Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Mini mini foam nucs  (Read 8481 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Mini mini foam nucs
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2021, 12:35:08 pm »
Are we all just kids playing with bugs...?

I suppose the bugs help keep even the older, young at heart.... :-)
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline TheHoneyPump

• Queen Bee
  • Work Hard. Play Harder.
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2021, 02:06:38 pm »
Depends on perspective.  Me/I for example view as livestock.  (cow, goat, chicken, pig, whathaveyou..)  each colony is one animal.
When the lid goes back on, the bees will spend the next 3 days undoing most of what the beekeeper just did to them.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2021, 03:42:55 pm »
Depends on perspective.  Me/I for example view as livestock.  (cow, goat, chicken, pig, whathaveyou..)  each colony is one animal.

I will ask the same question to you FloridaGardener. Do you consider yourself a kid playing with bugs lol.  :shocked: :cheesy: :grin:

I think we will all agree that one needs to spend time doing something they enjoy. Most us here I presume, are hobbyist. While noting there are others here who are also professionals by choice as OldBeavo for example among others. Even another member here is a beekeeper coming from a 7th generation beekeeping family!!
From a professional standpoint it has to be hard work combined with stressfulness, especially when considering balanced variables involved making a living from bees. Ian Steppler for another example recently posted on his blog of the drought he is experiencing in his home location in Canada which has a direct impact on honey and wax production. Circumstances as he is experiencing has to be stressful realizing such promote a decline in honey production when one is counting of thousands of hives as means of livelihood.
So the answer to your question in my case is yes, I for one enjoy the gift of the honey bee. While some may consider that "playing with bugs" lol. While at the same time others are 'playing and working hard' with the honey bee so they fully understand the meaning of the phrase, (work hard. play harder).  :grin:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline ifixoldhouses

• House Bee
  • 2nd year bkpr 14 hives
    • BackyardBeesNC.com
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2021, 04:07:05 pm »
I like em, I made my own from that green foam board at Lowes, just put a piece of Queen rite temp strip in there with a cell, and some syrup, they will draw it out.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2021, 04:22:24 pm by Ben Framed »
BackyardBeesNC.com