Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: New England forest questions  (Read 1189 times)

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
Re: New England forest questions
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2017, 10:31:01 am »
If your theory was correct there would be an increasing amount of ice build up in the south pole that makes up for the loss in the north.  You have to fix your theory.
It probably is building up. With most of the global warming scientist depending on massive grants, you do not think they are doing to report that do you.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
    • Franklin County Beekeepers Association
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2017, 12:32:40 pm »
If your theory was correct there would be an increasing amount of ice build up in the south pole that makes up for the loss in the north.  You have to fix your theory.
If you would like a Theory here you go.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134 :smile:
"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy
Franklin County Beekeepers Association MA. http://www.franklinmabeekeepers.org/

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Practicing non intervention beekeeping
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2017, 08:44:45 pm »
It probably is building up. With most of the global warming scientist depending on massive grants, you do not think they are doing to report that do you.
Jim
Jim, do you know any scientist?  They are not filing grants.  Some mucky muck that doesn't do the work files for the grants.  If there is a bias it comes from the mucky muck.  Try to relate with the scientist.  Way different viewpoint.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2017, 10:32:24 pm »
This theory is as good as anyone else's I believe.. something to remember this is only a theory.

"Tell me and I'll forget,show me and I may  remember,involve me and I'll understand"
        Chinese Proverb

"The farmer is the only man in our economy who buys everything at retail, sells everything at wholesale, and pays the freight both ways."
 John F. Kennedy

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2017, 10:48:34 pm »
This theory is as good as anyone else's I believe.. something to remember this is only a theory.

Theories are just ideas without any necessary basis in reality.
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 08:24:08 am »
Theories are just ideas without any necessary basis in reality.

In you go into a hospital with chest pain do you want a doctors theory on what is wrong with you or a plumbers theory?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2017, 08:29:13 am by Acebird »
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2017, 12:52:05 pm »
     Something to remember. Physicians have a license to practice medicine.

BEE HAPPY Jim 134  :smile:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 04:23:32 pm by Jim 134 »
        Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline Dallasbeek

• Super Bee
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2017, 01:02:22 pm »
More than 200,000 people a year die from medical mistakes.  How many die from mistakes made by plumbers? 
"Liberty lives in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no laws, no court can save it." - Judge Learned Hand, 1944

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2017, 04:47:08 pm »
Well NY is not New England but due to global warming we have virginia creaper and wild grape covering our trees now.  Many plants that would die back in the winter do not anymore.

You do realize Frost grapes have been growing in this part of the USA for well over 200 years. The concord grape was developed in Concord Mass around 150 years ago. You may have heard of the concord grapes. There are about 400,000 tonnes a year of concord grapes produced...
If you ever get to this part of the country you may want to go to Concord College. Where concord grapes were developed. And they will tell you the whole history... how to develop this interbred them with Frost grapes

« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:58:55 pm by Jim 134 »
        Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2017, 08:36:02 am »
It is not about whether grapes grow in NY.  We have many wineries in this state.  It is about wild grapes covering forest and how that relates to the earth warming up.  I have wild grapes all over the place with leaves the size of dinner plates whereas just a few years ago they were the size of a coffee cup saucer.  Wild grapes are not cultivated they just keep growing.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2017, 09:20:21 am »
           About 90% of all the wild grapes that grow in central New England now are concord grapes. As far as a size of leaves. It's been my experience it is amount of moisture that is available as well as nutrition. If the municipality has cut the grapes down. For roadside clearing and did not poison The Roots. You will get big leaves.. I believe is what they call sap growth. It has a massive root system for such a small growth on top.

Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline Psparr

• Field Bee
New England forest questions
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 12:44:56 pm »
Ace here's something for you might want to chew on for a little. http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/exclusive-study-finds-temperature-adjustments-account-for-nearly-all-of-the-warming-in-climate-data/

I'm not saying it's gospel, just saw the article and wanted to pass it along.

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2017, 08:21:22 am »
This is why the global warming temperature rise does not match the seas not rising as they would be if there was a real global warming.
Jim
"If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed.  If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed."--Mark Twain

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2017, 09:22:05 am »
This is why the global warming temperature rise does not match the seas not rising as they would be if there was a real global warming.
Jim
https://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.php?feature=4700
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline sawdstmakr

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2017, 09:36:31 am »
Brian,
Did you read that the west coast ocean level is dropping?
Then they try to justify with currents. 
If you look at the adjusted temperature level rise since 1940, if it was correct I would now have ocean front property. I'm at 33' above sea level. It has not changed since 1985.

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2017, 07:48:19 pm »
Ace here's something for you might want to chew on for a little. http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/05/exclusive-study-finds-temperature-adjustments-account-for-nearly-all-of-the-warming-in-climate-data/

I'm not saying it's gospel, just saw the article and wanted to pass it along.
?
The effect of all that change is that ?cyclical pattern in the earlier reported data has very nearly been ?adjusted? out? of temperature readings taken from weather stations, buoys, ships and other sources.

In fact, almost all the surface temperature warming adjustments cool past temperatures and warm more current records, increasing the warming trend, according to the study?s authors.

?Nearly all of the warming they are now showing are in the adjustments,? Meteorologist Joe D?Aleo,

In other words, they are consistently 'rounding up' the data, stacking the upward trend in their adjustments, making it look like there is warming, when in fact they simply keep adding the round-ups.  If a butcher did that with his thumb on the scale, he could be prosecuted for theft.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2017, 09:27:09 am »
Brian,
Did you read that the west coast ocean level is dropping?
Then they try to justify with currents. 
If you look at the adjusted temperature level rise since 1940, if it was correct I would now have ocean front property. I'm at 33' above sea level. It has not changed since 1985.
Jim, where is the melting ice from the glaciers going?  Or are we still in denial?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline Hops Brewster

• House Bee
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2017, 01:11:05 pm »
melting glaciers?  That was the story 3 years ago.  This year's news is that glaciers are growing, you guessed it, due to 'global climate change'.  If you're going to be an eco-warrior, at least fight in the current battle.

Do you remember several years ago the all the hullabaloo about the big ice shelf in Antarctica that broke off?  It was predicted to raise sea levels all around the world when it broke, and cause all kinds of chaos from the ice bergs it created.  Well, it broke off, and here we are with virtually unchanged sea levels and shipping lanes no more chaotic than usual. Of course, that's not newsworthy.  And that ice shelf?... It is growing back... due to global climate change.

I'll repeat myself One thing the climate is certain to do, is change.
Winter is coming.

I can't say I hate the government, but I am proudly distrustful of them.

Offline Jim 134

• Super Bee
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2017, 08:32:06 pm »
Bump
        Chinese Proverb

John F. Kennedy

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2017, 09:24:42 am »
If you're going to be an eco-warrior, at least fight in the current battle.
I guess it is denial ...
The fringe aside, both climate change skeptics and advocates agree that the ice caps are melting. The only disagreement is over to what extent it?s natural or a problem.
http://factmyth.com/factoids/the-polar-ice-caps-are-melting/?gclid=CjwKEAjwqIfLBRCk6vH_rJq7yD0SJACG18frW6nZQRhVJhU-Vhk9paDzeOyXwBRlMNf2WtFR1zBKaRoCO03w_wcB

Republicans like to write their own history but there are too many records available to fact check their story.
Brian Cardinal
Just do it