Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: source for number 6 hardware cloth  (Read 2743 times)

Offline rebecca121760

• New Bee
source for number 6 hardware cloth
« on: August 25, 2016, 09:20:17 am »
Hello, We are in Missouri and have had a time with hive beetles this year. I bought a bottom board trap from a guy on Amazon. It has pretty good reviews. He has a website where he is actually kind enough to share his plan for this. We want to make some or retrofit some of our current screened bottom boards, but are having a time finding #6 hardware cloth. Has anyone had any luck finding this before? Thank you so much!!

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: source for number 6 hardware cloth
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 09:29:02 am »
I have bought #8, #7, #6 and #5 from the local Ace Hardware.  But then it's a remarkable store.  I suspect you can order whole rolls of it at the local hardware store if they don't stock it.  I can buy it by the foot since they have it in stock.  No hope of any of those at your typical hardware store... You'll be lucky to find #4 and #2...
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 08:55:43 pm »
Ace hardware stores wherever located seem to be the key.  They must have a good central source for hardware cloth.  Number 7 seems to be the one to order.  They may not have it in stock, but yhey should be able to order it.  Forget the big box stores.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline divemaster1963

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Queen Bee
  • God Protect and watch over our sons and daughters.
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 10:27:36 pm »
I have talk to several big box building stores. they will not even special order it. they said that they don't have the call for it to justify purchasing large quantity for there warehouse.

john

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2016, 05:18:35 am »
Have you tried Amazon.com?

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :)
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2016, 12:13:32 am »
I have an a hardware store in Jacksonxille that sells number 8 cloth. That is what I use.  Look around for an old time store.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin