Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Free training for LGBT  (Read 12664 times)

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
Re: Free training for LGBT
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 09:16:13 pm »
You need to rest your case, as you don't seem to comprehend English. What Dallas is trying to tell you, a gun is used for self protection 1000 times or more without firing it for each time it is used by firing it. As for you never hearing of a case, maybe you could google George Zimmerman. It may jog your memory. If not for the anti gunners, he would have walked away clean, as he should have. With the help of anti gunners, he was nearly railroaded. That kind of situation is exactly why we want guns fully legalized and left alone.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 09:21:53 pm »
So the bottom line is very few people who have guns protect themselves with the gun with out getting their ass in a sling.  Everyone that is a citizen has the right to have a gun but when it comes to using it on another human being the laws get muddy and the result is not so black and white.  I rest my case.
Actually, the laws are generally very clear.  And it is very unlikely that you will get your tail in a sling if you are actually defending yourself or a defenseless person whose life is in danger.  It's a different story if one injects himself into a situation, playing cop, or shoots a fleeing bad guy. Your conclusion is based solely on one man's experience, an experience which you were given very little information to form a conclusion.
You have made no case to rest.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2016, 08:40:36 am »
Really? Shooting someone when they are running away.  That don't work too well up here.  In both cases a simple dog is enough of a deterrent and better at chasing someone down when they are naked.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2016, 09:12:34 am »
>I have never heard of a case where an individual was successful in protecting themselves with a gun unless it was someone in law enforcement.

I've never SHOT anyone, but I have successfully used a gun to protect myself on four occasions.  It usually doesn't require shooting someone to be a deterrent to violence.  I've know a LOT of people who have successfully protected themselves with a gun and only one of them shot the person.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2016, 09:51:42 am »
Folks we live in very different parts of the country and that influences the thinking about guns.  In your neck of the woods people are spread out and more by themselves and it might be 1/2 hr to an hour response from law enforcement when they are needed.  I live in a area with thousands and thousands of people around with three law enforcement agencies to respond.  We are allowed to have hand guns but thankfully not everyone does.  Maybe you can understand that it is not in the best interest for law enforcement if there is a bunch of pistol Pete's around at every crime scene.  What happens here is guns get stolen, family members get hurt by accident, and domestic disputes escalate when guns are around.  The laws are different from state to state for good reason and the laws differ again when you get into metropolitan areas like the big apple.
I am not against guns.  Far from it.
To me it is like dog ownership.  It is not the dog's fault it is the owner.  I see the very same thing with guns.  I wish it weren't the case.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2016, 10:06:55 am »
It's a different story if one injects himself into a situation, playing cop, or shoots a fleeing bad guy.

So in your second example if the naked guy pulled the trigger as he said he was going to do then he becomes a criminal.  There is no way to know if this man he overpowered was a harmless mental person that the state has dumped on the streets over the last 20 years.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2016, 11:42:30 am »

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2016, 05:39:22 pm »
Really? Shooting someone when they are running away.  That don't work too well up here.  In both cases a simple dog is enough of a deterrent and better at chasing someone down when they are naked.
What the devil are you talking about?!? Didn't you read a single word?
Of COURSE shooting a retreating BG is a bad idea, no one has ever suggested any different. But blasting the SOB when he is shooting at you is a GOOD idea, and is very legal, even in the Soviet of New York.
Winter is coming.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 06:04:02 pm »
Folks we live in very different parts of the country and that influences the thinking about guns.  In your neck of the woods people are spread out and more by themselves and it might be 1/2 hr to an hour response from law enforcement when they are needed.  I live in a area with thousands and thousands of people around with three law enforcement agencies to respond.  We are allowed to have hand guns but thankfully not everyone does.  Maybe you can understand that it is not in the best interest for law enforcement if there is a bunch of pistol Pete's around at every crime scene.  What happens here is guns get stolen, family members get hurt by accident, and domestic disputes escalate when guns are around.  The laws are different from state to state for good reason and the laws differ again when you get into metropolitan areas like the big apple.
I am not against guns.  Far from it.
To me it is like dog ownership.  It is not the dog's fault it is the owner.  I see the very same thing with guns.  I wish it weren't the case.
You described your area as a hell-hole where responsible, honest and free citizens do not exist.  You state that you are  "not against guns.  Far from it",   Yet you have not made a single statement in this forum that I can find which demonstrates that you are far from being anti-gun.  Exactly the opposite.  You're fast with your false assumptions, and even faster with your tired, worn out old anti-gun clich?s.  You live in a bubble, where you expect the government to save you from the bad guys and to tell you how to think, and to protect you from yourself.  You think it takes a half hour for police to reach me, assuming I live 30 miles from the nearest village. In fact, 911 response in my town is less than 5 minutes.  Just enough time to die.   You live in a bubble where the government has trained you that you will be prosecuted if you defend your own life and property, that you must trust them to get there just in time to conduct the investigation if you're murdered.   You have no concept of what the world is like outside of your protective bubble.  And you living so near the birthplace of the American Revolution, that is a travesty.
Winter is coming.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 07:15:30 pm »
"When there are seconds between life and death, the police are only minutes away."
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2016, 08:08:56 pm »
I just wanted to chime in and say I really enjoy these conversations. It's fun to debate differing points of view.
So let's keep it going!

Online gww

• Super Bee
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2016, 08:23:59 pm »
I knew a guy that shot a guy in the butt while he was running away.  He told me he told the cops he had been robbed three times and was tired of it.  They aparently didn't do anything to him cause he moved out of the city and lived in a small town and was appointed the town judge for their small court.  He was a gun collector and had a pretty interesting collection though that was back in the late 80s and if you ask me about spicific guns, I was just sitting here trying to remember them and am drawing a blank.  Mostly I reamember the feeling of thinking they were pretty cool but must be getting old because the individual items are not coming back.
I am guessing the cops must have agreed that it was a bad guy that he shot cause he apparently wasn't a felon with all his guns and his openness of telling his story.

I did believe what he told me.

I did know another guy that killed a guy through a bathroom door.  He didn't get in trouble but I do think it screwed up his mind a bit.

I knew another guy that shot a guy in his house and did serve some time for it. 

Cheers
gww

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2016, 08:30:51 am »
You described your area as a hell-hole where responsible, honest and free citizens do not exist.  You state that you are  "not against guns.  Far from it", ...

Wow.  Apparently you see what you want to see.  I am not against guns.  There is one in my bedroom closet right now.  It belongs to my wife and she is a bleeding heart liberal to the Nth degree.  When I was younger I had a double barrel shot gun.  I no longer have a need for it.
I believe certain types of guns should be registered and even permitted.  I have a hard time seeing what the objection to that is and it is in no way an infringement of the second amendment.  This fear of the "government" (we are the government) is blown out of proportion.  Governments have rules to protect it's citizens.  We have a say in how that is done.  The individuals desires are not as important as the majority in our society.  Keep in mind that it is not the government that is asking for gun laws it is the people.  The people will rule in the end.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2016, 08:49:19 am »
Items that should require background checks and permits......

Hammers
Knives
Chain saws
 Ball bats
Tire irons
Shovels
Ax or hatchet
Bow and arrow
Short lengths of chain
Bar stools
Guns
Large walking sticks
and any other normal daily use tools that can be used as a weapon.

"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2016, 10:23:50 am »
"The individuals desires are not as important as the majority in our society."

The majority would not burn an American flag (except as provided for an old, tattered, soiled flag), but despite Donald Trump's belief, the Supreme Court has ruled burning a flag is protected under the First Amendment.  There are all kinds of things like that that are protected under the Constitution that are unpopular with the majority of people.  What you suggest is mob rule.

Every totalitarian regime has first had gun registration, then gun seizure, then absolute power.  That's the kind of thing the framers of the Constitution sought to avoid.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2016, 10:54:10 am »
"The individuals desires are not as important as the majority in our society"

Communist much?

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2016, 11:39:26 am »
You described your area as a hell-hole where responsible, honest and free citizens do not exist.  You state that you are  "not against guns.  Far from it", ...

Wow.  Apparently you see what you want to see.  I am not against guns.  There is one in my bedroom closet right now.  It belongs to my wife and she is a bleeding heart liberal to the Nth degree.  When I was younger I had a double barrel shot gun.  I no longer have a need for it.
I believe certain types of guns should be registered and even permitted.  I have a hard time seeing what the objection to that is and it is in no way an infringement of the second amendment.  This fear of the "government" (we are the government) is blown out of proportion.  Governments have rules to protect it's citizens.  We have a say in how that is done.  The individuals desires are not as important as the majority in our society.  Keep in mind that it is not the government that is asking for gun laws it is the people.  The people will rule in the end.
The majority of people DO NOT want more gun control.  I repeat, you live in a bubble.  You live in the shadow and legacy of the Sullivan act, you have been raised to believe that asking the government's permission to exercise a right is normal.  It is not normal! Requiring permits, and even registration is the epitome of infringement!   I once worked to help a liberal democrat get elected.  I learned my lesson fast and never repeated that mistake.   So what?  The fact that you "once owned a shotgun" does not impress me.   Now you are a defenseless victim.

That your wife has a dusty, unused old weapon in the back of a closet is practically irrelevant.  My point is that it is your current actions and statements that matter most. I can't understand how you can claim to be in favor of an unalienable right, and in the same breath call for restrictions, conditions and permits to be imposed on that right.  That is calling for infringement.  I can not comprehend your total, unflagging faith and trust in your totalitarian Rulers. That is the mindset of a Subject, not a Citizen.

A healthy distrust of government is at the heart of liberty.  No man is free that relies upon the government to regulate his daily affairs and person.  A free man must be trusted to be responsible for his personal security.
Winter is coming.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2016, 11:50:49 am »
The majority of pathetic, brainwashed, dependent, mindless, clueless ciphers may, indeed, want gun control, Hops.  Free men (and women) want no part of it.

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 11:57:19 am »
Dallas, I understand your statement, but if the majority wanted more control, there would be more control, but it has been voted down time and time again all over the country,  In fact, many states have been expanding CCW laws and removing old restrictions.
Winter is coming.

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2016, 12:14:39 pm »
Just shows there are more free men and women than that other kind.