Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Tapatalk forum access with iphone  (Read 17033 times)

Offline Kevboab

• New Bee
Tapatalk forum access with iphone
« on: October 16, 2011, 06:40:20 am »
Anybody know why I can no longer access forum using Tapatalk. Keep getting error message saying forum is restricting access from Tapatalk or installed plugin is not working, please contact forum administrator.

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
Re: Tapatalk forum access with iphone
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 07:46:46 am »
Hi!

We have unfortunately had some problems lately.  We had a very old version of the tapatalk software on the server which needed an upgrade.  This upgrade didn't go too well.  Robo have tried a couple of things to make it work but it didn't fix things so far.  He has a lot of things on his hands with all the server software, but it is not forgotten.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline Kevboab

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 05:42:03 am »
Look forward to you guys getting it fixed.

Thanks

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 01:02:05 pm »
Issue has been resolved.  Sorry for the long delay.  Should be working again.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline BabcockFarms

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 09:33:44 pm »
Thanks again, it is working GREAT!
Ron Babcock

"I believe the good that men do, will live long after they gone."
                                                                                                                          ~Mr. Fox Haas

<

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2012, 04:35:08 pm »
Just downloaded Tapatalk for my Ipod touch and it is very slick. I like it. The best part is the categorizing of topics which allows you to quickly find forums on any topics that interest you.

I'll be playingwith this a lot I am sure.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
  • I like doing cut-outs, but I love catching swarms!
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2012, 09:00:33 pm »
I'm on Taptalk now. Glad to use it again Bossman!

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

My website JPthebeeman.com http://jpthebeeman.com

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2012, 09:50:35 pm »
JP:

I was talking to Ken a while ago, he bought TWO Ipod Touches :)

He already has the Ventrilo app installed and sounds great, that is a big reason I bought it for mine - I know the Ipod mic is superior to my USB mic in every way, Uncle Bud says it sounds just like me instead of the tinny sound the desktop mic had.

The "Ventrode" app lacks text chatting and you don't get sounds when people come and leave the rooms, but otherwise it is simple to use and a breeze to set up.

You see the Front Facing Camera pic I took of myself today at work above and that is the low depth cam, the 720p rear facing is equal to the Flip Cam and is soooo easy to upload to Youtube and others. I'll be using it exclusively at Bud4 and leaving the laptop at home.

I was reminded today too (when I took my touch out of the leather flip-top case I have it in) how thin it really is, I am amazed at the size and weight and I'll never get use to the amazing things it can do.

So, I'll be curious if Ken gets the Tapatalk, it sure makes reading the forum feel more like a RSS feed newspaper than a webpage, having no need to resize pays for the app alone!!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2012, 11:38:02 pm »
You gonna get in character this yr right Boss?  :-D

...JP
My Youtube page is titled JPthebeeman with hundreds of educational & entertaining videos.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2012, 12:51:21 am »
I locked up after writing long reply using Tapatalk ugh. Just said the  Redneck Yankee will be coming and i have several good video apps that upload automatically to Youtube as soon as i get a signal so expect some short news and political views coming.

I like i can do then at work and upload then at either of my two hotspots where i talk to Bud and Ken as i make rounds.

I am tickled about doing this and there is plenty material these days.

YOU TAKE THAT TO THE BANK !!

Offline JP

• The Swarm King
  • Universal Bee
    • JPthebeeman.com
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2012, 10:16:18 am »
Ha ha, the Yankee Redneck is back!!!!!!  :-D

...JP

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, 06:17:13 pm »
I just downloaded the tapatalk and so far I'm really liking it. it is much nicer for forums than the browsers I've tried so far.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2012, 08:35:51 pm »
click around some too ken, the features aren't always in your face but it is a powerful app and great for finding other forums of interest too.

Admin wise, it really does great and trying to see the forum using a browser instead of tapatalk is frustrating at least.

The cool thing of taking photos or adding them from your camera roll is so easy too - that is a very handy feature.

Offline gailmo

• House Bee
Re: Tapatalk on sale today...
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2012, 07:48:51 pm »
I found this on another forum today....not sure if it is a great deal or if they lowered the price....

but---Tapatalk for iOS devices - $0.99 instead of the regular $2.99.  They posted that it was "on sale" today...so don't know what tomorrow's price will be!

But it got me to bite...downloaded it and will see how it works tonight!

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 12:32:28 pm »
Not sure where you found it on sale, but there are many sale sites for the iDevices - I exclusively use APPS FIRE a wonderfully laid out app that hosts about 100 apps that are FREE for at least that day or for a weekend (all holidays have majors free apps available)

Right now I have 482 apps in my iPod (64gig gen4 model) and all are organized in 4 pages of folders, I can find any app in 2 clicks. Total of apps I've paid for is about $30 - all the rest I got when the were free.

NOTE - they also have REDUCED PRICE APPS but I tend to not look at them. So I may have missed Tapatalk.

Also, the 482 apps take up 26gig (that also counts 400 songs, 80+ podcasts, etc. I am sooooo pleased I got the 64 gig model because I may never run out of room and the iPod touch is the best tool I have ever had.

Search APPS FIRE and try it out. you will get the greatest tools and games you have every seen for free or unreal reduced prices.