Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Easy Swarm  (Read 2445 times)

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
Easy Swarm
« on: March 04, 2015, 11:04:12 pm »
I got a swarm call at 1:30 this afternoon.  I was on my way out to a meeting, so called to postpone.  Arrived at 2:00, borrowed a ladder and a box.  By 3:00 they were home in a hive with a frame of honey and a captured queen.  Only 1.5 hours delay to attempt fix a system.  Woo hoo!

Offline gww

• Super Bee
Re: Easy Swarm
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2015, 12:27:43 am »
How cool is that.
Cheers
gww

Offline KD4MOJ

• Field Bee
  • Bees... Motorcycles... amateur radio...
    • TangleWood Apiary
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2015, 11:30:44 am »
That's the way they should all "bee".!!

...DOUG
KD4MOJ

Offline texanbelchers

• House Bee
    • Mark Belcher
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 02:25:47 pm »
I was slated to remove bees from a friends house last Friday.  He has been fighting them for 5-6 years.  I checked them a week before to get the lowdown and saw no problems.  I show up Friday and there isn't a bee to be seen.  I used a borescope in the wall and floor and couldn't even find dead bees or comb.  Instead of drilling holes in drywall he opted to wait for a problem to develop or more bees to arrive.  Apparently bees are like computer problems; I arrive and suddenly they don't exist any more.

I'll take more of these instead.  $150 package for an hours work; almost as good as my consulting rate.   :wink:

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2015, 12:26:07 pm »
Way to  go Tex.
Not too many swarms go like that one.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin