Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Hello from Melbourne Australia  (Read 3265 times)

Offline Phil-J

• New Bee
Hello from Melbourne Australia
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:54:13 pm »
Hello all from Melbourne Australia.

I am a complete beginner and have one hive that came from a swarm around a month ago. I am located in Melbourne's outer Eastern suburbs - Wonga Park to be exact. The hive seems to be progressing and I have placed a second Super and a Queen excluder a couple of weeks ago as the hive seemed very active and full - but I am a beginner in this, so I hope they are happy.

Seems like a great forum here.

rgs

Phil J

Offline HAB

• HEAVENLY BEEKEEPER
  • Field Bee
Re: Hello from Melbourne Australia
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2009, 07:11:21 pm »
Welcome!
We are just about to start our third year. :bee: :bee: :bee:
Up to twenty hives and an Observation Hive.  Had to cut back or my wife was gonna leave, was a hard decision.  But cut back we did. (If only Bees could cook!!)

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2009, 09:24:59 pm »
Hope you have a look at these posts Phil.  http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/board,157.0.html
I am in Gippsland. Not far away.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 10:54:54 pm »
Welcome, Phil.

Hope you have a look at these posts Phil.
and especially the posts where we make the dubious claim that everyone in Melbourne is called Phil. 
http://forum.beemaster.com/index.php/topic,25669.0.html
(see, Cindi, that weren't no porky pie)

Anyway, sounds like your hive's going great guns.  You should do well out there.

Lone

Offline Cindi

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2009, 12:37:02 am »
Phil, welcome to our forum, so wonderful you found us.  One hive is a good start, and there will be more as you become more deeply held under the spell of the honeybee, they have that way about them, the more you get to know them and their little secret lives, the more you will want to know.  It is wonderful that we are having so many different people joining our forum from different parts of the world.  Stick around, we love new members.

BTW Lone, you clearly love to tease people  :) :) :).  Phil, we have alot of fun on this forum, all adults (well mostly, some younger folk), playing as children, we are a family here, you will see that and will love to be a part of this great forum of ours.  Have that most wonderful day, to love and live, share, with great health.  Cindi

There are strange things done in the midnight sun by the men who moil for gold.  The Arctic trails have their secret tales that would make your blood run cold.  The Northern Lights have seen queer sights, but the queerest they ever did see, what the night on the marge of Lake Lebarge, I cremated Sam McGee.  Robert Service

Offline Phil-J

• New Bee
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2009, 04:05:15 am »
Thanks for the kind welcome all. ... all people from Melbourne are called Phil - now that's funny!

I am still yet to develop the "zen" with the bees as yet, as they tend to make me feel unwelcome when I pay them a visit. Have lots to learn but glad I found this place. I am very surprised just how popular beekeeping actually is - for instance - the local beekeeping club here in Melbourne's East had over 130 attendees at their monthly meeting.
What have I been missing?!!

I did see the down under section of this forum -  :-D :-D :-D Typical Australians, we try to claim everything as our own!! - Isn't Russell Crow Australian??

Phil J

Offline Geoff

• Heavenly Beekeeper
  • Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2009, 04:35:24 am »
  No he's a Kiwi imposing as an Aussie Phil. But we can claim Mick Molloy and Shane Jacobson.
Local Area Network in Australia - the LAN down under.

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2009, 07:13:12 am »
And you can claim SlickMick

Welcome aboard Phil.. well wotdidja expect coming from Melbourne

Slicko

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2009, 07:15:01 am »
Yep, you got to log on to the Aussie part of the forum... its for Aussies and those who'd like to be Aussies.. We're not too particular

Mick

Offline annette

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2009, 12:43:31 am »
I'm Aussie also, in my heart, but not in my taste buds. (you see I do not like vegemite and so the other blokes don't quite know what to do with me) I'm supposed to keep this dirty little secret to myself, but heck thought you should know this about me.

Welcome to the forum and have a great time with the bees. You are starting on an adventure (maybe a rollercoaster :shock: :shock: :shock:). Just kidding.

Offline SlickMick

• Field Bee
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2009, 09:00:53 am »
Yeah you're such a good trick we'll forget that you got crazy taste buds :shock:

Slicko

Offline Lone

• Queen Bee
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2009, 09:39:15 am »
I'm Aussie also, in my heart, but not in my taste buds. (you see I do not like vegemite and so the other blokes don't quite know what to do with me)

No pudding for you till you finish your vegie, Nettie.

as they tend to make me feel unwelcome when I pay them a visit.

You have to rub two gum trees together and chuck on some emu dung to make smoke, Phil, then you will be their best mate.

BTW Lone, you clearly love to tease people    

I tease my doggie too.

Lone