Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: The Lethal Kangaroo???  (Read 317 times)

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
The Lethal Kangaroo???
« on: November 21, 2021, 08:42:04 pm »
Not knowing much about Australia I wonder; Is there an ounce of true here, or a complete Mick Dundee tall-tail?  :wink:

https://realibleworldnews.com/kangaroos-are-now-the-leading-cause-of-death-in-australia/?amp

How Exactly Do Kangaroos Kill People?

"Assault deaths come from the aggressive attacks kangaroos deliver to humans". "they are aggressive and have no regard for human life. Kangaroos even kidnap dogs from backyards. Kangaroo don't even eat dogs, they just fight them for sport. The worst part is that kangaroos are armed and dangerous. They have gnarly claws on the back of their feet. They lean back and intentionally kick in a way that will cause these claws to disemboweled anything they are fighting. Not only are they muscularly powerful, but these claws are guaranteed to instantly kill anything they hit."

"The water supply poisoning deaths come from a the kangaroo's nasty habit of dropping poisonous berries down wells. No one knows if this is intentional or not, but it sure seems like it at this point."

« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 09:15:09 pm by Ben Framed »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: The Lethal Kangaroo???
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2021, 08:42:34 pm »
For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

Offline The15thMember

• Super Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2021, 10:30:46 pm »
I may not be from Australia, but I really doubt several of those statements are true.  It is true that kangaroos can be dangerous when provoked, but they are not predators, and from what I've read and seen about kangaroos, they do not just attack people or other animals for no reason, much less "for sport".  I'm not even going to touch on the idea that they somehow kidnap dogs.  Keep in mind that dingoes are a natural enemy of the kangaroo, so they fear dogs and dog-like creatures.  Here is the Queensland Department of Environmental Sciences page on kangaroos and wallabies.     
https://environment.des.qld.gov.au/wildlife/animals/living-with/kangaroos
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline The15thMember

• Super Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2021, 12:35:33 pm »
Mr Kangaroo seemed to be stunned once he received the head jaring, right jab to the snot! lol;  Because of the dogs owner, he picked on the wrong dog, even though it was a 'Huge Great Dane'!  Thus, mr Rue decided in turn, to square off and challenge Mr dog owner. If he was looking for a fight, he got it! After the jab, Mr rues' 'bounce' seemed to leave him standing there stunned and speechless! lol
Good job and jab Mate from Down Under!!

« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 02:33:00 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut! phut!
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2021, 07:04:20 am »
Mr Kangaroo seemed to be stunned once he received the head jaring, right jab to the snot! lol;  Because of the dogs owner, he picked on the wrong dog, even though it was a 'Huge Great Dane'!  Thus, mr Rue decided in turn, to square off and challenge Mr dog owner. If he was looking for a fight, he got it! After the jab, Mr rues' 'bounce' seemed to leave him standing there stunned and speechless! lol
People are dying all over the world from Covid19, Europe is going back into lockdown.....oh wait a minute..........the Coffee House has a great discussion about "killer Kangaroos" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
What's good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2021, 07:58:32 am »
Cider,
Hence the name Coffee House. This is where we can talk about any subject we want.
Don?t you get enough room and gloom from the media?
The media tried to portray Florida as one of the worst states in the country for Covid numbers. We now have the lowest numbers in the country but you won?t see that in the media.
Jim Altmiller

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2021, 10:49:01 am »
Cider,
Hence the name Coffee House. This is where we can talk about any subject we want.
Don?t you get enough room and gloom from the media?
The media tried to portray Florida as one of the worst states in the country for Covid numbers. We now have the lowest numbers in the country but you won?t see that in the media.
Jim Altmiller
Jim
It's the Irony of it all.:cheesy:

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2021, 10:56:36 am »
People are dying all over the world from Covid19, Europe is going back into lockdown.....oh wait a minute..........the Coffee House has a great discussion about "killer Kangaroos" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

> People are dying all over the world from Covid19, Europe is going back into lockdown.....oh wait a minute..........the Coffee House has a great discussion about "killer Kangaroos" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: <

I wonder if I might be talking to one; (a kangaroo)?  :tongue:  :wink:  :cool:

Where have you been Skippy? I've missed you and Mr Thick Skin!  lol 😂

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 05:09:50 pm by Ben Framed »

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2021, 11:27:56 am »
Cider,

Thanks Jim, but really I do not fault Cider. He probably can not help it. This is just a guess, but he probably has had the mask on since this started, depriving him of much needed clear clean Oxygen, (much needed for the thought process), and I rather doubt the nurse has wheeled him past the veranda. This might have left his thought process stuck in Severe Covid Freight Syndrome?

Please take into consideration, this is only a guess. One can only speculate from the words he post along with the extent of urgency stressed in those words. However; I could be wrong.  :wink:

Just kidding, Love you Cider!. It?s nice having you back!

Benji

« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 11:55:25 am by Ben Framed »

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2021, 05:34:14 am »
Cider,

Thanks Jim, but really I do not fault Cider. He probably can not help it. This is just a guess, but he probably has had the mask on since this started, depriving him of much needed clear clean Oxygen, (much needed for the thought process), and I rather doubt the nurse has wheeled him past the veranda. This might have left his thought process stuck in Severe Covid Freight Syndrome?

Please take into consideration, this is only a guess. One can only speculate from the words he post along with the extent of urgency stressed in those words. However; I could be wrong.  :wink:

Just kidding, Love you Cider!. It?s nice having you back!

Benji
Ben
.....and you wonder why Wally and I have left?
cider

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2021, 08:30:43 am »
Ben
.....and you wonder why Wally and I have left?
cider

I rather doubt that Wally would pick you for his Spokesman:  :cheesy:
But just in case you two have collaborated and collectively came to this conclusion so be it.

Speaking to you, in other words you can put it out but you can't take it. And just to remind you, who was the two hound dogs which tagged team me in the 'beekeeping' section of all places, inviting me to come to the coffeehouse? While Warning me; "Ben if come to the coffeehouse you had better have a thick skin", though I had no interest in the coffeehouse, I came on 'your' invitation. The manor of my rebuttal to you above, are direct words and dialect that you yourself taught me as you have given me via your many tongue lashings, time and again. :tongue: :happy: I have always accepted this as 'your way' of being friendly.

Your wisecrack about the kangaroo topic is just another prime example. If my friendly rebuttal, whom I reserve 'affectionately' for you, is more than you can take, then all I can say is don't dish it out if you can't take it. First rules of the playground.

In other words don't wave the white flag of surrender and then reach behind your back and pull a weapon of sarcasm out of the clear blue, when my back is turned, especially when I had respectfully accepted your white flag, of hack and surrender!  :cheesy:

PS
Still love you Cider.. .  :cheesy:

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 09:53:40 am by Ben Framed »

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2021, 11:14:57 am »
No, he's not my spokesperson. He just stated a fact. We didn't collaborate and collectively come to this conclusion. We just noticed we both went that route and discussed it after the fact. We can both "take it" to an extent. We both know when to back off, and do so.

Would you give me a link to where he posted to you in the beekeeping section? I went back 15 pages of his posts, until July, 2020. I have done that before, also. I have never found a cider post outside the "MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION". Please show me one elsewhere.

I can both take it and dish it out, but I draw the line when I am chastised by a mod for doing the same thing he does. That is why I am leaving. Cider has his own reasons.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2021, 11:22:38 am »
I would be sorry to see either or both of you leave.  :cry:
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline cidersabuzzin

• Super Bee
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 11:30:07 am »
No, he's not my spokesperson. He just stated a fact. We didn't collaborate and collectively come to this conclusion. We just noticed we both went that route and discussed it after the fact. We can both "take it" to an extent. We both know when to back off, and do so.

Would you give me a link to where he posted to you in the beekeeping section? I went back 15 pages of his posts, until July, 2020. I have done that before, also. I have never found a cider post outside the "MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION". Please show me one elsewhere.

I can both take it and dish it out, but I draw the line when I am chastised by a mod for doing the same thing he does. That is why I am leaving. Cider has his own reasons.
:cool: :cool: :cool:

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 11:40:42 am »
I would be sorry to see either or both of you leave.  :cry:

Same here...

but I draw the line when I am chastised by a mod for doing the same thing he does. That is why I am leaving.

I do not know that I, (as a moderator), using your words, 'chastised' you except once.  And that once was over something which was on the borderline of being 'very' vulgar..  I gave you ample time to edit it yourself. Which to my recollection you did not do.

In all the time I have been on the forum, I do not recall you 'ever' going that far. Only after I was asked to Moderate did you choose to push that limit. Testing the waters perhaps? Being it was in the coffeehouse, I did not take those post down but left them as an example of what the line was, and I politely ask you to please consider. You of all people should have known better. Apparently you took it personally.

As far as you and Cider ribbing me to post in the Coffeehouse, it is true and I accepted your invitation as a friendly gesture. Perhaps you have conveniently forgotten? I will gladly find it and post it here when I have the time. Before you take the liberty of 'leaving', stick around and view it for yourself. It may take a while as today is Thanksgiving and we have a busy schedule ahead. I'll post it here for you at my convenience

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 01:16:54 pm by Ben Framed »

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 12:33:48 pm »

The following was taken from General Beekeeping Topic: 
"Bear attacked my hives oh no, please no!!!"

Well, it looks like you took it a lot harder than it was meant. Maybe my old skin is just a lot tougher than yours. I meant for it to go over lightly, but if it hit you as being hard, then go ahead and throw it back as hard as you wish. I will understand. No hard feelings on this end.
iddee How long would these people last on 'coffee house'? soon to run out of apologies! :wink: :smile:
cider

Now I took that as a gesture of friendly fire which I responded from there. You can go back and refresh your memories from there if you wish. From that time on it was we three. You iddee, a conservative and you Cider the liberal. We never let those political stances get in our way of good old fashion country store mouthing and friendship. We were all pretty hard on one another at times here in the Coffeehouse. I can not speak for you two, but from that time, I have acquired a friendship affection for you both.  Too bad both your skins are translucent.  :shocked: :grin: lol
If you feel you should go I can't stop you but I will miss you both... I guess this is it boys, the ball is in your court.

Still love you both. Phillip

« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 01:18:59 pm by Ben Framed »

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 02:37:27 pm »
OK, You win.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Skeggley

• House Bee
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2021, 05:07:21 pm »
Oh yeah our Kangaroos are dangerous, I thought this was common knowledge around the world. Fortunately our drop bears keep the kangaroo numbers in check. Fortunately now that tourists are not as common drop bear fatality?s have decreased. https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/news/2021/04/drop-bears-target-tourists-study-says/
I mean how could it not be true, it?s on the internet after all.