Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: What Is The Value of Pollen in Your Area; In Your Part of The World?  (Read 929 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
For those of you who collect and sell pollen, or for those of you who just consume pollen, what are the going prices in your area, or Country?

Phillip
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
What Is The Value of Pollen in Your Area; In Your Part of The World?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 03:24:24 pm »
Dried.  Screened.  Cleaned of debris by good eyes and tiny vacuum tubes.  For human consumption. Sold by weight at 4 times the price of honey. 
For unprocessed raw pollen and screened fines, not for human, for animals. Sold by weight at 2x the price of honey.
Price is tied to honey.  Honey up, pollen up.  Honey down, pollen down.
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
Re: What Is The Value of Pollen in Your Area; In Your Part of The World?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2022, 04:21:53 pm »
Blue Ridge Honey Co. is selling 7 oz. of pollen for $10.95.  I've seen it a little cheaper from another company which I'm unfamiliar with at Wal-Mart. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2022, 01:52:00 pm »
The15thMember
Blue Ridge Honey Co. is selling 7 oz. of pollen for $10.95.

That puts it at about $25 per pound from that source in you area. I paid $20 per pound about 3 years ago from a local beekeeper in my area....

I have seen plenty of honey for sale at farmers markets but have never noticed pollen for sale at a farmers market, have any of you?

Phillip

« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 02:09:35 pm by Ben Framed »
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2022, 02:30:44 am »
For those of you who collect and sell pollen, or for those of you who just consume pollen, what are the going prices in your area, or Country?

Phillip

At  Farmers's markets and county fairs... 99% of time I was the only one selling pollen... I used to put my pollen into  Classic honey jar... I believe it's 4 oz in weight of pollen .. I sold one pound of honey or 4 oz of pollen for the same price.. At the time I left the USA it was $15..  If you'd like a location North central Massachusetts.. About 20 miles East of the Connecticut river...

BEE HAPPY  Jim134   :smile:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2022, 02:51:59 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/