Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Some lady got lucky ...  (Read 6773 times)

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
Re: Some lady got lucky ...
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2017, 07:05:50 pm »
We know queens are not into selfhelp in getting a feed.
That definitely isn't true - a virgin queen will scoff honey on emergence, and I've seen mated queens eating candy inside mailing cages.

Yeah, an error in being concise, such brevity implies an absolute.
I have seen drones scoffing spilt  honey post frame workings on inspections.

So... IF drones are forming some variation of a Lodge meet 'n greet then;
a.) who does the catering?
This is precisely why I crossed swords with MB over the size of drones. He claims that small drones (say, from a Laying Worker) are equal or better than large-sized drones.  I say cobblers to that idea - the larger the drone, the more 'fuel' can be carried, with more time then spent 'on patrol'.

You're right in my book... calories+body mass+ work is not
 a straight line paradigm(word?)

b.) how do these guys get back home, accepting they "gather from miles around"?
c.) how does this hormone driven meandering (now) content queen find her way home, having supposedly travelled miles to the Lodge?
Bill, have you been peeking inside my computer ? 
(edit)
"
...not I said the fly ;-)
I gave up om my "leet haxor" attempts the day they threw LaSange into the Equadorian (sp?) embassy. Them Americans take life way too seriously in these things.. heh :-)

LJ

Cheers.

Bill

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2017, 07:08:23 pm »

[duplicate removed by Author]

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2017, 09:21:11 pm »
Bill the bees must have learned navigation from the monarch butterfly.  They fly 3000 miles from my back yard to Mexico and their young make it back.  They don't navigate like your wife does (she stops and asks where are we?).  Wind makes no difference.
On the topic of dropping her bikini you have to show her you can fix her toilet or unstop a drain then you are golden.  :wink:  Waiting around and hoping will never work.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2017, 11:44:47 pm »
Brian,
What is more amazing is that after the Monarch Butterfly flies from North America to Mexico the young return utilizing 3 generations of Monarchs to get back north. None of them have ever made the route and each generation knows which way it is going and how far it has to go.
And we think we are the smart ones.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2017, 06:55:04 am »
Bill the bees must have learned navigation from the monarch butterfly.  They fly 3000 miles from my back yard to Mexico and their young make it back.  They don't navigate like your wife does (she stops and asks where are we?).  Wind makes no difference.
On the topic of dropping her bikini you have to show her you can fix her toilet or unstop a drain then you are golden.  :wink:  Waiting around and hoping will never work.

Butterflies along with ducks/geese in migration are nomads, where they land is always a wonder.
In contrast the missus aint no wonder with her "we are going where exactly".. and when you get there, it's "the narrative beats the reality".

Free kloobie..?.. if ever you are in Brisbane (Qld.Aus) forget the tourist drive to Mt. Cootha, never took a woman there yet who appreciates the view.
Mind you... I never found no drain what needed "unstoppin'", like, at Mt.Cootha ;-)))

Cheers.

Bill

anything