Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Laptop/windows 10 issue  (Read 4432 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Laptop/windows 10 issue
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:53:46 pm »
I have a Gateway laptop that is a few years old.  It was running windows 7 pro and when 10 came out I switched to try it before switching anything else.  It was running fine last I used it, which has been months.

Today I plugged in, powered up, and it just cycled through the Gateway screen.  Could not enter setup, or even turn it off.  Had to pull the battery.

So...I know I have heard about this issue before, but can't seem to find a solution online that fits.

any ideas??
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Laptop/windows 10 issue
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 06:27:31 pm »
Pulling the battery seems to have done the trick.  I'll leave this in case it happens to someone else.  I did leave out battery off for a while. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Laptop/windows 10 issue
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 08:29:32 pm »
any ideas??
LMAO  The apple solution is to buy a new device when they control your device.  This is supported by Trump so just succumb to the gods and buy a new computer.  From windows 10 on you do not control the device.  It is a new government.  Just play stupid and do what they want.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it