Welcome, Guest

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES FORUM / Re: 2021 Hunting Pics
« Last post by .30WCF on Today at 04:39:46 pm »
I'm laughing so hard about how they're playing with the legs in the back of the truck!  :cheesy:
That?s not the half of it. Lol. I was trying to be PC with what pic I posted of them playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last post by The15thMember on Today at 01:59:10 pm »
I'm laughing so hard about how they're playing with the legs in the back of the truck!  :cheesy: 
« Last post by .30WCF on Today at 01:19:44 pm »

« Last post by .30WCF on Today at 01:17:50 pm »
The next morning the other one brought better luck.

« Last post by .30WCF on Today at 01:09:12 pm »
No luck for an evening hunt with the one munchkin.

For frames;
A small pneumatic nail & staple gun with a 125 psi compressor has worked for me over the last 3 years.  I use 1.5 inch staples.

Supers;
Nails, hammer, & wood glue.  Screws are fine but a box joint is already strong.  The nails just keep it in place.
I will ditto this except a crown stapler that shoots a 1.5 long staple is more expensive and more than you need.  1 1/4 is adequate for frames and a 1.5 long staple might be too long for the 45 degree end shot in the top bar.
WEB VIDEOS / RMS Titanic Survivors True Accounts of The Sinking
« Last post by Ben Framed on Today at 12:53:58 am »

GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Polystyrene Hives
« Last post by beesnweeds on November 27, 2021, 07:15:32 pm »
I am using Apimaye, Anel & Technosetbee poly hives & wouldn't be without them.  Wooden hives are fine but I've had much better overwintering & honey production with my colonies in polys.  Much cooler in summer; much warmer in winter than wooden hives.

Well, it certainly helps to be a lawyer if you're going to run Apimaye.  It would cost over $20,000 to replace all my equipment with Apimaye.  Yikes !!  :shocked:
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Polystyrene Hives
« Last post by LawyerRick on November 27, 2021, 04:58:44 pm »
I am using Apimaye, Anel & Technosetbee poly hives & wouldn't be without them.  Wooden hives are fine but I've had much better overwintering & honey production with my colonies in polys.  Much cooler in summer; much warmer in winter than wooden hives.
GENERAL BEEKEEPING - MAIN POSTING FORUM. / Re: Found Torn down queen cells
« Last post by Ben Framed on November 27, 2021, 04:12:49 pm »
I don?t really have any faith in one of those queens though.

In that case the combo might be your best bet. I would like to hear what Jim or Oldbeave, which posted before has to offer, they may have other options that we have missed. Or for that matter new posters to this topic, may have some good input to offer..

Phillip

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10