Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What's happening with coffee house entry?  (Read 5099 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
What's happening with coffee house entry?
« on: April 26, 2018, 12:22:24 pm »
Four times I've tried to open the thread started by Salvo titled something like anarcho tyrrany.  Each time, by the time it finishes loading, it shuts down the Beemaster site on my iPad.  Is there something about that thread that's doing it?  Am I the only one this happens to?  No other thread is doing it to me.

Well, now I see that all the "new posts" link have been erased, as well.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: What's happening with coffee house entry?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2018, 01:46:59 pm »
mine seems OK.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2018, 03:17:53 pm »
It keeps doing it on mine.  About 3 times since my OP.  VERY STRANGE.  I see othere have replied to it, so it must just be my iPad doesn't like anarchy or something and is rebelling.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 05:32:24 pm »
Just saying about Icrap.  While you didn't ask for it updates occur and then your WiFi goes beserk.  If your Icrap phone is working then you have to put that in airplane mode and reboot your WiFi.  The Icrap pad will then connect to your WiFi or you will have to select it and reconnect.  Microsoft has some of the same issues with updates you didn't ask for.  I think they are blaming it on Homeland.
Actually Microsoft is worse.  They have taken it upon themselves to obsolete disk drives.  They are not going to support them anymore.  So they give me an update that makes my disk drives not functional anymore.  That's right my disc drives that I paid for are now useless.  So how do I play all the movies I made on DVD disc?  That is what I want to know.  I can't even read the dang things to copy them to thumb drives.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 06:32:57 pm »
That's one reason why I have one PC that is not connected to the internet (and won't ever be).   

When it dies, I'll use a Mac that's not connected.  Wife asks, "Why do you keep that thing?"

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 06:49:14 pm »
It works on my iPhone.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 09:21:02 pm »
That's one reason why I have one PC that is not connected to the internet (and won't ever be).   
I have one of those too.  The one that made all the DVD's.  Even Pinacle gave up on their old equipment and I can't get the computer to recognize the capture card anymore.
Is the day going to come when GM will just shut down the computer in your car after some time period?  It just doesn't seem right.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 09:28:41 pm »
It may not seem right, but that's the way "they" want it, so we have to live with it.  I'd as soon go back to the time when I controlled what took place in my little "world". We have so little control over what we are able to see or hear today that I'm discouraged about the future.  Our children and grandchildren have no idea what is really going on in the world.  I read publications from around the world.  They get " news" from television.  They "know" what little somebody in NYC or LA wants them to know.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2018, 09:41:20 pm by Dallasbeek »

anything