Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Ross Rounds on Ebay  (Read 6562 times)

Offline SherryL

• House Bee
Ross Rounds on Ebay
« on: April 22, 2005, 01:33:22 pm »
These aren't mine, I don't know the seller or have any personal interest in these, but thought if someone is in the market for new-in-box Ross Round supers you might be interested.  

He's selling each super complete with frames and plastic sleeves (no foundation) for $29.99 each or 3 for $89.97 (same price, but saving a little on shipping).  Type Ross Rounds into the search box and they'll come up.

sherry

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Ross Rounds on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 01:48:01 pm »
That's a real good deal if someone is interested.  These normally go for >$50.  I think I paid ~ $20 for just the frames when I built my last 5.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Robo

• Technical
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Beekeep On!
    • Bushkill Bee Vac
Ross Rounds on Ebay
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 01:49:42 pm »
FYI...

Looks like BetterBee has come out with a container for Ross round combs that eliminates the need for using the rings.

http://www.betterbee.com/products.asp?dept=499

I haven't personally tried it yet,  but I am considering it. Especially since I always seem to run short of rings when I'm assemblying the supers :lol:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it comes dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Ross Rounds on Ebay
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 01:58:54 pm »
They are just round boxes.  To use them you have to cut the comb out, drain them and put them in the boxes.  If I was going to cut and drain, I'd use cheaper sqaure boxes instead.  The point of the Ross Rounds, from my point of view, is that you don't HAVE to cut them out and drain them.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything