Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Who's telling lies?  (Read 440 times)

Offline cidersabuzzin

• House Bee
  • vroom... vroom... but more like phut** phut**!
Who's telling lies?
« on: July 11, 2017, 03:39:54 pm »
Like father like son? :wink:
Whats good for bees is usually good for mankind. Doesn't that mean sharing?
The Ladies could still teach the Borg a thing or two!....and maybe us too, so long as we don't go too far to the left or right and fall off the edge...

Offline iddee

• Galactic Bee
Re: Who's telling lies?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 05:39:08 pm »
No...... It's more like "attack the family if you can't prove anything on the head person".
"Listen to the mustn'ts, child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never haves, then listen close to me . . . Anything can happen, child. Anything can be"

*Shel Silverstein*

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
  • I love New York... I hate the government.
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 10:11:36 pm »
I am so sick of the Russian election meddling crap. If the voting machines were successfully hacked then the board of elections has a security problem. If the Russians generated fake news stories to influence individual voters then why is that any different than the mainstream media in this country? Besides, some would argue otherwise, but don't we believe in freedom of speech? If our Congress shall write no law abridging the freedom of speech how could they have done anything wrong? Hacking a voting machine perhaps but I didn't think they were successful at that. Our Constitution does not specify that speech must be true to be protected. So either way it is America's problem not the Russians. Get over Hillary's loss, move on and wake up to the idea that those of us in the center of the country don't think that those on the coasts should take our freedom away.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2017, 05:40:59 am »
Are lies OK when applying for a security clearance?

BTW - any ideas on who leaked the story that forced the `full disclosure?`
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2017, 08:27:37 am »
Are lies OK when applying for a security clearance?
My guess is that depends on the lie. I don't have or have ever even applied for a security clearance so I don't know.

BTW - any ideas on who leaked the story that forced the `full disclosure?`
Somebody who doesn't like Trump. I am no fan of Trump. I didn't vote for him... I didn't vote for Hillary either. But I am so sick of all of this crap. He is the president like it or not... People need to move on. I didn't like Obama but he was the president I was stuck with him and all of his moronic policies. Well not it is time for Trump and his moronic policies... I do think that Trump is a little better than Obama but with such positive press how can anybody tell?

I am reminded of one of the first political conversations I had with my wife's stepfather who said he voted for Obama because it was about time we had a black president. I said I would much rather vote for somebody based on their character, policies, and intelligence rather than the color of their skin. He has since requested that we not talk about politics. We don't agree on much. He once said "I found something agree on... the Yankees suck." He is a Mets fan. I have hated the Yankees ever since they left Oneonta. What ever happened to the days when John Elway played baseball for the Yankees? I said that there is something else we agree on... President Bush was a terrible president... The difference is that you seem to think Obama is better. 

I did write in somebody the name of a black person once but not because of the color of his skin. I have never voted for a president who won. Until 2012 I always wrote in a candidate.

All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns; that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party. ---Mao Tse Tung

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. ---Benjamin Franklin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2017, 08:40:13 am »
If the Russians generated fake news stories to influence individual voters then why is that any different than the mainstream media in this country?

Mainstream media can be ruined by the american public if the stories are not supported.  You saw a taste of that with Fox news.

So either way it is America's problem not the Russians.
Is it now?  Putin made a direct hit on American soil along with other European countries and continues to do so.  We sent no missiles or bombs yet we dumped thousands maybe millions on countries that never committed an act of war against our country.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline beecanbee

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2017, 02:44:46 am »
I just saw on CNN that Trump is off to France.  I presume it is to line up asylum?   :happy:  (btw... joke)
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me."  Duncan Vandiver

A boy can do half the work of a man, but two boys do less, and three boys get nothing done at all. :)

(False) Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel.  - Samuel Johnson

Offline Eric Bosworth

• Field Bee
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2017, 10:39:53 am »

So either way it is America's problem not the Russians.
Is it now?  Putin made a direct hit on American soil along with other European countries and continues to do so.  We sent no missiles or bombs yet we dumped thousands maybe millions on countries that never committed an act of war against our country.
How did he make a direct hit? From what has been said, no election machine tampering was successful. Of course... that is what has been made public. Who knows what really happened. Perhaps I am the one who is stupid for believing this but I don't believe that the American people are dumb enough to believe the media. Then again... I can't believe that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton were even nominated to be president. I don't believe we have had a good president in my entire lifetime. Our country has gone down hill for my entire life. I hope Trump makes America great again. I doubt he will but I still hold out hope. I didn't vote for him. I certainly didn't vote for Hillary either.

Offline kathyp

• Universal Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 11:27:47 am »
This is kinda interesting.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/341788-exclusive-doj-let-russian-lawyer-into-us-before-she-met-with-trump
I have a couple of thoughts about this that are random.

1. I am very happy that the left finally dislikes the Russian government.  Better late than never.

2. why would Putin want Trump as president?  Finally, people are starting to ask this question.  Hillary was already theirs.  Trump is unpredictable, and I would guess, watching his personality type, one who will do what is best for his agenda and himself.  That leaves the Russian agenda out because it no way does that fit with what Trump is doing.

3.  While I agree with Gowdy that  everything needs to come out, I have also been in the middle of things that are so intense that when you are done (months later) what sticks it the high points.  I would be willing to bet that there's a ton of stuff we don't know about Hillary supporter meetings, will never know, and are unimportant in the grand scheme of things.

We are only now finding out about Ukrainian Ambassador Valeriy Chaly and the attempts by the Ukraine govt to help Hillary. 

4.  that's more than a couple so I'll add one more.  I suspect this is the stuff that goes on in every campaign, every year, every time with all candidate.  I am not happy to be in the position of Trump defender, but this would not be news if not for the organized and concerted effort to damage his presidency. 

This is not "everyone gets a trophy" or "everyone wins" or something the leftist whiners can take to court and force on everyone else.  The left lost and they don't know how to deal with it.  All of the usual temper tantrum crap they pull has not worked. 
They are so divorced from their own interests that even when their own security and that of their children is finally compromised, they do not seek to avert the danger themselves but cross their arms and wait for the nation as a whole to come to their aid. Yet as utterly as they sacrifice their own free will, they are no fonder of obedience than anyone else. They submit, it is true, to the whims of a clerk, but no sooner is force removed than they are glad to defy the law as a defeated enemy. Thus one finds them ever wavering between servitude and license.
Alexis de Tocqueville

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 01:21:01 pm »
Somebody told Trump Jr. the Russians had evidence incriminating Hillary.

Trump Jr. said "i love it.  Can we talk about it next week."

MSM and leftists get their hair on fire about Russian interference.

Question:  Why isn't anyone demanding to see the evidence of crimes committed by Hillary? 
Another question:  What campaign would say it isn't interested in evidence incriminating a political opponent?
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2017, 04:13:32 pm »
>Another question:  What campaign would say it isn't interested in evidence incriminating a political opponent?

Gary Johnson
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2017, 10:06:06 pm »
Kathy, Trump is deep in debt to Russia (Putin) and needed some relief.  He is so untrustworthy in this country that no one would lend him a buck.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline MikeyN.C.

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 04:45:52 pm »
Didn't L.Lynch give visa to Russian lawyer or is that a lie to?