Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New bee suit (ultra breeze)  (Read 4653 times)

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
New bee suit (ultra breeze)
« on: July 05, 2017, 04:49:33 pm »
I just ordered the ultra breeze suit after doing a lot of research and reading reviews. A little pricey for sure. Especially for someone like me. 260$ is a lot of money. But from everything o have read it seems well worth the price. And it's made in the USA. I can certainly appreciate that. Who has this suit and what are your thoughts? I can't speak for it yet, but I will say that the lady I spoke with several times from ultra breeze (her name is Stephanie) was rediculously nice and helpful. She even responded to an email on the 4th of July. Even after I stated in the email to get back to me after she enjoys her holiday. NOW THAT IS GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!! we had a long phone conversation about the suits and she sure was a big help. She said her brother is the one who started the suits. But unfortunately he passed away. Anyway, I am in no way affiliated with them, but I wanted to express the good dealings I have had with them so far. I really appreciate stuff like that in this fast paced rat race of a world we all live in. Who all uses this suit and how do you like it? Many thanks.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
Re: New bee suit (ultra breeze)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 05:54:35 pm »
>Who has this suit and what are your thoughts?

I have bought quite a few jackets and a couple of suits.  Many for other people as gifts, some for spares around here.  I like everything about it.  On a hot day it may save your life.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
My book:  ThePracticalBeekeeper.com
-------------------
"Everything works if you let it."--James "Big Boy" Medlin

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 06:29:05 pm »
Michael I can't disagree with you at all on the hot day comment. I've done a couple of removals in my make shift suit that I have now, and by the time that I decide I need a break I'm beginning to get worried about myself and literally tear the suit off so that I can cool down some. And not to mention it's not sting resistant at all when it's soaking wet and stuck to my skin. The suit is scary hot and makes me nervous wearing it in this Georgia heat.
Take a kid fishing !

Van, Arkansas, USA

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 07:30:25 pm »
Enough said, if Mr. Bush approves this jacket that's all the reference I need.  I'll probably have one shortly.  Cheers

Offline Jim134

• Galactic Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2017, 11:42:13 pm »
     This is definitely a suit I would consider. Especially if they had my size. Very few people are my size. Just because you're 6'8" does not mean you're fat.

http://www.guardianbeeapparel.com/

It looks like Michael Bush even approves this suit. You supposedly can read his statement at the bottom of the page. I just wonder how many suits has Michael Bush approved ??

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :smile:
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 09:23:46 am by Jim 134 »
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 12:36:28 am »
Do you have a link to the suit?

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 12:42:46 am »
Take a kid fishing !

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 09:21:00 am »
This:
http://www.guardianbeeapparel.com/

Is pretty much the same suit/jacket as the Ultra Breeze except with extra zippers so you can open the front of the veil without taking off the hood and it's got zippers up the sides of the legs.  Not a deal breaker but nice extra features.
My website:  bushfarms.com/bees.htm en espanol: bushfarms.com/es_bees.htm  auf deutsche: bushfarms.com/de_bees.htm  em portugues:  bushfarms.com/pt_bees.htm
-------------------

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2017, 12:30:52 pm »
I was under the impression that the ultra breeze suit also had zippers all the way to the hip on the legs. I farm, so I've got boots on 24/7 , even with shorts. Hahaha. Wife doesn't​ approve of that one.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2017, 11:44:15 am »
I have one. I have never taken a sting trhough it but will get stings on my hands. The suit is well made and very breathable. I 100 percent recommend the suit.;

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2017, 03:11:58 pm »
I just figured I would let y'all know that my suit came today. Came within 3 days of placing my order. Really more like 2 since it was placed fairly late in the afternoon. I'm liking there service so far. I'll update on the suit after I use it a few times. Thank y'all for the advice.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline Waveeater

• House Bee
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2017, 09:27:41 pm »
Got the jacket as a gift on fathers day. Used,it today while combing a swarm I caught with a queen less hive, and boy was I glad I did. I had what seemed like the entire colony swarm me as soon as I removd the inner cover. And this was after smoking them. I had to have had several hundred bees on me at once, but no stings.

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2017, 11:18:04 pm »
Well I used the suit today to go through a hive I have down at my grandparents place. It was hot as heck today in Georgia and the suit sure made life a little easier. It is as advertised...."breezy". So breezy in fact that you can feel wind when you walk. Especially on the arms as you move them when walking. I was so much more comfortable. I did get popped on the palm of my hand though. Right through the glove. Time for some new ones. Those have been through a lot. And I've noticed I'm taking in on the hands pretty good hear lately. Today was my fault though. I actually grabbed the bee and squished it by accident. I would have stung me to.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline Michael Bush

• Universal Bee
    • bushfarms.com
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2017, 05:46:02 pm »
> I just wonder how many suits has Michael Bush approved ??

I have the Golden Bee Products suit and approve of it.
I have the Ultra breeze jackets and full suits and approve of them.
I have the Guardian suit and jacket and approve of them.
I have a lot of others that are ok, but not ventilated and I never use them anymore except for visitors when I'm short of suits.

I am not a spokesperson for any of them, but if they ask my opinion I give it.
-------------------

Offline BeeMaster2

• Administrator
  • Universal Bee
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2017, 08:55:20 pm »
Fish,
Try smoking your hands and not using gloves. That way you can feel the bees under your hands without crushing them.
Jim
Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Offline tycrnp

• House Bee
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2017, 09:29:57 pm »

I have the Golden Bee Products suit and approve of it.
I have the Ultra breeze jackets and full suits and approve of them.
I have the Guardian suit and jacket and approve of them.
I have a lot of others that are ok, but not ventilated and I never use them anymore except for visitors when I'm short of suits.

I am not a spokesperson for any of them, but if they ask my opinion I give it.

Good to know...thanks!!

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 10:27:54 pm »
Fish,
Try smoking your hands and not using gloves. That way you can feel the bees under your hands without crushing them.
Jim
  maybe one day. I'm not confident enough yet.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline TxKronik

• New Bee
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2017, 10:42:00 pm »
not to hijack but has anyone used this and the beekool suit? I'd like a comparison cause beekool is a little better for my budget.

Also domed or round hood thoughts?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Offline Fishing-Nut

• House Bee
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 10:03:53 pm »
Alright y'all....I have used the suit a bunch of times since it arrived and in all seriousness, I think this thing is (literally) a life saver. There's really nothing you can do about this Georgia heat. It's just simply hot. But the difference between my old suit and this one is like night and day. This thing is awesome. I can Wear shorts and no shirt under it without the fear of being stung. And believe me if I think I'll get stung, I will make my self look silly trying to prevent it. This suit is plenty thick enough to provide some serious protection, and at the same time it's soooo breathable. We are poor folks. And this suit is pricey I will admit. But knowing what I know now I would buy it again. And I will buy it again if this one wears out on me. I haven't had it long. But I'm pretty dang pleased with it so far.
Take a kid fishing !

Offline bwallace23350

• Super Bee
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2017, 11:21:57 am »
They are great. As I have said before, I have never taken a sting through it.