Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Bees on front page of Wall Street Journal  (Read 86 times)

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
Re: Bees on front page of Wall Street Journal
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 12:08:52 pm »
It must have been a slow day for news... I am kind of surprised that he needed a bee vac. I would never use a vac for a swarm... once you get the queen they will follow into the box on their own. I guess at that point however they probably didn't want to wait until after dark to go pick them up. I also don't agree with

?All kidding aside, it?s a dangerous task,? he said, ?but if not the police, who??

Unless you are allergic it isn't that dangerous. Even if you are allergic that is why epi pens exist... The problem is the FDA/prescription requirement and the cost of them.
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2017, 08:51:15 pm »
They always have a human interest story at the bottom of page 1.  I agree the danger is overblown by a mile and a large box could have served the purpose just as well, but it created drama to make him a hero.  Wouldn't you like to have a cherry picker at your beck and call, tough?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 09:38:05 pm »
They always have a human interest story at the bottom of page 1.  I agree the danger is overblown by a mile and a large box could have served the purpose just as well, but it created drama to make him a hero.  Wouldn't you like to have a cherry picker at your beck and call, tough?
Yeah a cherry picker would be cool...
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2017, 12:19:29 pm »
a cherry picker and overtime pay.  I'd be a hero and take a sting for the team, too.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.