and from looking and not knowing genetics or seeing his mother he is physically black and white and black have eyes.

Your post gives the insinuation that people are rioting over a lie which is a lie itself and you show it is the rioting that bothers you more then the police killing of a black man.  It is a position but not one everyone has. 

the same party that Ace promotes today, You too?
The insinuation is that the party holds the same platform that it used to hold and then it is bad that they can be supported.  I do not know better then what I typed when I pointed out that the church has a past also and the your logic would have to apply to them also.  It is your logic and not mine as I can tell the difference from history and today.   We both pointed out history and the only difference is on which histories are still pertinent today.  The fact that a black man that has a white mother can still be a black man in the eyes of society is one that is still pertinent currently.  You mentioning black leaders recognizing this does not mean that white people position on this is not the reason black leaders recognize it.  They see what ace sees and for some portion of society is not ancient history but a continuation of history. 

I could say I pay taxes and so all cops work for me and I might have some sorta sound logic in that position but if a cop wanted to exercise authority wrongly that was given to him over me, it would still be factual that he could and could abuse his authority and it would not help me because I just believe something.

So I believe we are all americans but don't try and contend that because I believe that that that is factual practice in america but more and asperation to work towards.  Your lie is to make the case that it is fact rather then should be fact.  Your lie is you said ace was wrong and insinuated the work was done already and we are all americans and those black people are wrong cause they did not reconize this and are rioting.
Would what you are implying be true, there are some black poeple that would be alive today and there would also be no riots.  But, you know better then what you typed.
Cheers
gww

Kathy
I agree with some of your points.  One, there are racist of all kinds of people on all sides.  Two, america is the land of opportunity, however it will always be two steps forward and one step back just like my personal live and so needs continual effort for improvement where there are still issues.
Cheers
gww

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2021, 03:25:47 pm »
You could not be more wrong.
I am sorry it went over your head. I ask you what part I said was not true. Instead you give me your twisted (interpretation) of your wide imagination. Your interpretation could not be more wrong. Go back and read it again, this time without predigest. Maybe you will get it. But I rather doubt it..
Ace said white folks create the narrative of who is portrayed and considered white or black. I simply pointed with an open minded opinion of Kathys before coffee thoughts. The most recent example of a tragedy, black leaders pointed out the man was black. When we all know he was partly white. I recognize the man was at least partly white. Do you get it now?
This is what happens when race baiting folks bring race into the picture and grooms hate, opening the door for peoples emotions, who may already have or harbor a hint of racial prejudice flowing in their veins. Opening the door to confusion as you are demonstrating now. It?s sad that some folks can only see black and white as you and Ace, but can not read and understand what is written in black and white without attempting to twist it for bad for your own gratification. Shame

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2021, 03:52:52 pm »
benframed
I see you added to the post asking me to point out a lie.  It was not there when I answered but does not change anything.  I see you still do not get it cause this last post of yours is but a repeat of what you said in your earlier post.   You can recognize the man was at least partly white?  Good for you but out of context of saying what ace pointed out was wrong.  This effort of showing ace was wrong was how you used the fact that you recognized the guy was partly white.  You typing that did not show that what ace said was wrong about racist in society.
The only thing going over any ones head is believing that what you typed discounted the point ace was making.  Shame.
Cheers
gww

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2021, 04:16:23 pm »
> benframed
I see you added to the post asking me to point out a lie.  It was not there when I answered

No my invitation to you was if I wrote something that was not true in those last two post to point it out and we would go from there. The word lie is yours. So let?s use your word lie. My last edit of that post was 1:07. Your response post was 2:27 so yes it was there. There may be lies told here but it is not me. Ha
 :tongue: :grin:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2021, 04:37:55 pm »
Your post gives the insinuation that people are rioting over a lie which is a lie itself and you show it is the rioting that bothers you more then the police killing of a black man.  It is a position but not one everyone has.

The only part of the story that is true is that a black man was shot by a cop.  They are not robbing liquor stores and burning things down because a black man was shot by a cop.  they are using that as an excuse to behave badly.  Where I live, it's a bunch of white miscreants burning things down, so the rioting is not race-specific. 

Additionally, the press has lied repeatedly about all of the shooting starting with "hands up, don't shoot" which started this mess. 

We need to separate the facts from this latest shooting and look at them logically.  1.  The cop made an inexcusable mistake and should be punished.  2.  The guy had a couple of warrants out for his arrest, the first of which the press has conveniently ignored. He is accused of Aggravated armed robbery and jumping bail.  The second one was the illegal possession of a firearm and fleeing police.

The things he was accused of and his past behavior are what spun up the police.  It was not his race.  They ran his plates and knew his history.

There are some questions we should be asking.  Why does the press continually lie about these people.  Why are career criminals held up as examples to the community?  Why do we accept and expect that a segment of the population will riot when they don't get the outcomes they want, or when something happens to a career criminal in their community. 

Look at the riots across the country.  Someone is funding them.  Someone outfits them in the same riot gear, provides weapons, etc.  Who gains from this stuff?  Certainly not the community, or the country.

We fixate on the wrong things and by the time we wake up, the BLM Antifa Marxist types both in and out of government have destroyed the country. 

Two, america is the land of opportunity, however it will always be two steps forward and one step back just like my personal live and so needs continual effort for improvement where there are still issues.
Cheers

But that is also not race-specific.  The white kid born to a crack mom starts out behind the black kid born into a stable family.  The immigrant with little language or work skills starts out behind the black man who has an education and job skills.  If I go down to the low-income housing in my area, regardless of race, I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone there who is not there because they made bad choices and then did nothing to correct.

The current move to teach critical race theory and divide us is not going to do anything to improve anyones life, nor is it intended to.  The goal is to break the country, destroy the ideal of meritocracy, and remake things as people like Rashida Tlaib envision them.  Marxism has never worked except for the people in control, but it certainly does provide equity in misery.

Let's not take our eye off the ball, because they have a goal and we are being stupidly distracted. 

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2021, 04:41:02 pm »
Correct

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2021, 05:02:12 pm »
benframed
No my invitation to you was if I wrote something that was not true in those last two post to point it out and we would go from there. The word lie is yours. So let?s use your word lie. My last edit of that post was 1:07. Your response post was 2:27 so yes it was there. There may be lies told here but it is not me. Ha
Of course it took a bit of time for me to type and post and read what was posted before I hit enter and so I guess it is questionable on whether that took a minute and twenty second but my guess is it did.   Call it how you want though.

kathy
I like cops when they are heros and don't like them when they are zeros.  I also don't like that they spend more time on revenue raising then solving crime.  I have been pulled over when I was guilty and did not even like it much then cause guilt is situational but also have been pulled over due to cop boredom or hope to meet quotas at times when I was the only one on the road and doing nothing wrong but put through the game of hoping to get a dui or find some other thing to charge for.  They made no effort when my house was robbed but do fine on my speeding tickets or small stupid stuff like forgetting to dim my lights or something so they might find other stuff.  I think the press makes a good point if they are pulling guns for some kind of marijuana charge or warrant when half the country is legalizing it.  I guess how far they go depends on perspective.
I must run with a bad crowd cause I know lots with some kind of record that I don't see as dangerous enough to kill them over. 
I believe cops could be much more useful then just revenue earners.
Cheers
gww

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2021, 05:15:25 pm »

> I see you added to the post asking me to point out a lie.  It was not there when I answered

:tongue: :grin:

> Of course it took a bit of time for me to type and post and read what was posted before I hit enter and so I guess it is questionable on whether that took a minute and twenty second but my guess is it did.   Call it how you want though.

gww, there is a big difference between 1 minute and 20 seconds and 1 hour and 20 minutes as in this case. Goodness man I know you can do better. 😊  Have you been in the sauce today? 😊

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2021, 06:05:34 pm »
Ben framed
Two things. I might have took me an hour and twenty minutes to type, I am bad but I will give you that one and say you are correct and also tell you I have to go back and fix after I post many times if I want a prayer of what I typed to be understood by others or even myself.
I apologize for getting it wrong and even if I would have been correct don't truly see it as too big of a deal if done fairly close to the original post.  I am always adding ps for things I did not get into what I post.

On the lie thing.  You wrote untrue, I wrote lie, perhaps a dictionary would indicate both were the same thing.  Ya think?
Cheers
gww

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2021, 06:16:15 pm »
Well thanks gww. I will give it to you that a lie and an untruth boils down to the same end result. In my case if I say something that is untrue it is by accident and unintentional, I do not wish to spread untruths.  In your case of the two first sentences of your reply 52. Both were untrue. I do not know your heart. You might have not meant it as you wrote it. Therefore taking that into consideration It would normally be very hard for me to call someone lier including you. since I could not be sure. Some folks have no trouble jumping the gun and using the word lie loosely and freely .  To me a lie is an intentional untruth. Where a simple untruth is accidental or an uninformed opinion. I will see what mr Webster has to say about it but there its for what it may be worth. I hope that helps. 😊
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 06:31:57 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2021, 06:52:27 pm »
Either way lie or untrue, both mean wrong.  I apologize for those two sentences but stick to my  over all portrayal of what I wrote.  You may write with the intention of calling out what might be a mistake but when you do it I read it as being confronted as wrong and so a liar.

I was a liar on two sentences of mine and figure it fair this time and admit it on that part.  I do not intentionally lie ever.
Cheers
gww