Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Anyone with Wii  (Read 28098 times)

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
Re: Anyone with Wii
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2009, 11:54:34 pm »
ok, if your on, I should be on about 11
MMMMMMMMM!!!!!! Doughnuts.- Homer Simpson

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 12:29:56 am »
ok, my # is 193458889930   

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2009, 04:45:55 pm »
Looks like the Greg and Josh Channel :)

Josh knows this, but Greg I just got the Wii Sunday. I have the Sprts PAck, also the Wii Play Game PAck (10 more games) Call of Duty 5 (so that's three of us now) and I have Resident Evil 4 which is a pretty spooky game.

Still mastering the controls - funny thing... My wife has NEVER played a videogame in her life, but she is kicking my but to the floor in Bowling, she won 7 out of 9 games so far and I kept a 185 average on 3 leagues for 9 years - lol. It is amazing though the English you can put on that ball with the remote, I feel just like I do at the lanes.

My wifes Boss has 4 couples who take turns hosting the Bowling Torneys each Saturday Night - they ALL have TEAM SHIRTS and take it EXTREMELY serious. It is a fun system and I'm glad Josh got me talked into it - thanks Josh.

I'll post my Wii Number in an update when I get it turned on, just home from work and need to get changed out of work clothes. Hope to catch you BOTH online, and we need to search somemore Wifi Games. I hear NOTHING but exellent stuff about Wii Karts, but they also have a Nascar Karts too. Time to do some homework.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2009, 08:27:11 pm »
Sounds good. I should be on tonight after 10 playing COD5 I play with another guy from work so we will have a team of 4 if we are all on tonight.
"Your fire arms are useless against them" - Chris Farley in Tommy Boy
Semper Fi
www.gregsbees.com www.secondfast.com/gregsworkshop/ www.secondfast.com/bees

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2009, 08:44:00 pm »
I met be able to talk mom into letting me stay up til 10:30

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 10:42:05 pm »
ok, its a go.

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2009, 01:10:29 am »
Sorry Josh I tried to play with you and John but every time I got into a game with you my system kept timing out and causing problems. We will try again another day.
Semper Fi

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 05:50:47 pm »
ok, I'll try inviting u to us next time.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 05:10:53 am »
Hi Greg:

Forgive me if my spelling is off - I am at work and forgot my reading glasses.

Josh and I had a blast 2 nights running around either in a local or open game, I'm still twittling with mastery of the controls (mostly switching guns, reloading, trgetting, and malee - does that leave anything - lol) but I am REALLY PLEASED with how simple it is to just connect up to EXISTING GAMES in WIFI and get out there and just learn how to play.

The latest man against women bowl off is Tracey 16, John 4 - I am so getting my butt kicked in bowling. Eventhough I have a near perfect copy of my Parker Bone style from the real world of bowling (okay - a wannabee 190 average in the real world, but similar throwing style) I lack consistancy. I have faith in the sensor, I am really amazed at the Wii, functionality, graphics are superior to what I expected (although far from a PS3) but look at the media CDs vs. Blueray - concidaring that, Wii does near miraculus stuff with their soft ware.

I am going on a PERFECT WIFI GAME hunt, gonna pick like 5 finalists and hopefully (money willing) we can all find some lighter hearted, moderate to control game to multiplay. I hear GREAT things about Wii Karts, and sure wish I could see right now, I got a few hours to search the gamespot.com and other review sites. Do you have any suggestions, sure it's fun killing people and zombies, but I'm hoping for a competitive game that doesn't get old, yet has a good fun and relaxed cometitive feel.

I know more people here have to have the Wii in their homes, they just have it for the kids and don't use it for themselves. Maybe, with a bit of poking we can get them out of the Wii Closet and kick this up a notch!!!!

Peace until next time.

OH JOSH.....  Once I learn to toss a granade further than my pants, I am so going to take you out - Mr. Level 10 and growing. That from Private First Class John P. Clayton, Sir!

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 06:35:57 pm »
I am looking into the WiFi bowling games...but from what I read, both "attempts" if you can call them that, are terrible.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2009, 09:49:44 pm »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_Wi-Fi_Connection_games

its a link to a list of wifi games, I'm sure there has to be more though...still looking.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2009, 09:56:07 pm »
ok, here's the OFFICIAL list straight on the Nintendo site...

http://www.nintendo.com/games/guide#qhardware=Wii&qplay=wifi&panel=qplay

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #32 on: February 21, 2009, 02:26:28 am »
Good to hear that you are getting it on in COD. must be missing you when I am on. Mostly late at night after 10. Once you get to some higher levels and can unlock some new guns and perks it is even more fun. One day we will all get on at the same time.

I have Mario Cart Wii. It is wifi but I was not all that impressed with it. I dont really get into the racing type games so that is probably why I dont like to to much. I dont think I could sit for an hour or two and just race around. I do like the sports games but I dont have any wifi ones.

John can you post your COD friend number?
Semper Fi

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #33 on: February 21, 2009, 10:23:41 am »
yea, let me know when your on and I'll try to get john on w/me.  Oh, and i know what u mean about the challenges...I finished 1 so far.  I'm at level 10..yay.   BTW, is it possible say if john is in my "party" that we can join into a free for all game.  Whenever we tried, it wouldn't let us.

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2009, 12:08:54 pm »
I dont think you can join a game by choice, like If I am playing in a game you cant find my game and both join it. However if I am in a game I could invite both of you separately. If you want to join a free for all game together you need to invite John to your party then go to "find a match" and select the free for all. it takes if a few minutes but it will find other players matching your rank and start a game. You can also invite friends to a game you are already in by pushing I think 1 which brings up a menu screen then I think you push 1 again to invite a friend. This is why I would like John's number so I can add him to my friends list. Also if you are having problems joining a free for all it may be because you have not unlocked it yet. That my be why we were having problems the other night because I can no longer go into the boot camp levels because it locks you out I think after level 10 or 12. 
Semper Fi

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #35 on: February 21, 2009, 01:35:17 pm »
ok, thanks.  The other night me and john were in team deathmatch...because I am locked out of bootcamp.  Every time we went to one of the servers you were on, it was really choppy.

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2009, 09:52:43 pm »
OK, I know more people out there than us three have a wii. 

Offline Greg Peck

• House Bee
    • GregsBees.com
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2009, 07:21:15 pm »
Hey Josh. were we playing together for a game or two? I invited you but it did not show up then I see a JJ in the game. IF it was you are you already at level 50 something???
Semper Fi

Offline buzzbeejr

• Josh
  • Field Bee
« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2009, 07:36:14 pm »
wasn't me...unless you were playing free for all at about 8:30 last night, then maybe.

BTW, are u gonna be playing tonight?  OH, and i'm not level 50...yet.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2009, 10:16:10 am »
Greg:

I keep forgetting to post my player number, Josh has it - we've been playing the COD5 when we can, I toally am getting killed - but JOSH is just explaining to me now how as you improve you have options to get additional body armor, have better penitrating bullets, steadier firing arm, etc..

I see these guys level 60, 70 and better - they kill me 8 or more times in a five minute game, meanwhile I shoot them solid until my gun is practically empty and they take one or two shots to take me out.

I'm going to have to learn the finer points of dressing for battle and get myself out there on a bit more even playing field. It's no fun just respawning and dying with on shot to the body, I have a lot of practice and reading to do, I need a charactert that can inflict some damage, right now I feel like I'm in the game with a paintball gun - lol.

We are finding the the Kill anything that moves rooms are fun - although when Josh isn't there I'm in the beginners room doing better than against all open players with earned skill levels. It's a case of you need to walk before running.

I'm going to put up another Wii post, asking WHO has the Wii and what games they have - especially WIFI (multi-online players) games and how they rate them.

The real shame, the Sports Package has some great games that would be FUN FUN FUN if Wifi - I guess Wii was affraid that it would overload servers if EVERYONE was playing Tennis, Bowling or any other game that is for non-online play.

Josh and I were bowling and just telling each other the scores we had last night, we played best of three games and Josh kicked my butt 2 out of 3 games. In theory, we could setup the webcams and watch each other play which would be fun, but not necessary - we of course trust each others score we announce to each other.

I'll be hitting all the online game reviewers to read their choices for best Wifi games, and hopefully we can all find something SIMPLE yet fun to play that won't break our bank accounts :)  The simplicity of bowling and Tennis are perfect for WIFI, I just can't see spending $50 to get a Wifi version of them, even though I know we'd get our moneys worth out of it.

anything