Welcome, Guest

Author Topic: Pms ?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
Pms ?
« on: June 26, 2017, 06:11:46 pm »
Ok went in today and as was mentioned believe hive has pms. Did not sugar roll due to heat here in fl. The queen was seen and picture taken after I shook the bees off. This was after I have seen a decrease in brood in hive, I initially thought the queen was at fault but some ideas from site. Check for efb no roping and don't think it's afb. Here is what I did oav and will do again 3x every 1 dose 5 days. I reduced entrance and putting on 1:1 sugar due to low numbers. Any Suggestion
Thanks

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
Re: Pms ?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2017, 06:15:05 pm »
Further in nest queen is laying and trying to fight the fight
Here is one I uncapped and had this on larva

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Barhopper

• House Bee
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 08:00:40 pm »
If your numbers are low consider moving them to a smaller box. If you can afford to take a frame of capped brood from another hive you might think about that. Good luck.

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2017, 09:20:15 pm »
Will most likely do this I dropped them down to a single deep and fill 8 of 10. They had a medium with 3 frames of 10 they were struggling

Offline Acebird

• Galactic Bee
  • Just do it
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 08:39:54 am »
Got me beat.  I don't see a problem.  What exactly is your beef?
Brian Cardinal
Just do it

Offline GSF

• Galactic Bee
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 09:17:41 am »
If the rest of the hive looks like this, FEED!!! That might be your problem in a nutshell. I'm like Ace, I might be missing something but mainly I see a lack of nectar.
When the law no longer protects you from the corrupt, but protects the corrupt from you - then you know your nation is doomed.

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
Pms ?
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 10:04:46 am »
Thanks saw this also started feeding this hive only . 3 other All others have 2 med full of honeyworried hive
best hive for comparison 

Offline eltalia

• Queen Bee
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 08:18:54 pm »
If you have the resources remove those darker (spotty capped pattern) frames to replace with newly drawn comb, preferably holding some eggs or early larvae. Monitor those.
Also do some random sampling of the removed frames to get an idea of numbers in terms of dead/malformed
pupae.

Cheers.

Bill

Offline jtcmedic

• Field Bee
    • Sweetest sting honey
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2017, 04:17:46 pm »
well had a high mite drop after oav. Also saw a lot of egg so I may have a bad queen also. Their pulling eggs , so making a queen from my power house with split and will pull a cell from there  and may make another split from another hive , want to grow my apiary .