Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Firearm Safety  (Read 6560 times)

salvo

Firearm Safety
« on: May 05, 2021, 12:26:32 pm »

salvo

Re: Firearm Safety
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 07:24:56 pm »
Hi Folks,

Florida sheriff recommends Safety Courses,... just because..... you'll be a better shot. It'll save the taxpayer money.

https://news.yahoo.com/santa-rosa-county-sheriff-announces-184019593.html

Sal

salvo

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2022, 10:48:57 am »
Hi Folks,

'guns and Diet Mountain Dew don?t mix!'

A North Carolina woman was issued a criminal citation this week for shooting at cans of Diet Mountain Dew in her backyard.

Gastonia Police Department officers responded to reports of shots fired in the neighborhood and found a 64-year-old woman who said she was firing a revolver at the soda cans because she didn?t approve of her father drinking them, the department said on Facebook.

"We totally understand that not everybody is a fan of the Dew but we can?t stress enough how dangerous this is!" the department said.

Sal

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2022, 12:02:46 pm »
I was decking a roof one day and bullets kept wizzing past us as we worked on the roof.  The boss said we should shoot back.  He asked who had a gun and everyone raised their hand and said, I have a few...  we didn't shoot back, but it turns out someone was plinking with a .22 and they shot holes in all the houses in the neighborhood.  Luckily almost all of those houses were empty, but still there were holes in the walls and a few windows gone.  A safety class might have helped I guess.  But it says right on the box of ammo that it can go for a mile...  What is your backstop is always an important question.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2022, 09:22:26 am »
The link (minuse the first part)  is:  news-terrifying-moment-mans-50cal-shotgun-explodes-in-his-face-20210505
This was not a shotgun.  In fact, though I suppose someone could make a .50 caliber shotgun, no one that I know of has ever manufactured such a thing.  It was a rifle chambered for .50 BMG.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2022, 07:16:57 pm »
LOL, never heard of a punt gun? may be a 2" bore and shoot a pound of shot..............

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punt_gun

Did a report on them in the 10th grade.
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Bees will be bees and do as they please!

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2022, 07:22:32 pm »
google "punt gun" and then search "images"
those hot bees will have you steppin and a fetchin like your heads on fire and your keister is a catchin!!!

Offline G3farms

• Super Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2022, 07:41:17 pm »
I even have a couple of 8 ga. shotgun shells floating around somewhere. These are well over 0.5" or 50 cal.

The 8 gauge shell is still in production, I have seen pallets of them over at the cement plant, used to clear out the lime kiln.

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2022, 08:14:29 pm »
I bet they pack a lot of kick...  :grin:
2 Chronicles 7:14
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 07:38:23 am »
A 12 gauge is well over .50 cal in diameter.  Probably even a 20 guage is, but I would have to look that up.  I have seen a punt gun.  I remember when I was a kid during the sesquicentennial celebration for our town there was a 4 guage elephant gun (muzzleloader) in one of the store windows.  But there is still no such thing as a .50 cal shotgun...
-------------------

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2022, 07:57:22 am »
Probably even a 20 guage is, but I would have to look that up.

I think you are right. The Taurus Judge 45 cal Colt Magnum also shoots a much smaller 410 shotgun shell.  My brother in law who is in law enforcement bought one for his wife..

« Last Edit: December 07, 2022, 11:06:20 am by Ben Framed »
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Offline iddee

• Universal Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2022, 11:08:49 am »
 a .50 caliber is 1/2 in. bore. Even a 28 gage shotgun is larger, at .550 inch bore.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2022, 12:04:53 pm »
.410 is the only "gauge" that isn't a gauge, it's a bore size i inches.  The rest are actual gauges (a pound of lead divided into that many round balls i.e. a round ball of 1/12 of a pound is the diameter of a 12 gauge.)  And yes, I think everything over a .410 is over .50 cal.  None ARE .50 cal.
-------------------

salvo

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2023, 01:46:56 pm »

salvo

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2023, 05:27:33 pm »
Incoming!

Sal

Online Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2023, 06:46:54 pm »

anything