Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Plastic Foundation in modified Dadant (Dadant US)?  (Read 1190 times)

Offline Boarbuster

• Brood
Plastic Foundation in modified Dadant (Dadant US)?
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:53:47 am »
hi there.
I am looking for plastic foundation in modified Dadant ("Dadant US") . Size would have to be rather large: 10 1/4" X 16 1/2"...
I am wondering that even Dadant & sons don't have this size available... Neither Acorn nor Mann's Lake have them that big, too...
Is there a supplier at all for it? I know Dadant US isn't really that popular, but it seems it is the only frame size for which no plastic foundation is offered. You even find it in exotoc frame sizes, but not for Dadant US. Maybe Dadant US is even more exotic than the other sizes I have found plastic foundation being available for... ;-)
Anyway. Maybe there is one supplier/ manufacturer offering large sheets such that one can customize and cut them to fit personal preferences?
Thanks.
J.

Offline Troutdog

• House Bee
Re: Plastic Foundation in modified Dadant (Dadant US)?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 12:02:55 pm »
Turn side ways cut to length place in middle vertucally

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Online cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 12:59:11 pm »
Welcome  :happy:

I don't know where you would find any.  It takes alot of money for the tooling to produce the foundation and if it isn't a common size it isn't cost effective for them to produce it. 

If you need 10 1/4" on the depth, one option would be to take two medium sheets and cut them down to fit your frame. 

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2018, 12:02:21 pm »
No one in the US has it.  I have done as Troutdog said and turned it sideways and cut to fit.  Two of them fill a frame.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

anything