Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: restarting hobby need many things  (Read 6153 times)

Offline rsilver000

• House Bee
restarting hobby need many things
« on: February 03, 2006, 09:18:19 am »
I have been out of beekeeping for 15 years and am making the plunge restarting this spring with 2 hives.  I need to restock all the little things that add up to a ton of money.  Anyone have spare hive tools and a small 2-4 frame extractor that they want to sell?  I also need supers.  Let me know what you have.  I live in Upstate NY in Syracuse.
Thanks,
Rob
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere.

Offline cporten

• New Bee
Re: restarting hobby need many things
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2024, 10:15:13 am »
FYI, I know this is an old Post but wanted to clarify location.   :grin:  I live in Auburn, outside of Syracuse, we are Central New York, upstate is Albany and Hudson River area.   :wink:

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2024, 11:31:07 am »
Is that like North NJ and South NJ?  Different states?  We have Portland, and everything else is Oregon   :cheesy:
The people the people are the rightful masters of both congresses and courts not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it.

Abraham  Lincoln
Speech in Kansas, December 1859

Offline Terri Yaki

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2024, 12:03:51 pm »
Is that like North NJ and South NJ?  Different states?  We have Portland, and everything else is Oregon   :cheesy:
De facto, it is but as to the geographic location of what constitutes 'Upstate, NY', is apparently debatable. Many consider it either NYC or Upstate but others place their line elsewhere. My camp is north central, about 60 miles from the CN border so I know it's Upstate and that's all that matters to me.

Offline Ben Framed

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
  • Mississippi Zone 7
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2024, 12:08:38 pm »
Tim Durham, a well known YouTube Bee guy, lives in North Mississippi. I have heard him, in his videos describe his location as UpState Mississippi.  :cheesy: :grin: :wink: