Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Im suddenly allergic  (Read 4108 times)

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Im suddenly allergic
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2018, 07:29:26 am »
That is good news 229. Did your doc prescribe an epi pen?
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline 220

• House Bee
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2018, 02:50:49 pm »
No epi pen at this stage, he did give me a prescription for enough prednisolone tablets to have some stored in all our vehicles, my bee box, house and farm.

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2018, 03:17:10 pm »
220: ?prednisolone? or prednisone?

Offline 220

• House Bee
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2018, 03:28:48 pm »
prednisolone

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2018, 04:34:11 pm »
Ok, I just googled, they both appear to be same drug, generics made by different companies.  My doc prescribed prednisone is why I was courious.

I had bee venom reactions in 2016, but now a bee sting is unremarkable.  I do not have an explanation, as I have been stung since1960, probably a 100 Times to date.
Blessings

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2018, 04:46:24 pm »
Ok, I just googled, they both appear to be same drug, generics made by different companies.  My doc prescribed prednisone is why I was courious.

I had bee venom reactions in 2016, but now a bee sting is unremarkable.  I do not have an explanation, as I have been stung since1960, probably a 100 Times to date.
Blessings
Takes 24 hrs for steroids to start working
Good luck bro hope you never have what happened to me.
Again try the apis melifera homeopathic tablets
Cheers

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2018, 05:26:05 pm »
he did give me a prescription for enough prednisolone tablets to have some stored in all our vehicles, my bee box, house and farm.

Steroids are usually not just kept around until you need them.  They can have serious side effects going on and coming off them.  It must be a very weak prescription.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline 220

• House Bee
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2018, 06:20:43 pm »

Blessings

My understanding is your liver metabolises prednisone into prednislone.
I didnt ask the question but assume prednislone would be faster acting but you know what they say about assume.

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2018, 09:17:37 pm »
Troutdog (Takes 24 hrs for steroids to start working)

Yes Sir, I have read the exact same info, 24 hrs.  However, my own personal experience is 2-3 hours.  I tore a purformis(sp) muscle in 2000, a deep in hip muscle, non repairable.  Two months of nisiads and condition only worsened.  In fact my immune system was making matters worse with massive inflammation.  I was losing the ability to walk with my right leg.  Then doc prescribed prednisone, a blast dose and the results were just short of a miracle and it worked in 2-3 hours, I could walk normal.

As Ace pointed out, the dose was lowered very carefully, over a period of a week or something like that.

In my case, the prednisone worked a miracle in such a short time.  Man my torn hip muscle hurt getting more painful by the day, more inflamed by the day, a self perpetuating situation: pain lead to inflammation which lead to more pain,,,,, finally prednisone broke that cycle.  A real life saver to me as the saying goes, I was not dying, just a figure of speech.
Blessings

Offline omnimirage

• House Bee
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2018, 06:25:30 pm »
I cannot count the number of times I have explained to the folks here about allergic reactions and that they develop over time.  First exposure is never, ever an anaphylactic response.

I have wondered about that. People seem to develop allergies to other forms of venom over time, repeated exposure to venom increases the chances of developing an allergic reaction. However when I've asked beekeepers about such, they tend to tell me that the more you get stung, the less allergic and reactive you are to the stings. Some clarification and discussion on this would be interesting.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2018, 09:41:33 pm »
The human body is a very complex organism.  It is unbelievable what the immune system can do that we are not aware of.  But when it screws up it can kill the individual it was designed to protect.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

anything