Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Mooresville, NC  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Absinthe

• New Bee
Hello from Mooresville, NC
« on: June 05, 2020, 12:04:48 am »
In my fifth year, and I have no colonies. I am regrouping and starting over next spring. Taking some time to build some new equipment and repair and repaint the old. And making a plan so that I can get through both a winter and a summer starting with a nuc that I can hopefully find a source that can get one for me early enough in the season that I can accomplish it.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
Re: Hello from Mooresville, NC
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2020, 12:07:41 am »
Welcome to Beemaster.
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline JojoBeeBoy

• House Bee
    • @joebeewhisperer on Instagram
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 12:41:46 am »
Hang in there, I have been back in it for 4-5 years now and have had little long-term success getting colonies to survive. I've changed up my game a bit. Hope you find what you're looking for.

One thing about beeks is no one wants anyone else to fail. That's a good community if for no other reason. Blessings, Joe

Offline Absinthe

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2020, 01:22:04 am »
Thanks Joe. I will see what I can do. But somehow I have to turn 1 in to several so any have a chance of getting through winter, so I have a better chance to get started early. That is the plan... But "Der Mentsch Tracht un Gott Lacht"

Offline Bob Wilson

• Queen Bee
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2020, 08:53:38 am »
Glad to have you with us, Absinthe. Beemaster is be a great resource for succeeding. Post away.

Offline CoolBees

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2020, 05:17:23 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster. This is a great place with very good people.  :grin: Ask away.
You cannot permanently help men by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves - Abraham Lincoln

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2020, 08:15:02 pm »
Welcome to Beemaster.
Jim Altmiller
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline JojoBeeBoy

• House Bee
    • @joebeewhisperer on Instagram
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2020, 11:52:42 pm »
That is the plan... But "Der Mentsch Tracht un Gott Lacht"

Admittedly, had to look that one up. Dad's folks were Swiss, speaking low German, but it didn't get all the way down to us.

Wish you (or anyone here) was down the street. I am in a season where I'm blessed with some extra work and spending like crazy to ramp up for winter. I've offered to share bees, brood, or whatever with local folks and would happily share with you until you have enough to finish the season strong. I'm basically sitting here excited about bee stuff by myself.  :cool:

anything