Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: December 7, 1941  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
December 7, 1941
« on: December 07, 2021, 02:31:28 pm »
A trying time for Our Country. Many Americans were glued around the radio..
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
Re: December 7, 1941
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2021, 06:40:02 pm »
     Many Americans remember that date... One date I never heard about in school in the USA ... Was December 8th.. About 6 hours after the Japanese invaded Pearl Harbor Hawaii... The Japanese came to Clark Air Force base in the Philippines.. Because the USA had an Air Force base here.. They also bombed some of downtown Manila...

BEE HAPPY  Jim134  :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2021, 12:51:46 am »
     Many Americans remember that date... One date I never heard about in school in the USA ... Was December 8th.. About 6 hours after the Japanese invaded Pearl Harbor Hawaii... The Japanese came to Clark Air Force base in the Philippines.. Because the USA had an Air Force base here.. They also bombed some of downtown Manila...

BEE HAPPY  Jim134  :smile:

Jim I did not know this. Thanks for sharing this history...
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 12:46:01 am »
Let us remember, on this date December 7, 1941 the party of political leaning was thrown aside. We as 'Americans United' and arose to the challenge and task at hand.......Our Fathers, or Grandfathers, and for some,'Great-grandfathers.

I know a splendid lady who was a nurse based at the hospital there at Pearl Harbor during the battle and had quiet an experience treating the wounded. She passed away just a year ago...

Phillip

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 12:58:06 am by Ben Framed »