Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: font size and line breaks  (Read 3897 times)

Offline incognito

• House Bee
font size and line breaks
« on: January 26, 2020, 03:00:39 pm »
Does anyone else wrestle with font sizes and line breaks when posting messages?
Often the message does not format correctly, or it does not appear to me to format correctly.

The reply looks different in preview mode than what gets posted.
When I use the font size drop downs in the editor things go from bad to worse.

Tom

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: font size and line breaks
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2020, 10:50:04 pm »
Not sure about the line break but the trick to setting the font sizes, is select the one you want, and then set your cursor between the middle quotes.
Try it.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2020, 12:55:21 pm »
What quotes?
I don't see any quotes?

I just tried the toggle view icon for the first time. It shows where the font size starts and stops but that does not show line breaks.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 01:10:46 pm by incognito »
Tom

Offline incognito

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 01:00:10 pm »
The following is a test of copying in text from a Word document - Arial font - size 14 - line breaks between each item.
Post preview shows microscopic text.
Actual post shows 4pt font size.
Modified each line in toggle mode to read 14pt. - preview good.
Post good after modification and further tweaking.
Using the Remove Formatting icon applied to the copied text seems to work also.
I lost the line break between the prior two sentences.
The line break shows while editing and in preview but not the post.
It took multiple modifications to get the line breaks to display correctly for the prior two lines.
I had to put in multiple line breaks to get one to save.

Long Island Beekeepers

BEEKEEPERS GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICY (probably oldest Good Neighbor Policy)

1. No more than four hives of honey bees for each one-quarter acre or less of lot size will be maintained on any lot.

2. No hive of honey bees will be maintained within ten feet of a boundary line of the lot on which said hive is located.

3. A six-foot hedge or fence (partition) will be placed between the hives and the neighbors if the hive is ten feet from the neighbor's yard and the entrance faces the neighbor's yard.

4. No hive of honey bees will be maintained unless an adequate supply of water will be furnished within twenty feet of said hive at all times between March 1 and October 31 of each year.

5. No hive of honey bees will be maintained unless such hive is inspected not less than four times between March 1 and October 31 of each year by the owner of the lot on which said hive is located or his delegate. A written record including the date of each such inspection will be maintained by said owner and will be available by authorized individuals.

6. No hive of honey bees will be maintained in a residential area in such a manner as will constitute a substantial nuisance.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 01:27:56 pm by incognito »
Tom

anything