Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Eggs, snakes, and golf balls  (Read 3126 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Eggs, snakes, and golf balls
« on: September 15, 2013, 07:57:07 am »
I had folks tell me you can put a golf ball in the chickens nest if you think you have snakes taking the eggs. Over a period of time the golf ball will smell like an egg to a snake. We put golf balls in there to mark the nest (free range, huge area). The other day one of the golf balls was gone and there wasn't any eggs gathered at that nest that day either. My wife said she checked the nest a couple of hours before I looked and saw the golf ball was missing. That was a few days ago. The nest is in a stall with no access to anything but chickens. Any thoughts?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline tefer2

• Super Bee
Re: Eggs, snakes, and golf balls
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 08:32:41 am »
Your chickens are taking up golf!
You sold it by mistake a couple of days ago.
Snake ate it.

Offline itsme

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 09:38:52 am »
It's really likely that a snake ate it.  I have used that method of eliminating snakes and can say for certain that it works.  We have also used wooden eggs from the craft store.  People have told me they have used the old door knob handles that are oblong and I can definitely believe it. 

I don't believe the snakes can actually pass the fake eggs so they die if I don't find them and retrieve my wooden fakes.  Of course they die if I find them too.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 02:18:06 pm »
tefer  ;)

itsme, I'll keep yall posted if I find anything.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

anything