Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: V.destructor mite control using sustainable mite control (SMC)  (Read 8679 times)

Offline Be a Bee

• New Bee
V.destructor mite control using sustainable mite control (SMC)
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:55:40 pm »
I am about to publish a book about beekeeping and I like to share an unedited version of chapter 4 that may help some of you to keep the V.destructor mite under control. a few beekeepers here use this method and it works very well. It does not need any product but good management and proper (accurate) timing, which is all described.

It also describes the method of using formic acid, but it is not needed if you follow the instruction.  ADMIN EDIT ->  attached PDF below

You will find other information with above search, e.g. how to process wax and build your own foundation.
Please ask me questions.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 04:11:32 pm by Robo »
Be the bees with me as long as I can see

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
Re: V.destructor mite control using sustainable mite control (SMC)
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 08:07:24 pm »
New chemicals have been developed
and then dropped again, as bees became resistant to them.

I think you meant to say mites became resistant...
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline fat/beeman

• House Bee
    • Dixie Bee Supply.com
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 03:19:43 pm »
hello
 I try to do mite free as much as one can but you need to use some method {using drone comb} powder sugar does some good. I would never use formic acid in a hive.simple thing as changing out old comb will work wonders.

P.S. I wish some one would write a book on the simple things { low or no cost ways}
 Don

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 03:02:48 am »
hello
 I try to do mite free as much as one can but you need to use some method {using drone comb} powder sugar does some good. I would never use formic acid in a hive.simple thing as changing out old comb will work wonders.

P.S. I wish some one would write a book on the simple things { low or no cost ways}
 Don
  HI Don still doing walnut smoke for varoa (prety sure you where the one doing that)
 and hows it going- 8-) RDY-B

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 11:15:23 am »

HI Don still doing walnut smoke for varoa

What is the theory behind this?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 05:40:28 pm »
  i never followed this through-but have learned that there is a big difference between black walnut and english wall nut -seams the black walnut is the one with the natural toxin in it--thats why you cant plant any thing under black walnut tree-it just wont grow good-Is this still being practiced anybody???-or did it pass by the way side with FGMO--RDY-B

Offline hardwood

• Galactic Bee
  • Alysian Apiaries youtube.com/MrBeedude
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 05:50:57 pm »
I read a study a year or so ago (might even be posted here somewhere) by the University of Fl about different smokes for varroa control. Mesquite, black walnut and grapefruit leaves were all said to have some positive effect.

Scott
"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag...We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...And we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Offline fat/beeman

• House Bee
    • Dixie Bee Supply.com
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 06:11:57 pm »
hello
I been using smoke as a form of mite control for lot of yrs now.walnut is one.I see lot of people dug up old work of mine in late 90's my research.
 what the hell when I was trying to get eople to try it they laughed at me, now takeing second look
 see.
Don

old and senile now {lol}

Offline rdy-b

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 06:45:37 pm »
I read a study a year or so ago (might even be posted here somewhere) by the University of Fl about different smokes for varroa control. Mesquite, black walnut and grapefruit leaves were all said to have some positive effect.

Scott
  seams to me that there is a variety of SUMAC that has properties as-well
i remember the grapefruit  :)--RDY-B

Offline fat/beeman

• House Bee
    • Dixie Bee Supply.com
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 07:45:32 pm »
yes there is others stag horn sumac is great to smoke wild mean bees calms right down. don't use lot and not real often.
Don

Offline Be a Bee

• New Bee
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 02:28:19 am »
New chemicals have been developed
and then dropped again, as bees became resistant to them.

I think you meant to say mites became resistant...
Very good point, sorry for the typo!!
Thanks
Werner Gysi

Offline Be a Bee

• New Bee
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 02:33:53 am »
hello

Don
Hi Don
You need to read the whole chapter 4 for of Harmonic Farming: Bees. It explains two methods, one to manage the worker bee brood and drone brood. This method does not cost you a cent and you can do it yourself if you know how to keep bees.
The second method is for those that can not observe the bees every day or are unable to reach them at a specific time. They can use formic acid.

Offline T Beek

• Super Bee
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 10:01:05 am »
hello

Don
Some of us wish "you" were the one writing such a book Don.  How bout it? You got the time  :)  Always good to see/hear you're voice around these parts. 

thomas
"Trust those who seek the truth, doubt those who say they've found it."

Offline fat/beeman

• House Bee
    • Dixie Bee Supply.com
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 11:11:14 am »
thanks for the boost of pride. as for a book anyone up to writing one for me>???? I'll split the profits as for me too busy just trying to keep bees I still got lot to learn. if interested contact me and write on.
Don :-X
 :-D

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 11:30:22 am »
Don, did you ever get a partner to work with last year?

Offline fat/beeman

• House Bee
    • Dixie Bee Supply.com
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 12:35:10 pm »
not yet. you applying would consider a partner if there buying into it.
Don

Offline Be a Bee

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2011, 06:35:57 am »
I am about to publish a book about beekeeping and I like to share an unedited version of chapter 4 that may help some of you to keep the V.destructor mite under control. a few beekeepers here use this method and it works very well. It does not need any product but good management and proper (accurate) timing, which is all described.

It also describes the method of using formic acid, but it is not needed if you follow the instruction.  ADMIN EDIT ->  attached PDF below

You will find other information with above search, e.g. how to process wax and build your own foundation.
Please ask me questions.

Chapter 4 of Harmonic Farming: Bees is now edited, google it. Sustainable Mite Control (SMC) is a method to manage the bees not treat them or medicate.
Werner Gysi

Offline Be a Bee

• New Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2011, 12:27:36 am »
I am about to publish a book about beekeeping and I like to share an unedited version of chapter 4 that

Dear Administrator, I try to find how to send you an email but am not able to find out how so I use this post. You changed my origingal message from a link to Harmonic Farming: Bees to a pdf file. May I kindly ask to give credit to the author Werner Gysi and his description to Sustainable Mite Control (SMC) somewhere? Else please remove the link as it does not include reference to the author. I have in the meantime uploaded an edited chapter 4 which does now include the credit. As the information I share is quite valuable you would do the forum a great service to let them decide to read more about me rather then censor it.
Kindest regards
Werner Gysi
Author

anything