MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE COFFEE HOUSE ((( SOCIAL - ROOM )))

Las Vagas

(1/28) > >>

Eric Bosworth:
There may be a couple buildings in my town that are 3 stories, probably some barns. But nothing that would give the elevation advantage for a mass shooting event such as the one in Vagas. I do not live in a city. I do not want to live in a city. I have never experienced an event like what happened in Vagas. I don't even like things like the fair because of the number of people. The problem is that high population densities become targets. Weather we like it or not. I am the first to say that terrorists win when we are terrorized. The solution therefor is not to fear terrorists. It is a whole lot easier for me in the country not to let terrorists terrorize me than it would be if I lived in the city.

cidersabuzzin:

--- Quote from: Eric Bosworth on October 02, 2017, 09:55:14 am ---There may be a couple buildings in my town that are 3 stories, probably some barns. But nothing that would give the elevation advantage for a mass shooting event such as the one in Vagas. I do not live in a city. I do not want to live in a city. I have never experienced an event like what happened in Vagas. I don't even like things like the fair because of the number of people. The problem is that high population densities become targets. Weather we like it or not. I am the first to say that terrorists win when we are terrorized. The solution therefor is not to fear terrorists. It is a whole lot easier for me in the country not to let terrorists terrorize me than it would be if I lived in the city.

--- End quote ---

50 Killed, 200 injured..................undoubtedly someone from the NRA will be along to say "a CC gun owner would have been able to stop him" it took Police with explosives to get into the hotel room to get to him. Having said that, what a tragic event, its a sad world.
cider     

Hops Brewster:

--- Quote from: cidersabuzzin on October 02, 2017, 10:51:32 am ---undoubtedly someone from the NRA will be along to say "a CC gun owner would have been able to stop him" it took Police with explosives to get into the hotel room to get to him.
cider   

--- End quote ---
probably not,.  They will respond to the facts.

Let us all make our meditations and/or prayers for the people affected by this madman.

Eric Bosworth:

--- Quote from: cidersabuzzin on October 02, 2017, 10:51:32 am ---50 Killed, 200 injured..................undoubtedly someone from the NRA will be along to say "a CC gun owner would have been able to stop him" it took Police with explosives to get into the hotel room to get to him. Having said that, what a tragic event, its a sad world.
cider   

--- End quote ---

This was clearly a well planned attack. Short of somebody seeing him in the hotel and recognizing the weapons he had in his baggage, not an easy thing to do, there was no way to prevent this. I don't believe that gun control would have prevented it just like I don't believe it could have been prevented if everybody was carrying a gun. I doubt the NRA will say anything until the inevitable legislation proposals to prevent law abiding citizens from owning guns.

sawdstmakr:
I just heard a recording of the gunfire of some of the shooting. It is full automatic gunfire. Not a gun that you can buy legally without a federal permit.
I would not be surprised if some day we find out he did this for an anti gun group.

If the media would stop announcing the killers name a lot of the crazies would stop doing this. A lot of this is done so that everyone will know his name forever.
Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version