Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Beginning the ninth year of my blog  (Read 7840 times)

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
  • Bee in N Georgia on a Blackberry flower
    • Linda T's Bees
Beginning the ninth year of my blog
« on: April 16, 2014, 12:33:30 am »
I'm fond of posting my anniversary every year here at Beemaster because I owe such a debt to everyone here.  The 16th begins my ninth year of keeping my beekeeping blog.  I felt so supported when I started beekeeping and found this place where people were willing to understand and agree with the way I wanted to work my bees (no treatment, nothing artificial). 

This forum is also the reason my blog has been so long-running. 

When I started the blog, I put up photos so my family in Mississippi wouldn't think I was totally crazy for raising bees.  But then I'd have a problem, and instead of calling my fellow club members in Atlanta (at that time almost everyone in the club treated their bees and NOBODY did crush and strain for honey harvest), I would come here and ask my questions.  I would put a link to the blog post where there was a photo to show the problem I was asking about and people here would go just so they could be helpful in answering my many, many questions.

I relied on Michael Bush, Brian de Bray, Cindy, Kathy P, JP, Robo, Iddee, Understudy, Annette of the red umbrella, and many others of you to help me along the way to know how to take care of my bees.  And all of you have been so, so generous and helpful.

Now my blog has a life of its own.  Many people run blogs on beekeeping today, but mine has been going on for so long that it is high up in the search engines and it gets almost 1000 hits a day during the May - September period of time.  I've posted almost 1180 posts and made many videos and slideshows.  My blog is listed on websites across the country as a helpful place to go for beginning beekeeping questions/answers.  Because of it, when I go to places like EAS or the treatment free conference in Leominster, MA, people know who I am (shocked as I always am by this)

So all of this to say thank you to you, my original beekeeping family and support group.  You've been patient with me and so supportive over all of these years.

Love,
Linda T in Atlanta

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Beginning the ninth year of my blog
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2014, 12:13:07 pm »
your blog is fantastic.  just referred someone again to your crush and strain video  :-D

everyone who beekeeps owes you for the great stuff you have posted!
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 05:51:24 pm »
I spent many hours waiting for the next post to show up on Linda's Bees. 

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 08:07:55 pm »
>I spent many hours waiting for the next post to show up on Linda's Bees. 

Well I am a fan, but not that much of a fan... congratulations, Linda.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2014, 09:29:44 pm »
Meeting you in person was a true beekeeping highlight for me, Michael.  I do hope we will be at the same conference or in the same place some time again soon.

Linda

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 10:06:37 pm »
I always love your Blog, I remember over the years the quality of camera equipment and content just grew together beautifully. Awesome dedication we can all be very proud of.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2014, 10:20:38 pm »
You were thanking us for the help. I will reply like this.

It is a great pleasure to contribute even remotely to anything as outstanding in the bee world as your blog. I am grateful for the fact that I have had the pleasure of being associated with you.

I hope you continue for many more years.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2014, 12:31:15 am »
Wow Linda, how exciting to be going on 9 years. This is what we have always shared, I started the same month and year as you. But any comparisons stop there. You have gone on so far with your beekeeping endeavors.

As others have already said, I could not have done this without your helpful blog with clear and concise videos. I still refer new beekeepers to your blog.

Besides all this you are just a sweet person and I still hope that one day we can meet. It is a dream of mine.

Take care and stay peaceful as you are

Love
Annette

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 11:19:52 pm »
This forum is so special for connecting people. I loved being able to call you (on the phone), Iddee, when I was dealing with the bees in the tree trunk that the tree company brought back to keep!  Such an adventure...

And Annette, I so wish you could have gone to Lithuania with me and my Atlanta beekeeping friend, Julia, last year.  But maybe we will meet one of these days.

I've also met Understudy and JP and several others of you at conferences, which I'm sure will continue to happen - be sure to say Hi if you see me before I see you!

Thank you, special people, for chiming in and thanks to everybody for making me feel so good every time I see that someone has been to visit my blog - the statcounter shows if someone has come from Beemaster as often happens from people reading old posts or someone suggesting that they visit my blog.

I hope everybody has a fabulous bee year (and as for me, I just would like a little honey this year after a no-harvest 2013!)

Linda T

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2014, 07:53:35 am »
>>I spent many hours waiting for the next post to show up on Linda's Bees.
>Well I am a fan, but not that much of a fan... congratulations, Linda.

I hope that came across right.  I really am a BIG fan, but I don't spend hours waiting for the next post to show up...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline hjon71

• Queen Bee
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2014, 09:02:13 pm »
I am not familiar with your blog, but I'm about to be. Another click on your counter  8-)
Quite difficult matters can be explained even to a slow-witted man, if only he has not already adopted a wrong opinion about them; but the simplest things cannot be made clear even to a very intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he already knows, and knows indubitably, the truth of the matter under consideration. -Leo Tolstoy

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 02:54:49 pm »
Michael, I knew what you meant but thanks for clarifying! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sc-bee

• Super Bee
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2014, 09:54:44 pm »
Congrats tilllie ..... I will be sending my Dad to your crush and stain video soon.
John 3:16

Offline fruitveggirl

• New Bee
    • Happy Hour at the Top Bar -- a chronicle of my beekeeping mistakes and misadventures
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2014, 03:50:58 pm »
I found your blog last year, and I love it! Keep up the great work!

Offline DayValleyDahlias

• Super Bee
    • DayValleyDahlia's Blog
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2014, 11:19:54 pm »
I do enjoy your blog Linda~ So many of the folks you mentioned also helped me along the way.  I wasn't as adept or as determined as you, but I still dabbled with my bees.

Happy Anniversary!

Sharon in Aptos

Offline buzzbee

• Ken
  • Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
    • N Central Pa Beekeepers Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2014, 06:26:36 pm »
Lindas blog should be an inspiration for anyone wishing to start a blog,no matter the subject. Her perseverance is just awesome!  Glad to see your still keeping bees Sharon.And good to see you stop by again.It's always nice to hear from someone whos name hasn't popped up in a while!

Offline tillie

• Super Bee
    • Linda T's Bees
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 02:44:03 pm »
AWWWWW, Buzzbee, you make me blush!

Offline Gary and Margaret - kiwimana

• House Bee
    • kiwimana
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 05:26:26 pm »
Congrats Linda, great news indeed.  Yes as discussed on the interview we did with you.  Yours was the first beekeeping blog we followed and we still do.

Here's to another nine years  :)

Gary
Thanks

Gary and Margaret
We blog and Podcast at http://kiwimana.co.nz