BEEKEEPING LEARNING CENTER > DOWN UNDER BEEKEEPING

flow hives

(1/5) > >>

crispy:
Hi all , i have just seen a posting on the flow hive disscussion group that made me realize it was not the group for me to be following or be part of , a chap in america who for what ever reason has built his own version of the said flow hive now  he is obviously fairly new to be keeping and cannot afford one of the original hives so with this in mind he has asked the question about getting aftermarket flow frames i would say to try to cut down on expenditure .
Well some of the comments were not nice bassically bagging him for asking about these aftermarket frames .
 Now it possibly was the wrong thing to do seeing it is the inventors site , but i was a member of this site up until about 5 minutes ago after seeing some of the nasty and rude comments made toward this poor guy . A lot were from americans as that is where he lives but some were from aussies as well . I wont be returning to the site as i thought it was about learning about bee keeping obviosley not regardless if you had a fancy flow hive or not ,its funny you know i havn't seen any large operators using these hives . When i watch videos on bee keepers and some of the manky old hives they have i have to think why would you pay over a thousand dollers for one of these things anyway im angry and thats my rant for the day as far as im concerned keep you nancy pancy flow hives il stick old school thanks .  :angry:

Bob Wilson:
I think a lot of beekeepers have tried to cut cost by building hives. I did. I built mine. They are made well, but as cheap as I could. Since beekeeping can be expensive, I found it was the only way I could get into it... Just like that guy.

crispy:
Bob i have got nothing against anyone who wants to save a doller we all have our reasons but some of the comments towards this poor bloke were almost as if it was some elitist club ,if i could get the timber in the size i needed for my hives i woud build them too as im a carpenter by trade . It just annoys me that becuase someone has not either got the moneyor has commitments to buy the original item for whatever reason they bag the hell out of them .They probably dont like long hive owners either ,i read a comment the other day that basically said old bee keepers wont advance with modern technology and will stay with the langstom hives i nearly left then . As far as i am concernend its about bee keeping not how bloody pretty your hive looks , and they can stick their flow hives where the sun dont shine !   

Ben Framed:
Hi Crispy. I must have missed that one. I have not seen many nasty post here on the bee-forum part. Although I have seen some stiff debates on the Coffeehouse lol. 
Was this nasty post that you read recent? Just curious.

Phillip

May I add. Try not to be too wroth, mostly there are some pretty well meaning folks here.

crispy:
Hi ben it wasnt on this site mate i think the moderators would have stepped in if it had been .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version