Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: There Must Be An Easier Way  (Read 7238 times)

Offline Lancej

• House Bee
Re: There Must Be An Easier Way
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 08:30:14 pm »
Hi Phil,
Box jig nearly finished, a little more welding, few bolts and hopefully it's square and ready to use. Should take 5 minutes to nail a box together. I will get spacers cut out of timber so you can also do 8 frame boxes as well.
Lance

Offline PhilK

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 09:32:16 pm »
Wow that looks impressive mate!

I've made do with four clamps to hold the box square, and the power stapler is doing well.. it just can't drive the 38mm staples through the weathertex bottom board into the 'feet' underneath (even on the highest power setting and deepest depth of drive), so I've had to make do with 25mm staples but they seem to be fine.

I've also figured out I can just rubber band the alligator clips of my embedder onto the terminals of the stapler battery for embedding the wire and it's quartered the time it takes to do that job so I'm pretty chuffed!

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 09:09:55 pm »
Wow that looks impressive mate!

I've made do with four clamps to hold the box square, and the power stapler is doing well.. it just can't drive the 38mm staples through the weathertex bottom board into the 'feet' underneath (even on the highest power setting and deepest depth of drive), so I've had to make do with 25mm staples but they seem to be fine.

I've also figured out I can just rubber band the alligator clips of my embedder onto the terminals of the stapler battery for embedding the wire and it's quartered the time it takes to do that job so I'm pretty chuffed!
'chuffed'   I'm guessing from context 'stoked'  aka thrilled. 

Love learning the dialects of my mother tongue.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline pjigar

• New Bee
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2016, 11:41:03 am »
I make my own frames so I make the parts with tight tolerances. It is very easy to get a square frame using tight parts without any jig. I use narrow crown  staples for putting frames together. 4 staples = 2 on the top bar and 2 on the bottom bar. No glue. I use all medium foundation-less frames so I think 4 staples are adequate for keeping the frame together.

I tried "lock miter joint" for the boxes for ease of assembly but gave up since the joint was week. I went back to box joint. I don't have jig for box assembly but I should make one. I takes me 15 minutes to assemble one box with all fingers glued and 2" medium crown stapled.