Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Fallout  (Read 124 times)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
Fallout
« on: April 11, 2024, 06:17:07 pm »
Anybody watching it?  So far I like it.  Just starting 3rd episode.  NOT FOR KIDS.  It's a bit bloody and has some language.  Still, makes me want to go back and play again.  I own several of the franchise, but have not played in ages.
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online Terri Yaki

• Queen Bee
Re: Fallout
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2024, 06:48:55 pm »
I never heard of it and don't know what it is. If it's subscription based, it's probably out here.

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2024, 07:13:44 pm »
It's on Prime. 
Someone really ought to tell them that the world of Ayn Rand?s novel was not meant to be aspirational.

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 02:17:04 am »
I never heard of it and don't know what it is. If it's subscription based, it's probably out here.
Based on a series of video games. ..1950s post apocalyptic retro futurism, atompunk, or alternate timeline .. take your pick to describe the genre.

I would have liked more showing of the pre-war cars and the style, but the music use was really good (a lot of 1940s stuff) .

Anyway, from what I've seen, it's a fun series so far.
Avatar pic by my oldest daughter (ink and watercolor)

Offline Kathyp

• Global Moderator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2024, 11:04:04 am »
Anyway, from what I've seen, it's a fun series so far.

I have made it to episode 5.  There are some good actors in this thing and so far I have enjoyed it.

One of the services did a show based on HALO and they did a good job with it too.  If I can watch a series based on my favorite games and feel like I slid into the game, that works for me!   :grin:

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2024, 02:23:01 pm »
The acting seemed good to me.. and the use of a few real cars that fit the aesthetic was neat... but being a car nut, I was hoping that they had actually built a few custom rods of the fallout cars. Some could be made by modifying real cars, but expensive, I know :sad:

Online animal

• Queen Bee
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2024, 02:33:03 pm »
The Blitz is probably my favorite, but the Corvega Atomic wouldn't be too terribly hard to build. The Cherry Bomb (top left in the previous post) would be the easiest.

Offline The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2024, 03:33:17 pm »
One of the services did a show based on HALO and they did a good job with it too.  If I can watch a series based on my favorite games and feel like I slid into the game, that works for me!   :grin:
My sister and I watched the first season of the Halo show and we loved it!  We haven't gotten to the second season yet, but we will.  We are going to watch The Witcher show soon, and we learned from Halo that doing the video game first is really important to getting everything out of the show, because that first episode of Halo was like 60% more enjoyable having played it.  We're actually going to start playing Witcher 2 next weekend.  My sister has read the books already, and I'm working on the 2nd short story collection right now.   
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

anything