Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New knat or just more than usual?  (Read 2309 times)

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
New knat or just more than usual?
« on: August 10, 2017, 08:48:43 am »
I'm not sure if we have had a new kind of knat show up around here or if the lack of a winter gave the population boost a running start. In addition we have had probably the wettest summer I've ever experienced in my 58 years of living.

They are ALWAYS in my house. I even broke down and started spraying fly spray inside. Don't really seem to make a difference. Sometimes I go to the field and feel like I need a insect net around my hat. They all in my ears, face, and eyes. I work about 35+ miles south of my home and it's just a little better down there. Is anyone else having this problem or has anyone in my area heard of a new knat? They look like a baby house fly.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
Re: New knat or just more than usual?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2017, 08:53:37 pm »
Funny you mentioned this. My wife and I were saying just the opposite. We used to get chewed up real bad, not this year.
The nats you mentioned, are they biting or just very annoying?
We used to have them in PA. They didn't bite, just annoyed. I noticed we started having these nats this spring instead of no-see-ems that bite.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 09:35:07 am »
They're annoying, when you start to eat they fly between you and your plate, they fly around the TV at night. No matter where you are there they are.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 11:04:45 pm »
They can be a real pain but nats that we call teeth or no seeems are a lot worse. They swarm down on you from above in large numbers and they bite and itch real bad.
I find that if you have a roof over your head they are often leave you a lone.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin