Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: No perfect answer to leaks?  (Read 153 times)

Offline gww

• Field Bee
No perfect answer to leaks?
« on: August 04, 2017, 08:39:45 pm »
I am a bit conflicted on wether all leaks are bad or not.  They recently leaked the presidents conversation with the mexican president.  It showed that what he told the public of how the call went was a bit differrent then the truth was.  On the one hand, if I was the president, I would want to put forth what helped me but if I was the public, I would like to know if the president tells me the truth.

I look a the above as a bit differrent then you would look at something like leaking to a foreign enity our military capabilities.

I have dealt in stressful situations in my life and liked when I could give a finnished settlement with the negotiation process being done in private.  I have also seen better out comes from negotiations when the cat was let out of the bag before they were finnished and public pressure made for a good change in course.

My instinct says that knowing what the truth is when being fed something is better then not and so think that people play a little straiter if the feeling is that in the end, most times the truth comes out no matter what.  Having that in the back of your mind has to help counter the tendancey of people having too much authority ending up abusing that authority.

I don't believe it should be made illegal but do believe if someone was treating me that way that I would fire them.

Anybody?
Cheers
gww

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: No perfect answer to leaks?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 11:23:41 pm »
First I am not a fan of trump. That said, he needs to be able to talk to foreign leaders confidentially. I have not read the transcript, I really don't care. I want the president to be successful because I want America to be successful. I hated Obama but I wanted him to be successful as well... He was a failure but that was not a surprise. I think the media needs to get over the fact that they are in a bubble and the rest of the country does not have their views. If they gave trump a chance he might be able to get something done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 01:56:01 pm »
Makes one wonder ? Whats really being replaced in the white house.  Stew on that one.
It was A/C, water leak now wiring?

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 12:41:48 am »
Haha Mikey, you're funny.
Everyone with a brain knows Trump Properties are more secure than the White House.

It is common knowledge the FBI is spying on DT.  Justice Department Obama appointees as well.

Look for interesting things to happen in 17 days.