Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bad buying experience with Oz-Armour  (Read 3689 times)

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: Bad buying experience with Oz-Armour
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 08:46:02 am »
I read in langstroths book and he had the opinion that bees that flew out of thier way to get you were sick bees.
Probably just old maids that hate old men.  LOL
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 01:16:45 pm »
Ace, you should move down south, the ladies show off their Southern Hospitality to us old ferts.  They give us honey.  Why, where do you think the saying "honey" referring to, analogous to wife came from??  Down south my man, down south.
Blessings

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 03:41:16 pm »
Bought a house in West palm beach area.  It won't be long.  My wife is already looking for a bigger one with land.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 04:58:18 pm »
Lots of places here with lots of land. A lot cheaper than NY and West Palm Beach.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2017, 05:58:13 pm »
Yes Ace, I completely agree with your wife.  You should buy her a bigger house, a much bigger house, with more land, much more land.  Yes Sir, listen to the lil Lady, keep her happy.
Blessings

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 05:59:50 pm »
I find that working with gloves you tend to get everything sticky and transfer honey to every thing. With bare hands I have a small bucket with water with a stainless steel pot scourer and wash my hands and hive tool frequently, also wash areas that get stung, water seems to take the edge off the sting probably due to the cooling effect.
I will admit there are painful areas such as the palm of the hand and under a finger nail.
On hot days the idea of gloves seems to contradict trying to keep cool.

Offline omnimirage

• House Bee
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 07:41:53 pm »
I was thinking that littlejohn. Even wearing one of those dust masks could work.

I wash my hands frequently with gloves and honey still gets everywhere. Under the nail particularly hurts. Interesting about the vinegar.

Offline omnimirage

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2017, 11:11:24 pm »
I ended up posting a complaint on Facebook, then sent them a PM,  as was suggested to me. They replied on Facebook a day later, he expressed quite a bit of annoyance at me posting the bad publicity like I did before PMing him. I asked him why my emails were never replied to, and he never informed me why. He offered a full refund because "they're a professional and reputable company", AND sent me a replacement veil, which was nice.

anything