Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Eivindm's membership maps  (Read 119751 times)

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
Eivindm's membership maps
« on: October 07, 2004, 01:07:18 pm »
Update from eivindm 2009-07-19:  I have now created a new membership map. Click here to view the map. The maps below are outdated and will no longer be updated (but I keep them there for historical reasons).

The markers are placed on the map according to the google map database.  If you are placed at a different place than you actually live, please change the location in your user profile (typically by adding a country name or state) and wait for me to update the map.  You can test your location string at maps.google.com as it will give you the same placement on that map as on the beemaster.com membership map.

All markers that overlap each other are clustered together and represented by a number.  Click on the cluster marker to zoom in.  As soon as you have zoomed in enough for the markers to not overlap, they will be represented as regular markers.  Click on a marker to see who is living there.

At any time, click on the "List visible users" button over the map to get a (paginated) list of users that live within the current map view.  By zooming in to a smaller view where fewer people live, the list of visible user will be changed equally.

Original post by BigRog:

I am going to post Eivindm's 2 membership maps here.
He has done a great job and I'm sure that everyone will want to check to see if they have some new nieghbors. Click on the blue numbers to see the membership list for that state

Click here to get another version of the map where you can click on a state and see who lives there

USA Map - this map is outdated - see text above

World Map - this map is outdated - see text above

Membership List
Click here to get a sorted textfile of where the member lives
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 07:36:34 am by eivindm »
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline Finman

• House Bee
Re: Eivindm's membership maps
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 02:11:13 pm »
Quote from: BigRog
map!

YES! It is relly good! To be on the map of the world!.   :shock:

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 03:59:48 pm »
Links dont work and dont seem to be hypertext to me...

Offline buzz

• House Bee
    • My home page... nothing much
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 04:03:08 pm »
They dont work for me either.  :cry:
Scott
----------
"If you have no money and you have few possessions, if you have a dog you are still rich"
----------
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 06:19:48 pm »
They are working for me and apparently for Finman
They are .gif files
"Lurch my good man,…what did you mean when you said just now that 'You've got better things to do than run my petty little errands'…….?"

Offline buzz

• House Bee
    • My home page... nothing much
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 07:26:49 pm »
It works now :lol:
Scott
----------
"If you have no money and you have few possessions, if you have a dog you are still rich"
----------
"Forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

Offline BigRog

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2004, 08:51:44 am »
Hats off to Eivindm.
Not only did he do a fine job on these maps and the list, but he is also keeping them updated.

Thanks, Great Job!

Offline thomashton

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2004, 10:18:42 am »
I'm from New Mexico, living in Iraq and moving to Utah when I get home. Does that get New Mexico like a 1/3 of a person rating :D
After 18 months of reading and preparation, my girls finally arrived on April 11th (2006)!

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2004, 11:40:15 am »
Quote from: thomashton
I'm from New Mexico, living in Iraq and moving to Utah when I get home. Does that get New Mexico like a 1/3 of a person rating :D

You better keep me updated on your moves so the map count follows you :-)

Offline Lesli

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2004, 05:21:11 pm »
Hey, I recognize two people from my very own local bee club! OK, ok, I knew they were here. Cool anyway!
Lesli

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
  • It is my pleasure to bring the forums to you.
    • http://www.beemaster.com
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2004, 03:55:12 pm »
I just took a look at the membership listing and EVERY SINGLE REAL MEMBER (discounting the computer generated ones) but all the real members have added a location - BRAVO to them!!!!

I hope this is a sign of things to come - having this info is very helpful for many reasons and I'm glad that the new membership has caught on to the need to give us their basic location to help map the world with our membership.

Great Job everyone, statistically we have some really awesome days ahead and as Franky goes to Hollowood said "The World is our Oyster!" and we really are getting a large collection of states and countries that without Eivindm map, we would really NOT have a clue of the true demographics represented here. Great work all.
NJBeemaster my YOUTUBE Video Collection

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
DEGREE CONFLUENCE PROJECT
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2004, 09:35:38 pm »
It's been a while since I posted this link, so I can't think of a better area right now to post the link to the DEGREE CONFLUENCE PROJECT @ http://www.confluence.org - quick recap about this 5 STAR website: Around the planet there are thousands of intersecting longitude and latitude locations on the globe. The theme of this site is for ordinary people to trek to these locations ( called Confluences ) and take photos of the exact intersection, and images North, South, East and West while standing at that confluence.

The adventures use GPS devices to prove their location - see the actual photo of the location documented by camera and all the photos of villages, cities and the secluded wilds of the world.

This may sound easy and sometimes it is, but MOST of the time the confluences are smack in the middle someones home, in the middle of a stream, high atop a mountain ridge, deep in a valley or even moles and miles into never before visited dense forrest.

What really makes the site neat is the stories people write concerning their trip to the confluence, sometimes it is a trip planned YEARS in advance. other times it is a rope climb down a 1000ft cliff into a valley of snakes.

But the code (the admin uses a similar program to this forum) is so interactive that you can literally find any single confluence by location, finder, and a multitude of ways. The images are great, the stories are pure adventure and you will get to see parts of the world that our membership come from like you have never seen before.

Just as an example, there are only 5 confluences in New Jersey (Beemaster's state) - and only 885 in the entire USA. so don't think these confluences are a dime a dozen, it is a rare treat to see these and an amazing feat to have actually made their way through unimaginable terrain to actually log the confluence for the world to share. These people (and you could be one of them) are modern day Lewis and Clarks, Magellans, and other explorers - share their experiences and see the world without ever having to leave this website.

On the main page JUST LOOK at all the Countries Listed and you will be hooked. Have fun if you have never been here before.

Lastly, I strongly suggest downloading one of the free Text to Speech readers (from the Download and software section) to let the PC read some of the longer posts while you look at the images and surf. But if you like reading, then I promise THIS SITE is one you will come back to again and again.

Please enjoy the forum, and if it has helped you in any way, we hope that a small donation can be made to support our FULLY member supported forum. You will never see advertisements here, and that is because of the generous members who have made our forum possible. We are in our second decade as a beekeeping forum and all thanks to member support. At the top right of every page is a donations link. Please help if you can.

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2004, 12:58:19 am »
Im not getting links on the maps today. if you didn't catch my post in the other section I'm in Alaska U.S.A.
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline 1frozenhillbilly

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2004, 01:03:17 am »
well still dont get any link from map number but found the member list and see that I'm on there along with a ham from nikiski Ill have to try to look him up next time I go south :)
vegetarian???  isn't green stuff for growing meat?
I'm now KL4GU general ham

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2004, 08:06:13 am »
Quote from: 1frozenhillbilly
Im not getting links on the maps today. if you didn't catch my post in the other section I'm in Alaska U.S.A.

Hi!

Sprry for being slow on the updates the last days.  Been home with a fever :-(  Have to be at the University to look into it, and I'm afraid I won't be there until january.  Until then, happy christmas.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 05:03:49 pm »
It's like pulling teeth to get a straight answer any more - ugh.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2005, 05:05:00 pm »
It's like pulling teeth to get a straight answer most of the time - ugh.

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2005, 07:16:28 am »
Quote from: beemaster
It's like pulling teeth to get a straight answer any more - ugh.

?

I am now back again after the hollidays and have now updated the maps again. Sorry for the delay.

Offline beemaster

• Site Founder
  • Administrator
  • Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2005, 08:27:19 am »
Welcome back and I'm surely not talking about you!!!

I mean the people who post their location as:

These are Not actual samples, but close...

Somewhere between my front yard and back yard.
Near where I park my car.
Close to the Interstate.
Near my Baby-Daddy's Uncle's Mamma.
About THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS far from a major Ocean.

You know the ones - lol.

It's just hard to get a straight answer. Keep up the mapping, awesome work!!!

Offline eivindm

• Global Moderator
  • Field Bee
    • Eivind's page
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2005, 08:42:29 am »
Quote from: beemaster
Welcome back and I'm surely not talking about you!!!
Somewhere between my front yard and back yard.
Near where I park my car.
Close to the Interstate.
Near my Baby-Daddy's Uncle's Mamma.
About THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSS far from a major Ocean.

LOL!!  :lol: You really got me laughing there! I have used some time to figure out such locations and it often results in a PM to the user :-)

anything