Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Lavender Honey  (Read 1412 times)

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
Lavender Honey
« on: July 28, 2017, 09:18:49 am »
Had a friend bring me some back from France. It is fantastic. My question is does anyone know of a place in the states that makes honey like this?

Offline Hops Brewster

• Field Bee
Re: Lavender Honey
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 10:42:43 am »
Major lavender farms are usually in the business of producing the essential oils of the plant.  but the beekeepers in those areas may produce single-variety honey.
I know of big lavender producers near Mona, UT,  Sequim, WA, and Yamhill, OR.  I'm sure there are big lavender farms in the Midwest and east, too, but I'm not familiar with them.
Not the specific information you are wanting, I know, but a point to begin looking.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 11:12:23 am »
Points me in the right direction. With a 2 year old I probably will not be making it to France anytime soon but those might be fun road trips with the little guy to see.

Offline Oldbeavo

• Queen Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 06:40:01 pm »
I found lavender honey at a fair, the person selling it had all kinds of lavender products and grew it themselves.
But on further questioning found out that they make the lavender honey by adding a few drops of lavender oil to normal honey.

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 11:09:21 am »
I found lavender honey at a fair, the person selling it had all kinds of lavender products and grew it themselves.
But on further questioning found out that they make the lavender honey by adding a few drops of lavender oil to normal honey.

I would not find that to be the same thing but I might just give it a taste nonetheless.

Offline little john

• Super Bee
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2017, 08:27:50 am »
A bit out of your area, but here are a few photographs.  Bet it smells real nice around there ...
https://norfolk-lavender.co.uk/home/lavender-fields
LJ
A Heretics Guide to Beekeeping - http://heretics-guide.atwebpages.com

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 01:23:15 pm »
Those were some beautiful pics.

anything