Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Repeal of the ACA is dead. They should get to work on tax reform now  (Read 1681 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Queen Bee
Thoughts on this anyone?

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Repeal of the ACA is dead. They should get to work on tax reform now
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »
Too many RINO's in the swamp. Have to drain it a bit more in 2018.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Online tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2017, 12:47:38 am »
McCain will be gone, stuck with Collins AT LEAST til  2020 and Murkowski til 2022.  :cry:

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 12:53:24 am »
Too many RINO's in the swamp. Have to drain it a bit more in 2018.  Iddee

The Good News is the RINO's are putting targets on their backs for all to see.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 01:09:40 am »
I like how they made them show their true colors. Makes it easier to get rid of them.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 01:00:29 pm »
Thoughts on this anyone?

I think there are already enough flames to roast republicans.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline gww

• Field Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2017, 02:45:50 pm »
My opinion is that John mccain is the biggest hero of the day.  The one guy that when the chips were down and the pressure was on that decided to do the right thing and dam the torpedos.  The one guy that for at least one time made the point that change for the sake of change even if that change is going to make lots of things worse does not add up to a good thing.  There is no need for the republicans to throw the baby out with the bath water rather then picking the reconized problims and working to make them better.  They want to keep thier promise even if it hurts thier own constituents because it has the name of the other party attached to it rather then fixing the mistakes and taking credit for that.

John Mccain is the dry land in the middle of the swamp at least today.  Maby it will make them guys solve some of the problims together and even if it doesn't it will have stopped some worse problims from being added to the ones we already have to live with.
Cheers
gww

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 03:01:00 pm »
considering that ACA is about taxation as much as about healthcare, does this mean tax reform is still ACA reform?
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2017, 09:00:24 am »
Not really Hops.  Tax reform is about funneling money upwards and increasing the national debt.  Trump wants to borrow the money from Russia but russian money is toilet paper.  It will likely be borrowed from China.  We the common people will suffer and Europe the common people will suffer.
A flat tax means kids will have to make their living from a math and science background instead of getting a law degree.  Economic growth of a country is influenced primarily by how well it's population does in math and science and not by a draft dodger that grows up to be a blow hard.  The only chance of making America great again is to get rid of the blow hard.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 09:42:11 am »
Well, we did that in Nov. Now we are seeing REAL hope and change. The resistance is always tough when you remove bum's freebies, but it will come together shortly.
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 11:19:16 am »
Well, we did that in Nov. Now we are seeing REAL hope and change. The resistance is always tough when you remove bum's freebies, but it will come together shortly.
X2
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 08:56:07 pm »
iddee are you some relation to an ostrich?  You are always burying your head in the sand.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2017, 09:17:26 pm »
I guess I just prefer the feel of sand, Ace. You can keep the feel of anus as long as you want.   :tongue:     :grin:

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline jvalentour

• House Bee
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 11:14:22 pm »
I'd like to see President Trump follow through with his threat to end the exemption for Congress and their employees to the ACA.  That would be so funny.

Online tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 12:33:58 am »
I'd like to see President Trump follow through with his threat to end the exemption for Congress and their employees to the ACA. 

I hope he does!

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 10:43:46 am »
Not really Hops.  Tax reform is about funneling money upwards and increasing the national debt.
Which is exactly what the ACA is doing, funneling money up to those special interests that wrote the law and to their Congressional stooges that passed it. 
With a flat tax, one wouldn't need accounting and law degrees to figure out a tax return.  Arithmetic would suffice.  It would be so simple even Democrat and Republican Congress critters wouldn't be able to cheat, unless they exempt themselves, as they do from everything else, including the ACA.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 03:06:17 pm »
My opinion is that John mccain is the biggest hero of the day.  The one guy that when the chips were down and the pressure was on that decided to do the right thing and dam the torpedos.

He's a sleazy piece of crap.  all of them ran loud and clear on getting rid of Obamacare.  McCain, and the other two, both lied to those who voted for them (no surprise) but McCain used this as a chance to stick it to Trump.

We have Trump largely thanks to McCain.  He hated Cruz and helped trash him in the primary, and then he set about trying to destroy Trump with the Russia crap....yes, he helped with that too. 

He can't be gone fast enough!

As for tax reform, yes they need to get at it, but some of the components of tax reform won't be done because of ACA.  That's OK.  They can deal with it later, but the reason they went after Obamacare first was so that they could do a complete tax overhaul.

?Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.?

― George Orwell, 1984

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 08:46:00 pm »
Well said Kathy. Thanks.
Jim

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 09:15:01 pm »
He's a sleazy piece of crap.
That is where Trump went wrong.  Attacking someone that lived through the horrors of enemy capture, him being a draft dodger to boot.  At least you are acknowledging that the orange turd is all done.  I heard he fired his foul mouth gangster today.  He still thinks he is on the reality show looking for higher ratings.

So pitiful it is hard to believe.  I feel sorry for the general he should have kept saying no and let Trump implode.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 09:48:07 pm »
I have not yet read this entire thread but here is a thought... John Barrasso representing WY, Bill Cassidy representing LA, and Rand Paul representing KY are Medical Doctors. 3% of the US Senators are doctors. The entire idea of Congress writing laws regulating fields of which most have little to no experience is crazy. Why should the government be involved with healthcare at all? That would be like asking me to write regulations about healthcare. All I know about it is that when I need medical records HIPA has made it miserable. Case in point: the day after Christmas my wife slipped on black ice and dislocated and broke her shoulder. She had surgery in January and was out of work for a couple months. I have a personal accident insurance policy for her. (So far it's been worth every penny.) Getting reimbursed for the accident has been ridiculous. I finally got what I hope is the last piece of information needed today. If HIPA is any indication of the great law making abilities of Congress I think we don't want them even thinking about regulating healthcare. Or anything else for that matter. What ever happened to limiting the Congress to the 18 enumerated powers of Article I Section 8? It's been a little while since I read it but I don't recall healthcare being mentioned in Article I Section 8.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin