Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: First Sting of the Year.  (Read 1442 times)

djgriggs

First Sting of the Year.
« on: May 26, 2018, 06:07:41 pm »
I had questions about the split that I need to do today so I went to a neighboring beek. Glenn was very helpful with all of my questions.

Standing next to his bees for about  30 minutes then all of a sudden one of his lady friends decided to give me a kiss.. Well needless to say it did catch me off guard , did not think much of it when it happen.. It has been 4 hours and have a little redness , tightness and some small swelling.. other than that I think I am all good.. looking forward to my next one believe it not. This is the first sting of any kind in I would say at least 4 years.. :)

djgriggs

Re: First Sting of the Year.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2018, 09:16:56 pm »
Curious,,, How long should my muscle in my arm be sore from the bee sting ?

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2018, 11:02:56 pm »
Mr. Griggs, each person has unique reactions, from no reaction called UNREMARKABLE to severe called anaphylaxis and every possible condition inbeteeen.  Add to that an individual can have different reactions according to area of body stung.

I got stung five times in a single event, one sting on my ankle went ballistic, two were unremarkable, two had light swelling.  Go figure.

The queen of that hive was replaced.
Blessings

Offline cao

• Super Bee
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2018, 12:05:29 am »
My typical reaction to being stung is maybe a little redness and maybe slight swelling the first day.  The second day is when the itching begins.  By the third day everything is pretty much back to normal.  Sometimes it desn't even take that long.

Offline Dustymunky

• New Bee
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2018, 02:24:28 am »
For me hands and wrists swell alot.  Head or neck swell even more.  3-4 days and back to normal. Seems like reaction lessens the more stings i get.

Offline Bamboo

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2018, 08:01:11 am »
Stung above the right eye Thursday. All fine for the rest of the day but could feel that I had been stung but nothing dramatic. Woke up Friday morning eye completely closed slowly improved until just about back to normal on Sunday. Second sting around the eyes in the last 6 months that has swelled up. Can take them elsewhere and they don't really affect me other than the feeling after you have been stung and you can feel where it was.

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2018, 09:12:58 am »
Doing that tower cutout this past week, I took over 10 stings, hence the suit. 4 of them were to one spot on my right wrist, same spot even though I kept smoking it. No react except for the initial pain. I kept wishing they were all on my left arm to fix elbow pain that I have. I expect that should go away soon with more stings.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

djgriggs

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2018, 06:43:47 pm »
The day after the sting, no tightness, no swelling , no redness , there never was a spot that had a whelp that indicated where I got stung.. I could never find one. All indications of a sting have gone away,, never did get any itching

Online The15thMember

• Global Moderator
  • Galactic Bee
  • Traveler of the Multiverse, Seeker of Knowledge
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2018, 08:40:38 pm »
The day after the sting, no tightness, no swelling , no redness , there never was a spot that had a whelp that indicated where I got stung.. I could never find one. All indications of a sting have gone away,, never did get any itching
Wow, that's pretty good!  I took my first sting of my life a couple weeks ago.  I was standing in the flight path to and from the hive a little to much and a forager got stuck under my watch.  She may have survived though, because she was stuck in my skin, and I scraped her off before she could fly away and injure her abdomen, and she didn't leave the stinger.  The sting site was red immediately, and began swelling the next day.  The affected area sort of spread around my wrist for the next couple days and then got itchy.  It was about a week and half before all symptoms were gone. 
I come from under the hill, and under the hills and over the hills my paths led.  And through the air, I am she that walks unseen.

Offline LizzieBee

• House Bee
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 03:36:27 am »
The first time I ever got stung by a bee was when I was installing them into their hive. To show their epreciation of being let out of the small box, two bees stung me on my shoulder. I was wearing a thin shirt, so it was my fault. It was itching and hurting for only fifteen minutes and never bothered me again. More recently I was wearing a fuzzy jacket and a bee went up the jacket and stung me above my hip. I didn?t notice until later when it was slightly itchy and red. Bee stings are not as miserable as wasp stings, I?ve gotten plenty of those without bothering the wasp at all. I guess wasps are just always being mean...

Lizzie

anything