Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Scientific answer to Out of Body Experiences  (Read 8616 times)

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
Scientific answer to Out of Body Experiences
« on: February 04, 2005, 02:19:48 pm »
Out of Body Experience
Scientific Reasoning for Separating the Conscience and Body

I've been a long time writing this section of my web site, just ask friends who have asked me for months and even years to create a section on Out of Body Experience ( OBE ). I've been a bit reluctant, only because of the skepticism of the general public on such seemingly paranormal activity. But recent events have brought the scientific community to the forefront of this interesting topic – so I thought it time to share my thoughts and a few years of study and journeyman theories.

Let's do a little background to let you know where I come from in these topics and how I believe that several seemingly unrelated events have solid and now proven connections. Before I detail my own experiences though, I’ll let you know my own beliefs briefly and then in detail try to communicate my beliefs coherently to you.

I have done TaiChi exercises for nearly ten years and I have also experiences OBE or as some people call it astral projection. I’ll detail what both of these are for the uninformed and do my best to explain there is no black magic, hocus pocus, voodoo, witchcraft or oxygen starvation required to experience out of body events. More accurately, it is a natural even that involves the conscience part of our being – notice I stay away from the word Spirit, it just have Religious or ghostly overtones and turns a logical scientific discussion into a parlor trick. Again, I'm going to explain this in detail and I trust you will look at this with an open mind.

OBE is a natural event that statistically has happened to about 80% of all humans according to William Buhlman the leading author of this natural phenomenon. Often though it is chalked off as a nightmare or forgotten by the experiencer and has even been a commonly confused event by many as UFO ABDUCTION. OBE has specific notable effects when experienced. The trained observer can not only recognize the OBE onslaught, but also control the experience and aid it to a higher level of experience.

So what is OBE and why do you say it's so natural an event? Let me explain what happened to me and what lead up to my studying this OBE over many years. I’ll list the signs of an OBE onslaught soon, but here is my first experiences and what my own early observations were. Note: the first few times I was very frightened, mainly because I had no clue what was happening to me. The signs are fairly unnatural to us because we tend to rarely if ever experience them. I hope in the next paragraph that some of the events I experienced rings a bell in your mind – if so, you may too be enlightened to a natural event that humans can not only experience, but also control to a degree.

About ten or so years ago, I was sleepy but having trouble actually falling off to sleep. Now, I tend to work a swing shift and I almost always sleep using earplugs because much of my sleep time is in the day time hours when the rest of the world is awake. This particular night, as I lay there drifting off, I recall feeling a sensation of distant talking, chatter among people who had low and unintelligent banter far off in the distance. With my earplugs in, this could have easily been neighbors talking a little loud, just breaching the threshold of my dampered hearing.

Then as I continued to lay their I felt and heard vibration like sounds that I can say felt to my body similar to traffic driving by as you sat in your car just off the road. A whooshing kind of feeling as if you are slightly moved by the speeding vehicles. The sound accompanied the whooshing and the vibrations became stronger and louder and more importantly, closer together and longer in duration. After a short while I met what I can only call now a threshold or peak in the vibration and then sudden stillness and ultimate quite.

I had conscience awareness that I was awake and not sleeping or dreaming as this quiet seemed to be overtaken with a feeling of rising and falling similar to a hilly road or a kiddy Roller coaster ride. This first event seemed to be relaxing at this point and I cant honestly say how long the event of weightlessness or detachment lasted. But the following was the scary part, a real shocker that haunted me for many weeks.

Something caught my attention and I quickly, literally instantaneously I snapped back into my body, but as I tried to move or sit up, I found myself totally paralyzed and unable to move a single muscle – although fully alert and making a strong effort to move anything. This paralysis lasted for nearly half a minute and I was scared nearly to death.

I was less aware this first experience of the “conscience part” of me ( the electrical part of my brain and all that makes Beemaster human, OTHER than the physical body itself) detaching from the restraints of the physical body – I remembered the horror of paralysis of reattaching and regaining control of the body by the consciousness.

Over the following months I experienced this same phenomenon several times, each leaving me perplexed. Some of these early events though had very interesting and memorable ventures that I can now recall in better detail as I type this section. Although it became a welcomed event whenever I felt this unknown experience coming on, I was still frightened by the inevitable final stage of reattachment – a scary 30 or so seconds that still left me puzzled and cautious.

Then one evening while listening to the Art Bell radio program over the Internet at work, I sat paying only half attention to his guest, when the guest William Buhlman suddenly mentioned a paralysis and vibrator state of being. My attention moved directly to the speakers and within an hour, all my questions had been answered. I couldn't wait until this radio program became archived so that I cold listen again, this time from the beginning.

I’ll recap now some of what I learned from William Buhlman that night.

OBE is a nature occurrence and has been recorded throughout history. In Biblical times and throughout the middle ages, people who had understanding of OBE often had places of importance in the church and the government. Often, these people were considered clerics or wizards of sorts, to use a few terms. But basically, they were scientists studying something that no one else seemed to have any knowledge about. Today finally, there is proof that a part of the brain is responsible for the locking of the conscience and physical bodies together. More on that discovery later.

William Buhlman describes
the following events leading up to an OBE.

* The person most often needs to be in a relaxed, near sleep or meditative state – like TaiChi or other meditation exercises.
    * The OBE can occur if 1) the body is fully relaxed or 2) if you are physically doing something that doesn't require much involvement of the conscience – dance moves  over rehearsed and over, taichi moves, long distant running or meditative repetitive exercising like walking or swimming. The trick here is to keep the body so involved in doing it's thing that the conscience can literally do something fully independent because the body doesn't want to be told what to do.

Once the body is in either of the above states, the conscience can begin its separation process. This has distinct symptoms that have been noted for centuries

Sounds, often music or voices can be heard in the distance. Many people hear the voices of relatives who have passed on – note: I said this is a natural even, NOT supernatural – the voices or music are created by the brain, not pulled out of the grave or some beyond world.

·        Vibrations are heard and felt, often extremely powerful waves of motions surge through the body. This is a symptom of the conscience shutting down the communication with the physical body. Basically the conscience letting the body coast on its own. Don't think this to be far fetched, you and I breathe and blink and our hearts beat all the time without having to think about it – so to have our conscience allow all those things to snap into auto-pilot isn't too hard of a change. What is a change is the communication with the muscles. The paralysis that will be covered is really just the conscience mind discontinuing control of the muscle structure. Now I also said that you can have OBE while walking or jogging, TaiChi, running ( mostly annotated in the book “The loneliness of the Long Distance Runner” ) where the author mentioned leaving his body and watching himself run as if from a chase car. Thrust me folks – it is all the same experience, it is natural as can be.

·        Separation. I like to call this the VELCRO STEP, because it often feels like you are tearing a body shaped sheet of Velcro from you skin – not an unpleasant feeling, just a static cling kind of feeling if you pulled a sheet out of the clothes dryer and it clung to you and you then pulled it free.. This separation state is the final stage of the first part of OBE – leaving the physical body behind. Whether you are motionless in a bed or meditative stance, or walking along a root that you have walked a million times – separation occurs when you feel detached from the physical body.

A huge difference in whether you are mobile or immobile is whether you experience the noises and vibration. It is the person in the prone position who best feels the effects of the separation and more importantly experiences the Paralysis that follows reattachment. People on the go can separate without ever experience the vibration or paralysis, but they still feel the peace of mind that follows the OBE adventure.

Back to my own experiences for a few minutes. After understanding what was happening and that there was nothing unnatural or physically harming going on, I then began to attempt to cause the OBE, not just experience it at random. In Buhlman's book Adventures Beyond the Body, he explains simple techniques to assist in provoking OBEs. Having the right frame of mind and willingness to look for the subtle signs play a huge factor in the ability to increase the events you will have. I can recall about 50 or so failed attempts where I came close to separation, but never getting beyond the vibration state – but I also have several success stories to share. What was the difference between success and failure is hard to pinpoint. How close to sleep I was, how tire I was, how anxious I was all played a part in my own successes and failure.

I will say though that anytime you at least reach the vibration stage is a positive step in the right direction. It reinforces your own belief that this is a natural event, and that like any learned skill, it needs to be practiced. I suggest that you get Buhlman's book from a library or at least find all you can on the Internet concerning OBE to better understand this topic. But for now, let me share a few of my own experiences.

My most common experience is flying; sometimes it is just around in random circles like fireworks haphazardly jetting through the sky. Other times it is more controlled like a small remote controlled airplane, diving and climbing, turning left and right on command. In the flying cases I assume that it often is relative again to how close to sleep you are and how relaxed you are too. If you are extremely relaxed and comfortable with the paralyzed state, then you can better control the flying around because you are putting all you conscience effort into the OBE. If you are so relaxed that you are drifting into a dream state than most likely you will have less control as your brain only sends flashes of signals to the OBE and the rest used to enter the dream states.

Two interesting evens stand out. The first I laid in bed and went through all stages up to separation and the normal peaceful feeling filled me and within a few seconds I found myself laying on the floor in the kitchen, looking into the face of one of my cats at eye level with the cat. She looked back at me with no sign or surprise or fear in her eyes and I briefly looked around before snapping back into my body. The paralysis state was short, mainly because the time of separation was short. I have definitely noticed also that as I experience more and more OBEs that the time needed to regain control of my body has decreased. I think of that as my conscience also learning a new skill and getting better at it each time.

The second very memorable event was that I had found myself sitting at the kitchen table and around the corner from the living room walked my Father. This happened about 3 months after he passed away in 1998. I remember him saying something, actually I remember hearing his voice, but I can not recall what it is he said. In a minute I'm going to mention the latest scientific discoveries that pull all these mysterious events together and show how natural they all are.

SCIENCE MAKES
A MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH IN OBE

On October 14th, 2002 I Was driving home from the supermarket and heard in the news on WOR-AM 710 in New York City, NY that a woman ( under local anesthesia ) who was receiving brain surgery told the doctors that she could see herself as if floating from above the table. Note: this lady was facing DOWNWARD and her skull was cut open to expose a section of the brain called the Angular Gyrus which is NOW the focal point of OBE and NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE STUDY.

She told the doctors, technicians and nurses in some very shocking detail what was happening as they sent small electrical signals to that area of her brain. The doctors were astounded, because there is little knowledge of what this area is used for and normally it isn't approached in a waking state so that the patient can offer feedback.

I then searched the Internet for a deeper coverage of this event and found several news articles at MSNBC and at CNN. They offered some additional insight to the brain area and also mentioned what it is thought that the Gyrus actually does. It was mentioned that the Gyrus takes issues of balance and motion and creates the information in a pattern that the brain can rationalize. More deeply it is thought to be the location in the brain where self conscienceness – or better put the person's own prospective in relationship to all else in it's surroundings. Simply put, the Gyrus basically keeps all your physical parts in their prospective so that you don't think a doorknob or fork are part of your own body. Basically, it distinguishes YOU from everything else!

Wow, is that an interesting discovery! Why??? Well, lets take it deeper. I'm gonna paraphrase like nobody's business here, but I hope you'll follow my thinking. The Gyrus uses movement and special recognition to hold you in your body! That's a strong statement. If you couldn't detect your own physical boundaries – lets say NOT know the difference between you hands and the steering wheel of your car, then theoretically your hands can become the steering wheel of your car – and YES that is exactly what it does. Whether you are driving a car, flying a fighter jet, playing a video game or a musical instrument, your brain EXTENDS your hands or feet BEYOND the flesh and you BECOME part of the object. This happens about a million times a day; we pick up a pencil or paint brush or fork or hammer and with little thought ( especially after using the implement it becomes second nature to us ) we effortlessly interact as if it were our own hands doing the work.

This is the job of the Gyrus. To differentiate objects that are 1) us only 2) objects we can interact with and control 3) differentiate us from other objects to keep us positioned in SPATIAL REALITY 4) give us a sense of gravity. Now, the forth object I'm mentioning for the first time. But science says that our balance and gravity are decrypted and interpreted by the Gyrus – giving us our ability to function without feeling detached from our bodies, or lets say keeping us anchored to our physical location – wow!!!

I hope you are starting to get the connections. In the Gyrus we have this powerful interpreter ability to put all this stuff together. Associate what is us from what is not, interact with objects that are not part of us as if they are extensions of us, keep our conscience view within the restraints of our physical body and lastly keep us anchored in through balance and gravity. Put all these things together and then think what would happen if you could manipulate the Gyrus either purposefully or through natural periods where the Gyrus either malfunctions or rests. It's easy for me to see that OBE can be a DIRECT and OBVIOUS effect of any misfiring of the Gyrus.

There is another area of the brain, also to the rear called the Ponds area. The Ponds is responsible for special distancing, actually very different from the Gyrus. The ponds keeps all the 3D information straight in your head. How far from a wall you are standing, calculating the distance between point A and point B, things as simple as reaching for a cup of coffee. If the ponds misfires, you could reach for that coffee and have no clue it is 20 feet away. So even though the Gyrus and Ponds work with reality of objects in relationship to the persons placement, they do two very distinct things. The Gyrus though does several things and this is what makes it a prime candidate for OBE adventures.

A FASCINATION OBSERVATION
ABOUT THE ANGULAR GYRUS

In the article as MSNBC the doctor observed that the Gyrus takes the information it receives when working properly and fastens ( his word NOT mine ) the conscience to the physical body. If altered through small electrical currents ( we can all change our brain wave activity from Alpha to Beta activity – more coming ) the Gyrus can be unlocked from the body and allowed to leave and visualize objects remotely. Remove viewing is another word for OBE in most technical papers. Remote viewing is something our government and most foreign governments ( especially the Soviet Union ) have spent millions of dollars and decades trying to master. During the cold war, the Soviets chemically tried to separate the conscience to have the remote viewing spies go deep inside the Pentagon to find out US secrets. This isn't science fiction either, many books have been written and many studies still occur today. With this latest information on the Gyrus coming out, I can image the leap forward in remote viewing studies that will spring up.

PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
AN EYE OPENING EXPERIENCE

So as I mentioned at the top of this section, there isn't any hocus pocus involved in OBE. It's just a science that isn't fully understood yet. Experts in the field of OBE claim that OBE travelers ( as the tend to call us ) are NOT limited to time or space, rather they can travel effortlessly into the past, present or future and to the furthest points of the Universe. I'm not sure how much of that I actually believe. I mentioned seeing my dad after he passed, but I tend to think that it was just a brain induced vision that occurred during an OBE adventure. Could OBE stretch beyond time and space? I'm a realist and my own gut feeling tells me that if these boundaries can be broke, than it is through OBEs that we can brake them. Better using the untapped reaches of the mind to cruise through space and time, than waiting around for a warp drive time machine like in Start Trek or the book Contact.

All I know is OBE is real, not a fictional creation, but something that has made major breakthroughs in the last few months. It has been the study of governments for decades and written about since the mans beginning. Just a few years ago, us skeptical people in the West laughed at acupuncture and natural Holistic methods of healing – but today they are accepted ways to treat and even cure serious health problems. I've stayed away from any spiritual issues here. I have my own and to keep it generic, as not to offend anyone – I think that God gave us everything we need on this planet and just enough wisdom to always be curious. In time science will understand all the great mysteries, look at DNA and the miracle of electronics. All the fixings have always been here; it's just a matter of when we get the right combinations in the bowl that matters. I think human knowledge is a time released pill – it's meant to be absorbed slowly and NOT chewed up in one bite.

Balance and the Gyrus

I find it very interesting when reviewing my own observations over the years. The main observation involved the use of earplugs and the number of OBEs. I mentioned earlier that I always where earplugs while sleeping in the day time hours and I noticed many different OBE symptoms occurred while these plugs were in. I can remember getting up to use the bathroom  and feel the buzzing and whooshing of the vibration stage as I maneuvered, still in a half sleep around the house. Similar near OBE events could be felt as I tossed or turned and each time I can remember an IMBALANCE in my ears which might be partly do to the earplugs.

Later I experimented using the earplugs to do Tai-Chi exercises, to see if I could duplicate the physical feelings that I experienced during the near sleep events and several times I was able to increase the flow of conscience energy outside my body while doing Tai-Chi. There is no doubt in my mind that balance and the Angular Gyrus are indeed connected to the OBE. What will be interesting is what the future of OBE will be NOW that the Governments of the world ( both good and evil ) know it is the gateway to OBE, Astral Projection and most importantly in the spy community Remote Viewing! By triggering the Angular Gyrus through electrical stimulation or chemical process, all the money previously spent trying to create an army of Remote Viewer will paled by the secret dollars allocated in the future. This is real stuff, trying to get into the meetings of your enemy has been the goal of every warring nation since the beginning of time - imagine now if all you need are some specialized agents who only need to lay down and be injected with a few drugs or zapped with a millivote of current into their brains. The future would look very different, especially if the long held belief that OBE is NOT governed by time as the physical body is.

I tend to think the time travel part of OBE is a creation of the Angular Gyrus - just like a dream. I cant imagine people zipping in and out of history without changing the world as we know it a million times a day. Of course, if the world was changed over and over, none of us would know the difference any how. We assume time to be a straight line from the day we are born to the day we die and anything we experience during that time flows according to our experiences. But if events are altered through time travel, it seems logical that we'd be "PLOPPED" into any situation and the NEW PAST would be recalled equally as vivid as the old.

This was covered very well in a book/movie called the LATHE of HEAVEN involving the main character named George Ore who had the ability to change the world completely just by dreaming changes. Only George could tell the difference, everyone else just assumed everything was as it had always been. In one active week he had a handful of major changes to the planet, entire continents of people disappeared, volcanos sprung out in the middle of major cities, etc.. He couldn't convince anyone that he had created this through his own lucid dreaming. Finally George went to a psychiatrist who actually saw the changes that George was doing and this Doctor began scripting George into creating the doctor's perfect idea of what the world should be like. I'll leave it there, but it was an interesting theory and not a bad low budget film that is only showed on Public TV during fund raisers these days.

I guess if time travel is part of OBE, then none of us would ever know the difference. You and I could all be sitting here reading this in German and Hitler celebrating his 100th birthday and all would seem fine. So cross your fingers and hope the power of Remote Viewing, OBE and other events controlled in the Angular Gyrus are limited - or at least under the control of a far more powerful force than Man!

Putting it all together - Trying to initiate or increase - your own OBE adventures

There are many great articles on this topic. I'll quote some links very soon here and let you read all about this in much greater detail. All I know is that the right frame of mind and a willingness to experience adventures beyond the physical greatly increases your chances to experience OBEs. I make a real effort almost every evening and at least a few times a week I make it to at least the vibration stage. What stops me from going beyond that is often my own interference with the natural process into the next stage which is paralyses and separation.

Honestly, if it weren't for the mindful interruption that I interject into the process, I think I would separate much more often - but I find myself thinking aloud, "Ok, there's the vibration and the humming and all I need to do is let it happen." but it's these conscience thoughts that prevent the natural separation from occurring. I will say that at times the vibrations and buzzing can be intense, bordering painful - similar to trying to stand still at the road's edge knowing a speeding tractor trailer is going to scream past you within inches of your face.

The vibrations tend to start low, hardly noticeable. At the same time, your breathing is rhythmic, taking air in and exhausting it loudly through the nose. I'm not sure why this is, but it is an observation of the process. But as the vibration and buzzing rolls in, like the tides onto the beach - actually a very good comparison, you eventually get swallowed up by the buzzing tide and swept away into the separation stage.

I suggest laying quietly, thinking about a remote spot that you know in great detail. A different room or location that would be quiet at the same time you are trying to achieve OBE. This being that I have a mental road-block when it comes to envisioning a place that could be occupied. For example, I cant imagine a chair at work, because at any given time around the clock someone might be sitting in that chair. But I can imagine my car seat which I know is empty. I've always been taught in science that two objects can not occupy the same space simultaneously, so I mentally prevent myself from separation if I even remotely think anyone could be where I want to go.

Given that, choose a spot you know well. Lay quietly, near sleep and imagine either being there or even better imagine effortlessly flying there, through buildings, trees, anything that could get in your way normally.  An active imagination is a great tool to induce OBE. Following a route you'd normally travel to a special spot, but at lightning speed is a great way to get a feeling for the freedom of OBE.

Relax, control your breathing, listen closely for humming or voices and pay attention for minute vibrations or tingling in your ears or skin. As the vibrations come, expect them to slowly build and even get intense to the point where they are overwhelming and them sudden and utter quiet - you have achieved separation, but it is unlikely you will have control of what you experience. But once you are out of the body, floating, flying, weightlessness and rapid spinning and swirling are all likely. Back in the physical world though, your body is paralyzed because the conscience being  which has always controlled everything ( except reflex actions ) is away from the body. With out the conscience being your body has no input and remains motionless. This was the scariest part of my own OBEs until I heard William Buhlman's explanation.

OBEs can last seconds or minutes and I've read even much longer. In reality, it's really hard to tell how long these events last. But eventually you will SNAP back into the body and even after reconnection has occurred, it takes a while for the conscience time to regain control over the physical body. Be prepared to lay there literally feeling as if you are tied down by duct tape from head to toe. You'll struggle to lift your head or arms but until that communication link is re-established, you are powerless. All this is normal and the hub of this is in the Angular Gyrus. If you think of the Angular Gyrus as a orchestral conductor and your conscience as the sheet music and your body as the musicians, you can see that all three can exist at the same time, but although the sheet music has all the music written and all the musicians are capable of playing - it's not until the conductor puts the two together that both function as designed.

Intelligent Life
The Next Step of Human Evolution

Very likely if there is life out there in space, and if it is greatly evolved beyond our own current status - then it probably has gone beyond its body. The idea of warp drive or worm holes used to travel great distances is fantastic and I imagine probable, but traveling using remote viewing seems like a logical approach for an advanced society. Imagine if UFO ABDUCTIONS were actually remote OBE abductions - Aliens capable of capturing our conscience beings, running back home a few million light years and returning us in time for breakfast. Many UFO abductees claim to have paralyses after the abduction is over. The majority of abductees claim to be taken from their beds and returned to the same spot, left there paralyzed until their captors escape.

I say that the abductions could be MISUNDERSTOOD OBEs that the person is experiencing, but could ALIEN ABDUCTIONS be done in the same manor?  I honestly believe that the next evolutionary step that man takes will be a conscience progression, not necessarily a physical change as we have seen through the different stages of man from a quad to a bipedal creature.  Eventually our minds have to develop and use that extra space it is said to have sitting around doing nothing. OBE is the ultimate use of the brain, maybe even the only true definition of using the brain. The physical restraints of the body is the main limitor for our progression. If we master the use of dividing ourselves into the two known parts, the physical being and the conscience being, then we may learn that their are other parts that exist and all of a sudden we would understand physic abilities, clairvoyance, telepathy, remote and inner healing and so on.

Imagine the possibilities when dealing with severe pain cases if the doctors are able to remove the person from their bodily restraints, but still keep them alert and awake and pain free in a conscience existence until the physical body finally fails. All of us have had a loved one suffer or are suffering ourselves. Imagine the day soon when medications can not only prevent pain, but sharpen our senses and awaken our minds beyond its physical shell. Great steps have occurred recently and now the possibilities are promising. Mankind can spare the dying by assisting their transition beyond the body.

Last words
Thoughts To Ponder Until Next Time

Dying is the ultimate Out of Body Experience. It releases the conscience mind to rejoin the universal energy. To many this is a religious view to others it is science. It is interesting though that the word "Science" is in the word Conscience - just a thought. No doubt it is all connected. We are more than $4.50 worth of raw materials, no one argues that point. We all seem to agree that humans are either good or evil in nature and we all agree that when we die our bodies rot away to dust. Beyond that billions of people have formed a few hundred basic ideas of what happens to us after we die. The saddest has to be that we just don't exist any more. I cant believe that, it would be crushing to think that when my body dies, so does my conscience. I refuse to believe that.

I can only hope that all the philosophies and religions get their way. Is that possible, I think so. If our conscience is joined to out physical body for our life time, then moves on to wherever it goes, then why cant it be pulled toward that energy it seeks. I honestly believe that whatever we want to move on, heaven, cosmic energy pools, whatever vision of afterlife is waiting for us, like giant communities of "like thinking" energies that we can dive into like a pool. Our conscience minds are powerful beings limited by our own physical abilities. Rarely does a mind come along that thinks outside the box - but a wondrous thing is happening now. Over the last decade, babies with seemingly limitless IQ are popping up around the world, these are the minds of the future. The next evolutionary step in human existence.

So I doubt that you or I will change the world, but accepting the idea that change is coming in the way we see ourselves will help us prepare for the next step. I wish I could say in my life time that we'll see remote galactic travel, but I would be be delighted to see pain eliminated while the patient is still fully clear of mind. No one wants to live with a body that is failing or with a clouded mind that creates its own prisons. But to live pain free and fully cognitive while the body fails is humane and transitional. We can all except death gracefully and the recent paradigm shift in the understanding of the Angular Gyrus is monumental.

Evolution is coming I believe. Technology is at a stand-still, most new technologies are developed in relationship to battle equipment necessary to come out alive at the end of a fight. It is amazing the imagery from space available to the public, I can only image what the government can see from space. But evolution happens to living creatures, not just technology and we have been around a long time with a major change in our physical appearance. Of course, we live longer, we are taller and sadly fatter as a species - but these are environmental changes, not developmental ones. Soon we will grow bigger brains, pop-out a new organ designed for better filtering the chemicals we are exposed to, other changes that will prove evolutionary theory.

But OBE is NOT necessarily a change in the body, but an understanding of the mind's ability beyond what we currently understand. Whether through advances in medicine or through conscience enlightenment, I think all open minded people are all headed for the next level. But through medication or procedure, everyone will have the opportunity to go beyond the body. I image that most people will see this as a spiritual adventure which either strengthens their belief in an afterlife or it introduces the person to a world beyond what they can actually feel, taste or smell. Seeing is NOT believing anymore: movies have aliens and dinosaurs running around interlaced with real people in such believable ways that we discount much of what we see. Magicians are able to fool the mind with time proven techniques that are rarely as complicated in reality as they appear in illusion.

So we return to our other senses with the hope that they won't fail us as our eyes have. We all know that certain medications are very capable of tricking the mind into almost anything - hopefully, OBE won't be compared to LSD trips or other mind altering drugs. It will be interesting to see how the naysayers take the evolution of conscience freedom. I do believe though that the next generation will better accept the concepts and the generation beyond them will know it "as if it has always been so" which is the case with all forms of human understanding. To those humans a century old and older, they have seen unimaginable growth in the world around them.

By sheer exposure they have accepted the technology around them and to most have used the technology in their daily life. Certain generations (the older baby boomers for example) are a stubborn bunch though - hi-tech items are a mystery to them which they have no interest in learning or using. But thankfully the latter generations have the desire to see what technologies spring onto the marketplace - they can't wait for the next MP3 player, Hi-Res TV or cell phone to hit the shelf, it is these humans that will accept the OBE adventuring. So I'm excited to be around at this point in history and although I may not be around when the technology becomes common-place, I do believe I will be here to experience some benefits of induced OBE. Until then, I'll leave it up to the random events or try occasionally to induce it using the simple methods mentioned earlier in this lengthy post. I hope this has been enlightening to some of you.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2005, 06:02:56 pm »
I like the thought of OBE. I have seen many ways to "preform" it but have never tried.
Ryan Horn

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 08:46:02 pm »
Ryan:

If you sat through and read my long-winded OBE article BRAVO!!! I can't think of many teens able to sit still that long especially to actually read something!!!!

It is an interesting thing to have happen to you - I hope you get to experience it sometime. It was very frieghtening to me because I had no clue what was happening, but once  I learned that ALL the symptoms were totally normal, then I began to explore and entertain OBEs.

I can't wait to see what the medical world finds out about it and even more importantly, what they are willing to share about their findings.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Horns Pure Honey

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 11:16:49 pm »
I dont really know which way to do it though, I guess I will just let it happen.
Ryan Horn

Offline latebee

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 11:47:11 pm »
John,
        If you find the the time I would be very interested in some of the links you were going to mention about OBE.Just for kicks and giggles at this time and frame of mind.
The person who walks in another's tracks leaves NO footprints.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2005, 11:27:19 am »
Latebee:

I'm at work now, but will post some links when I get on the home computer. I was just looking at the length of my original post - wow, I can't believe how long winded I tend to get.  :oops:

It is a really interesting topic, one that I try to look at from both science and religous views. Which is also how I like to think of the Bible being a metophore to teach us the unexplainable stuff - like OBE.

I do though believe that your belief in God is greatly increased when you have OBEs, if only because you learn that it IS possible to exist outside of the body, thus you are more than flesh. The conscience part of us is the important part, something that I believe will long out-last the flesh and bones of our existence.

Anyways.... I'll post some links, but just doing a search for OBE and Angular Gyrus will yeild many links that should keep you busy.

Offline Captain Beyond

• Brood
    • Imaginativeworlds
Re: Scientific answer to Out of Body Experiences
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2006, 02:59:51 pm »
Hi. I am new here and mainly for the paranormal topics. I will have much to say on the OBE topic as well as others, but gotta run for now.

Offline mick

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2006, 03:50:35 am »
Occasionally I have dreams where I fly. Seem to come in a burst, then nothing for years. I can fly like superman, anywhere, between buildings, twist and turn, enter rooms, look at people etc. I remember them for a day, then they are gone. Its almost like you are half awake, half asleep. I hear other people have these. They are tremendous fun, I reckon Im lucky to have them.

There are several well documented reports of people who, after being struck by lightning, have weird effects on electrical devices. TVs turn off, gagrage doors open, remote controls work without touching buttons.

This little brain we have is such a complicated electrical device, I doubt we will ever understand it fully.

Offline Brian D. Bray

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Galactic Bee
  • I really look like this, just ask Cindi.
    • http://spaces.msn.com/thecoonsden
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2006, 09:07:56 pm »
John,

You over look one thing in your OBE explanation that is often confused with OBE and that is dream assistance.  Dream Assitance experience (DAE) is the state where you relieve someone else's experience so closely that you think it is you having an OBE.  In DAE another person is asking our opinion how we would have or, in some cases how would we, handle a problem.  In DAE we help each other solve problems etc., while in a dream like or meditative state (often while still concious).  the communication between entities is so intense it seems real, yet all that is happening is that you are attuned so closely mentally  with someone else that you advise them as if "In this situation I would do this" so the actual identy of who is who can get confused. 

Much of OBE is actually DAE.   

The trick is learning the difference.  In DAE there is a tendency to attempt to complete the experience even while seperating from it.  It's kind of like saying "but I'm not done giving you my opinion or advise." 
We tend to think of DAE as OBE because the similarity is striking and because the idea of OBE is more exciting to our own ids than DAE.  DAE can also be identified with inter-racial, inter-language, and even trans-gender experiences.  If any of the cross over events are a part of the experience then the experience is DAE, not OBE.  I would suggest you look for other clues as to whether you are actually OBE or DAE during your excursions.  The difference doesn't deminish the experience, in fact the DAE is much more rewarding because you are attempting to give aid and nurture to a fellow human being.

I have often told people that an athiest is someone who has never had the opportunity to die and live to tell about it.  If you die and choose to return you know of the after life and of God.  Also, having a "Life after Life" experience gives you the ability to identify the difference between OBE and DAE if the person doesn't let their ego get in the way. 
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 07:40:03 am by Brian D. Bray »
Life is a school.  What have you learned?   :brian:      The greatest danger to our society is apathy, vote in every election!

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 11:57:51 pm »
John, well I said that I would respond to your rather lengthy account of OBE.  I honestly, and do not take any offence whatsover, I could not finish reading your post.  I admire the amount of time that you must have spent composing this, very dedicated.  I find that I have far too much on my mind that I don't want to have to bring more information into it, my mind is not that large, and to begin to even consider pondering the OBE is overwhelming.  I can't go there.  It is fascinating, delve deeper, it is something that you enjoy to research and I take my hat off to you.

Speaking of Art Bell, my sister who lives in a community about 1/2 hour from me works a graveyard shift (one could call it that), delivering some newspapers to organizations like 7-11, Macs, places like that.  She drives from about 10:00 PM to about 3:00 AM.  She ALWAYS listened to Art Bell.  I get the impression that she no longer does, perhaps he no longer has a program?  I don't know. But I never hear of her speak of him anymore, I know she told me some phenomenal things that had been discussed in this radio station at night that kept her such good company.  Have a great day, John. Cindi
There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline nepenthes

• Field Bee
  • Little honey bee in flight
    • Photo Album
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 07:10:30 pm »
To long for me to bother with.

read about 1/5th down and got bored, kinda interesting,I have these all the times it ain't nuttin.

but then again I see things too, shadows, movements in letters, just all sorts of little things, I also get all kinds of dejavu it was very frequent a few years ago... oh say a dozen times a day, but now I'm lucky if that happens in a week.

Oh yea I have those dreams where im laying down, and I cant move scream yell or any thing, and theirs a tall shaddow in the doorway, and about 1000 pounds on top of me.
"I have never wished to cater to the crowd, for what I know they do not approve, and what they approve I do not know." - Epicurus.