Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New in SC - Starting New Biz - would love to buy your honey!  (Read 1474 times)

Offline beeology101

• New Bee
New in SC - Starting New Biz - would love to buy your honey!
« on: March 10, 2011, 09:09:18 pm »
Hi,

My husband got into beekeeping a couple of years ago and loves it.  He has five hives in our backyard and more in other places.  He recently took some hives down to a mayhaw farm, and I can't wait to try that honey!

Anyway...I'm fascinated with beekeepers and honey and wanted to find a way that I could get involved and also help other beekeepers.  We have just started a new business called Beeology 101.  We will be selling samples of honey from all over the United States.  Sticking with the theme Beeology 101, the honey will be sold in test tubes with a batch number on the tube.  Once people buy the honey, they will be able to go online and look up their batch number to see where the honey was produced, the type of honey, who the beekeeper is, etc.  If they want to buy more of that honey, they will be able to contact the beekeeper directly.

I don't have any plans to get into mass production/selling of honey...just samples.

You can find us on facebook by searching for beeology101.  Sorry...I can't post a link since I am new here.

It will be a few weeks before our website is live.

We will be looking to buy honey in small quantities from people thoughout the U.S.  If you are interested in selling your honey, add us on facebook so you can see the post when we are ready to start buying.

:)

Offline AllenF

• Galactic Bee
Re: New in SC - Starting New Biz - would love to buy your honey!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 11:01:45 pm »
  Where are you located.

Offline beeology101

• New Bee
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 11:59:38 am »
We are in Sumter.  How about you?

Offline beeology101

• New Bee
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 12:01:00 pm »
Oh nevermind...I see.  Hiram, GA.  Where is that?
I'm originally from GA - Valdosta - Thomavsille area.