Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Wayward Pines  (Read 3427 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
Wayward Pines
« on: September 01, 2016, 01:58:40 pm »
Is anyone watching this? I think it has completed the second season. I went on HULU and watched it all. I didn't pay no attention to the show until the last 2 or 3 episodes of this season.

Basically this scientist foresees climate change as altering the human gnome. So he writes a book about, gives speeches, fund raising, and the such. He builds a place in Utah where he and others selected 1500(?) people; welders, farmers, doctors, law enforcement, ect go to. Some volunteer to go, others are drugged. They are put in this tube in an area with something that preserves them while they sleep. When they emerge 2000 years later what is left of the human race is animalistic. Interesting but it seems once someone becomes a main character - a few episodes later they're dead.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Re: Wayward Pines
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2016, 02:29:36 pm »
It is a great show!!  I started it and lost interest, but then picked it up and binge watched all the way through.  One great thing about it is that it can jump into reinventing the story line and not lose anything.

I'll be interested to see how it develops in the next season.

unique storyline and good characters. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2016, 12:48:39 pm »
I have been watching it. This season it started out like a repeat of last season with different characters and then it got better.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2016, 11:07:12 am »
There is a continutity issue with most show, Wayward Pines is no different. Example, you watch a western, and the buildings are old, the piano in the saloon is old, but in real time, these things should be relatively new. How many churches in old movies taking places in a new frontier town that looked really old, it shouldn't be. Same with the facade that makes up most Western town movies: they look like todays ghost towns, not modern built towns, often written around the gold rush days.

Look at cars in new movies about the 20's, 30's, 40's - they are all mint BECAUSE they are pulled from collections (or collectors) who have them restored or mint: but in the real world, most of those cars are beat, had accidents, dings and just wear and tear.

Not sure why Matt Dillon left, but I think they probably wrote him out on his own request (speculation) I'll likely read different when I search

Wayward Pines, has a screwy timeline where the town and fencing were built a nearly 2000 years earlier, yet everything is mint and has the typical small town look. The vehicles, are also current generation, not some futuristic car that was packed away over the 2010 years between the cryo-freeze.

Okay, I know they equipped the town with FAMILIAR stuff, so that the people out of stasis would assume nothing wrong.

That said, and minus the "too new looking cars, buildings, etc" Wayward Pines lost me killing off Kevin Dillon (brother), always liked him - his big break was the remake of the Blob - which was a pretty good remake: the great part about that movie was, you never knew who the main characters were - because just as soon as you thought you knew who it was, the blob killed them, and his Johnny Drama character in Entourage is a classic part.

I don't see a season 3 coming of Wayward Pines - I like Hope Davis too, first remember her from About Schmidt with Jack Nicholson - in my top 50 movies.

I liked season one, but now we're a generation later, new people, and who DIDN'T figure that female was a queen type character - maybe because we are beekeepers, that's a possibility. I'm going to put up a list of my favorite current shows that do a good job with story line and the backdrop plays a small role.

Any typos, I wrote this on my phone and copied it to desktop. If I mix up Matt and Kevin here - it's just me getting lost in paragraphs.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2017, 08:02:11 am »
Soooo..., did we loose this show? No new season?
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Online BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2017, 12:18:06 pm »
I think they ran it into the ground. Last year a lot it it seemed to be a repeat with different people.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 12:44:21 pm »
I thought it was coming back.  I liked it.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.