MEMBER & GUEST INTERACTION SECTION > THE COFFEE HOUSE ((( SOCIAL - ROOM )))

Is this what the liberals of oz really wanted?

(1/15) > >>

iddee:
"""According to The Border Mail, David Dunstan grabbed an unloaded rifle when a man armed with a knife knocked on his back door in the middle of the night. He claims to have never pointed the rifle, for which he has a license, directly at the suspect. Dunstan made the intruder get in a car and drove him to the police station, where he was picked up?but then police took the three guns that the farmer kept in his home for pest control purposes.

?I just don?t know what I should have done, what would have been the right way to do it,? said Dunstan. ?My gun license is for vermin control. I suppose, technically, trying to protect yourself is not classed as that.?"""

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2017/9/16/ftfs/australian-man-has-guns-seized-after-defending-home/

herbhome:
Dumb.....just dumb!

damienpryan:
I'm going out on a limb here, but I think most Australians would recognise an obviously American poster in an Australia/NZ forum trying to cause trouble.
Whether you're in favour of weaker or stronger gun laws in Australia, I think we can safely say it is Australia's business.

eivindm:
This is not beekeeping related, and should be placed in the coffee house section.

In addition I would advice to be careful with strong political statements targeted to others. It often ends bad!

Milo:
The tough gun laws in Australia were passed into law by the centre right conservative political party, which in Australia is called the 'liberal' party.

It was led at the time by prime minister John Howard, one of George dubya's great mates

To reiterate: laws were drafted by the conservatives not the liberals

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version