Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: How to resize a photo to be able to post it on BeeMaster.  (Read 18008 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
How to resize a photo to be able to post it on BeeMaster.
« on: August 25, 2018, 08:28:58 am »
To bee able to post a picture from your phone, you need to resize it. In the ap store, look for Resize It.
It looks like this:

When you open it, look at the bottom left side. There is an icon of a photo. Click on it and open the camera roll or what ever your camera calls your photos. Select a photo and then at the bottom of the page, select the Resize It icon. When it opens, change the larger number to 600. It automatically sets the other number. Then at the top left corner, click Done.

At the bottom of the page, click on the circle with the down arrow. Then find the Save Image icon.
Open BeeMaster. To post the pictures, click on Attachments and other Options. This will open up Choose file. Click on it. I then use the Moments file because it puts the photo that you just resized as the last photo. Select the photo, and then click on the insert attachment. If you are going to add another photo, you must use the hive more attachments button.

You can also crop the photo with this tool.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: How to resize a photo to be able to post it on BeeMaster.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 07:11:25 am »
Thanks Jim are you sending to minx and copying me?
Thanks Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 07:21:08 am »
Yes.
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 06:54:20 am »
Yeah, thanks Dusty. :smile:

Offline crmauch

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 12:37:29 am »
I tried to do this, my file is the right size.  Keep getting an invalid attachment problem
Chris

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 01:50:08 am »
crmauch I could not get it to work either. I went instead to Resizer App. Worked first time.

Offline crmauch

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 08:08:58 am »
 Question: After selecting the photo (under 80 kB). I click on the  'insert attachment 0' link next to it.   In the edit box appears 'attachment=0][/attachment' (outer brackets removed). Shouldn't a reference to the photo be there too?  What should a good attachment look like codewise?
Chris

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 09:54:13 am »
Chris,
That is all you will see until you post the reply. Try it on this thread to see how it works.
I usually put a blank line (return) between each of the photos.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline crmauch

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 12:49:42 pm »
My attachment
Chris

Offline crmauch

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2020, 12:51:19 pm »
See problem now.   Preview says invalid attachment,  but when posted it works.
Chris

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2021, 12:45:34 pm »
I had posted the following on the topic >Mixing sugar syrup by the drum<
A couple members were discussing problems posting pictures. In case the other methods described here fail. I am adding the following option thanks to The15thMember. I hope this helps.

"I use Microsoft Paint on Windows 8, so you will need a PC for this to work, and it may be slightly different if you have another version of Windows.  Open your file explorer, go to your pictures, and right click on the picture you want to resize.  Roll over "Open with" and choose Microsoft Paint.  In Paint you'll see a button that says "Resize" and if you click that it opens a window where you can reduce the picture by a percentage.  For most of my pictures, I make them about 20% of their original size, but it will depend on your camera how much you need to reduce them.  When you are happy with the size of the image, click save and at the bottom it will tell you the new file size.  Just be sure the individual pictures are less that 200 kb and you'll be good to go."
« Last Edit: September 30, 2021, 01:26:09 pm by BeeMaster2 »

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2021, 06:28:44 am »
To bee able to post a picture from your phone, you need to resize it. In the ap store, look for Resize It.
It looks like this:

When you open it, look at the bottom left side. There is an icon of a photo. Click on it and open the camera roll or what ever your camera calls your photos. Select a photo and then at the bottom of the page, select the Resize It icon. When it opens, change the larger number to 600. It automatically sets the other number. Then at the top left corner, click Done.

At the bottom of the page, click on the circle with the down arrow. Then find the Save Image icon.
Open BeeMaster. To post the pictures, click on Attachments and other Options. This will open up Choose file. Click on it. I then use the Moments file because it puts the photo that you just resized as the last photo. Select the photo, and then click on the insert attachment. If you are going to add another photo, you must use the hive more attachments button.

You can also crop the photo with this tool.
Jim

I must be doing something wrong... I got the app you  Suggested..  All I can do is see the pictures.. I do have an android phone if that makes any difference..

BEE HAPPY  Jim 134  :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2021, 08:57:00 am »
Jim,
I do not have an android phone so I cannot say for sure but I believe it is supposed to work on them. Maybe someone with an android could check it out and let us know.
Jim Altmiller
Ben Franklin

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2021, 06:33:47 am »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2021, 07:07:34 pm »

Jim134
Referring to the topic you started: "How do you post pictures on this form or videos ?" Your reply Number 3:

Thought the picture that you posted was small when clicking your provided link, once the picture itself was clicked on, it came out fine in full size.

Phillip

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2021, 10:42:42 pm »
    I belong to a couple of different services... That used to let me post... One was www.photobucket.com... The  Other one was tiny pictures.. I'm sorry I can't remember the last one... These were free programs... You can store about 250 pictures... For free... Now why has happen.  Photo bucket bought up everyone.. How all my pictures Are.. Now (have like about 600  Pictures ) one service... The account has been locked... Yes I can get unlocked but like about $6 per ..month.. Yes you can still store 200 pictures on photo bucket.. For free.... In my opinion photograph it was the easiest one to use.... If you were going to share photos on any kind of form... Looks like I'm going to have to buy an
introduction. Subscription to  To get my photos back..

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
        Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline jimineycricket

• House Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2022, 04:22:55 pm »
Jim;  Did you get Resize to work on your Android phone yet? 
          Have a go at this:  Open the Resize It app.  Click on Gallery.  Select your photo under "photos" or wherever it is stored.  Blue screen comes up with no photo, but you will have the size in pixels and storage amount.  Click on the black square at the top.  You will get a screen that will allow you to change the size either by percentage or by giving specific width and height.  On a 1.5 MB image, I need to choose custom and input 8%.  Okay?  And then you will get a screen with your image which shows you the size and also  will allow you to either replace or save the image. Different size images you will need to use different percentages to get this below 200 KB, which it must be or BeeMaster won't accept it.
    jimmy

jimmy

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2022, 08:45:39 pm »
Jim;  Did you get Resize to work on your Android phone yet? 
          Have a go at this:  Open the Resize It app.  Click on Gallery.  Select your photo under "photos" or wherever it is stored.  Blue screen comes up with no photo, but you will have the size in pixels and storage amount.  Click on the black square at the top.  You will get a screen that will allow you to change the size either by percentage or by giving specific width and height.  On a 1.5 MB image, I need to choose custom and input 8%.  Okay?  And then you will get a screen with your image which shows you the size and also  will allow you to either replace or save the image. Different size images you will need to use different percentages to get this below 200 KB, which it must be or BeeMaster won't accept it.
    jimmy

jimmy
     Thank You, For your help... I will have to try that on Saturday or Sunday... No time today..

BEE HAPPY Jim134   :smile:
        Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline NigelP

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2022, 08:50:36 am »
If you are using windows on your computer click on your image you want to resize. It should open in the windows picture viewer.. Click on the three horizontal dots ... (top right) and select the resize option. Select small (thumbnail's etc) and rename your small file and you are good to go.

Offline Bill Murray

• House Bee
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2022, 06:20:01 pm »
Thanks Nigel, this was the only way I got this to work. My daughter uses her phone but mine is a flip type.